Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2017, 07:01 PM
Moderator Support Team
red devil

^ Yeah, I agree w/ you that it can save someone's life.. I have see lot of people comment about the show and some of them went through, but it really helpful for them since it's very important for people who shouldn't be afraid to talk about rape or suicide or self-harming or depression and so much more..
and i'm f a l l i n g to the g r o u n d...

Steph/credit: Si_Crazy
fly me to the moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Of course the subject matter is important, I dont think anyone is saying its not. And its a good message to give teens especially, that you should watch what you say and what you do to people and by NOT doing anything you could be hurting someone too. But in Jade's defense I think what she meant by the fanfic comment is just that sometimes things are over-dramatized or writes in a cheesey way. I can understand what she meant by that.

With that said I still really love the series and I find it really impactful. It makes me so sad watching it and i feel so bad for a lot of the characters. And Clay imo is a fantastic protagonist because i think he is really relatable and you can understand many things that he did.

105:

The dream at the beginning was so awful. I felt like that maybe was a bit much for them to throw in there.

The Clay/Justin scene was hawtttt. (the actors okay, not the characters...) Too bad Justin is such a jerk! I liked when he stood up to the Montgomery guy for calling Hannah a lesbian but that was really the only decent moment he had. When the guys threatened Clay in the car, ugh I hate them. And I hate that Alex is acting this way because I had higher hopes for his character in the beginning....

I agree that the picture of Courtney/Hannah was very obviously them, so its weird that they tried to write it that people couldn’t tell… and that almost makes it worse, that most people didnt even know.... because then why did Courtney care so much? I dont see why she had to cut Hannah out. And spread all those lies. And her dads are gay so it feels weird to me that she would be so scared to come out, usually the parents are the ones you care most about finding out? I was with clay on that. She just took things too far so its hard to have a lot of sympathy for her, even if she was scared of coming out.

My heart hurts for Hannah. Why does she get all this **** piled on honestly, its hard to watch. These kids are so awful to her. I'm starting to understand and sympathize more with why she felt she had to end her life.

Tyler is a perv, that is true, but what I’ve heard about the rapes and stuff coming up, surely he can’t be the worst kid of the bunch?

Tony is so adorable. I love Jeff too he’s so cute. It was SO DAMN CUTE that Hannah got the mix tape idea from Tony. And see, there was someone else she could have talked to.

The show just makes me sad because Hannah and Clay are so cute and their scenes are so great and knowing she’s dead just… It hurts. I mean wasn’t it obvious to her that he was like the only genuine person that actually cared about her and wanted to be around her? How did she not see that? At the same time I just desperately wanted him to stand up for her a bit more. Damn that dance scene I wanted him to kiss her so bad. UGH AND THE ENDING SCENE WHEN HE LISTENED TO THE SONG AND THEN FINALLY TOOK A SHOWER AND CRIED. My heart. I feel so awful for Clay because he's really taking this hard and blaming himself for not making his feelings more obvious, and now its too late.

I’m interested to hear Clay’s freaking tape. And why the heck he’s even on it. because right now hes just so pure.
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:48 PM
Moderator Support Team

It is a really important subject matter and could definitely save someone's life as well as give everyone a little more perspective on what others are going through.

i love Clay as a protagonist. He's the nice kid at school who is just kind of in the background since he is quiet and doesn't draw attention to himself. I love watching the show from his perspective.
lizzybug57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 02:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by baelfire24 (View Post)
Really, you think this subject matter is "terrible fan fiction"

One of my classmates died from suicide when I was in 8th grade, so don't call it 'terrible fanfiction'.

This show could save somebody's life.
I can call the show whatever I want. You missed the whole context of my posts. Your classmate has nothing to do with my post. I'd already previously stated I've been through this and the tv show made it unrealistic. At no point did I say suicide wasn't an important theme or push suicide aside. An episode of OUAT could be awful, doesn't mean i think fantasy genre is rubbish, so why should mental health be?

Did you notice I never mentioned the book only the TV Show adaptation? I said the show watches/reads as terrible fan fiction, because it has nothing on the book. The writing in the show was awful and so was the acting choices. as I've already previously stated and some agreed, Hannah was way too outspoken. She was meant to be a little more reserved.

EDIT: And once again, I agree with Alexa Your posts speak my mind. The TV Show was still an entertaining watch, I enjoyed it. I mean i finished it within a day it was that gripping.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:42 AM
Elite Fan

I understand why jade was trying to say that she found it to over the top which it kind of get at times but teen shows do tend to be I try not to let it bother me. Right now I am not at the traumatic event so I can't say if she is to care free.Right now the small events of 1-3 so that she keeps losing her support system like Alex is guilty for causing her to lose Jess

A happy beginning now is ours
fox24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 10:05 AM
Moderator Support Team
red devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
Your classmate has nothing to do with my post. .
Honestly, this sound insensitive to me since you have to be careful on how you word on the internet when you act like it's not important for her to mention like it's nothing to close to suicide or had one.. However, that poster mention the show are actually showing the important issues that made that poster realize about it... Just let you know that you have to be careful on when people know someone went through w/ any kind of serious issue like that.. Put my 2 cents in here..

Old 04-06-2017, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ and you missed my two posts where I said I'd been through it (before baelfire misread my post and said she had too). I haven't been insensitive over the 'issue' of mental illness. The whole point of this debate you two are starting is being taken out of context. I'd already said I've been through it and that I never said anything against mental illness. Now because someone else has said they've been through it, that part of my post is being ignored? No. Not that it's in anyway relevant, but I was almost successful in my attempt so why would I disregard it? I wouldn't because I already said before that post was quoted I'd been through it. Truth is a lot of people have been through it or seen it. But the debate you two are creating is irrelevant for one reason alone, I never said mental health was irrelevant and that's what you're accusing me of. If you're still unhappy with the fact I've been through this myself or that you both misread my post, I think a moderator should come in here and clear it up for us.

EDIT: I'd just like to add I never meant the act of her classmate was irrelevant. I meant it was irrelevant information because the post was misread. Also, two additional members have also helped explain my post since too. I've PM a moderator so let's get back on topic of the tv show and not have debates on something that never happened

Last edited by sourburst; 04-06-2017 at 03:05 PM
sourburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 05:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Ian Somerhalder

I finished it. I've never read the books so I went into this w/no previous info. I'd also like a 2nd season as I'd like to get answers to some of the cliffhangers:

Spoiler:

Most of the characters were pretty awful but I started to sort of give some of them a bit of leeway since they also were going through their own traumas. Like Justin's home life was terrible & obviously what happened to Jessica was leading her to act out. Zach was sort of nice. & Tyler was being bullied.

The only one really I saw no redemption for was Bryce. What a gross character. & what's sad is that he'll probably never get punished.

Also I found it a bit meanspirited of Hannah to leave these tapes sort of blaming these kids for her decision. Like I get that that's how she felt but in the end it was her choice.

Spoiler:
tragