Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2004, 06:10 AM
Elite Fan

The 4400 - Coming July 11th to USA Network

Okay I know that barring a DVD release or an eventual presentation on CBC or the movie network I'll probably never see this, but I feel very much intrigued by this series. I believe it's a miniseries but I'm not sure... Anyhoo... discuss!

The 4400

AN UNPRECEDENTED TELEVISION SERIES

Over the last fifty years, thousands of people have disappeared. On July 11, they're back. From Executive Producer Francis Ford Coppola's production company, American Zoetrope, comes a haunting new limited series: THE 4400. Over the last century, thousands of people have gone missing. Suddenly and inexplicably, 4400 missing people are returned all at once, as they were on the day they vanished. Unclear what this world-altering event means, the government investigates the 4400 to piece together where they've been and why they've been returned. It quickly becomes apparent that their presence will change the human race in ways no one could have foreseen.
Old 07-04-2004, 12:24 PM
Master Fan

I'm really looking forward to this! I've been seeing previews all of last month and I just can't wait.

I hope its a miniseries, because with the way they are describing it, I don't believe they can fit everything involving the story into a movie, unless they want us to sit for about 8 hours... Since it being on USA and they love doing miniseries, it most likely will be.

Here is the cast... (well atleast what is listed at IMDB.com)
Credited cast:
Joel Gretsch .... Tom
Jacqueline McKenzie .... Diana
Chad Faust .... Kyle Racker
Carrie Fleming .... Mary Ruthledge
Patrick Flueger .... Shawn Farrell
Conchita Campbell .... Maia Rutledge
Brooke Nevin .... Nikki Hudson
rest of cast listed alphabetically
Laura Allen .... Lily
Peter Coyote .... Ryland
Kaj-Erik Eriksen
Jesse Hutch .... Brad Rossi
Mahershala Karin-Ali .... Richard Tyler
Michael Moriarty .... Orson
Lori Ann Triolo .... Linda Baldwin

Characters
Tom Baldwin (Joel Gretsch)
A federal agent assigned to investigate the 4400,Tom has a personal connection to the case: his nephew, Shawn Farrell, is one of the abductees. Tom's son Kyle lies comatose in a hospital, and Kyle's continuing coma has brought Tom closer to his wife Linda, from whom he is estranged.

Diana Skouris (Jacqueline McKenzie)
A federal agent with a medical and scientific background, Diana is assigned to be Tom's partner in the investigation of the 4400. She soon develops her own personal connection to the case when she becomes close to a little girl who is one of the 4400.

Dennis Ryland (Peter Coyote)
Supervisor of the federal agency created to investigate and oversee the 4400, Dennis is Tom and Diana's boss, and is also a lifelong friend of Tom's.

Orson Bailey (Michael Moriarty)
Once a partner in an insurance company, Orson disappeared in 1979. He returns to discover that he is now unemployed, his wife is in a nursing home, and that he now possesses an unusual and uncontrollable ability.

Richard Tyler (Mahershalalhashbaz Ali)
An African-American Air Force fighter pilot from the Korean War, Richard disappeared in 1951, and returns to find the racial climate has changed radically since his disappearance. While in quarantine, he meets Lily Moore, and the two become close after discovering they have a special connection to one another.

Shawn Farrell (Patrick Flueger)
Shawn is Tom Baldwin's nephew, and disappeared in 2001. Once one of the most popular students in his school, he returns to find all of his old friends are now in college, and that his fellow students (except for his next-door neighbor, Nikki Hudson) now regard him warily. Like many of his fellow abductees, Shawn now possesses an amazing ability.

Lily Moore (Laura Allen)
Lily disappeared in 1993 when her daughter Heidi was just 6 months old, and returns to find that she has missed out on her little girl's entire childhood. While in quarantine, she meets Richard Tyler, and the two become close after discovering they have a special connection to one another.

Maia Rutledge (Conchita Campbell)
8-year-old Maia disappeared in 1946. She returns to find both of her parents are now deceased, resulting in her placement in a foster home. Like many of the other abductees, Maia now possesses an unusual gift, and when her ability becomes apparent to her foster family, it causes them to rethink their commitment to taking Maia in.

Dont forget next sunday July 11 at 9pmEST

darylbeth
Old 07-04-2004, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hmmmm ... I hadn't heard anything at all about this series, but it sounds quite intriguing,

Do we know exactly how long it will last or run for?
Old 07-06-2004, 08:07 AM
Obsessed Fan

The Website is too cool

and i have been waiting too for this series to start. The website states it is a series. I kept thinking it was a movie...so this makes it more intriguing....lately USA has really been outdoing themselves with these series. I love Monk, Dead Zone and Touching Evil. Can't wait for July 11th.
EJami powerful, tangible, wild & completely off the charts Choice, not chance, determined destiny. He, too, has been changed in his turn, changed utterly: & a terrible beauty was born. Love comes in many forms & faces, as there are many roads to truth.
Old 07-09-2004, 01:24 PM
Master Fan

Oh this (show? Miniseries?) looks so good.

IMDB has cast Photos... of course you can't save them
Old 07-09-2004, 07:43 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm looking forward to this show. I'm really excited that patrick Flueger is in this show. I saw him in SVU and just fell in love. plus, he was great in that episode.
Old 07-09-2004, 10:14 PM
Master Fan

1x1 11 Jul 04 Pilot
1x2 18 Jul 04 The New and Improved Carl Morrissey
1x3 25 Jul 04 Becoming
1x4 1 Aug 04 Trial by Fire
1x5 8 Aug 04 White Light
I don't know if there will be more of not, I'll see what I can find out.

Also here are those pictures

darylbeth
Old 07-11-2004, 09:35 AM
Master Fan

Don't forget tonight at 9pm EST on USA the Pilot for The 4400.

darylbeth
Old 07-11-2004, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hmmmm .... maybe just maybe I'll remember to tune in tonight.

Now everyone be sure and surf in and tell us all what you thought of the premiere after you see it.
Old 07-11-2004, 05:59 PM
Master Fan

Don't worry I will, although I'm at a place at the moment without cable TV, but TiVO at home is recording it for me So I will give my deets on it

darylbeth
Old 07-11-2004, 09:22 PM
Total Fan

I had no idea that this show even existed until I saw previews tonight, but it looks interesting so I watched it. Very intriguing. There is somethign that draws me to each of the returnees and I am itching to find out what happened to them, and how their powers are going to develop. Like what is up with Lily's baby, and what Shawn's abilities encompass...
Old 07-11-2004, 10:13 PM
Extreme Fan

I really liked it. I'm glad that i wasn't disappointed by it. I'm also intrigued by the returnees. They each seem to have something special about them, whether its good or bad we don't know. I'm interested on how all the stories will turn out. I also can't but help feel sorry for all of them. Just think of how out of place they all must feel, and how weird it must be.
Old 07-12-2004, 05:42 PM
Master Fan

I watched last night. It had a good beginning. Coming back like that would be horrible. I feel sorry for them as well. So I wonder what this is all leading up to? I'm anxious to see whats going on and what happened to them. Why some of them appear to have special powers now. I hope it has a good ending and not something that is left undone or unknown. I want answers now!
Old 07-12-2004, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

This show has a marvelous premise. I didn't get to watch all of it last night, but I did enjoy the first half or so I saw.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:39 PM
Master Fan

First off I want to say that that was the best thing I've ever seen on TV. Seriously. From start to finish of the pilot I was basicly glued to the screen. It felt so real, as if those people really did disappear and come back with everything changed.

I felt so bad for Lily, I understand her husband moving on after awhile, but damn not even letting her child know who her real mother is? That was mean, and adding with the restraining order. Harsh. I knew they were going to put Richard and Lily into a storyline together, and I'm so excited about that. Both are in the same position, the ones they loved and were to spend the rest of their lives with moved on or is dead.

Orson, I feel so bad for him, poor guy loses his business and his wife and has all these freaky powers that he can't control, I would be going crazy.

I'm really liking the Shawn story too, since it fits in with Tom and all of that. I was although hoping Shawn like touching Kyle and Kyle waking up, but I guess that will be stringed longer. Is it just me or does Nikki seem to be like in love with him..??

Overall I give this episode a 8/5 rating! It was absolutley wonderful! Amazing script, directing and the casting for each role was done wonderfully. I'm already dying for the next episode!

darylbeth
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top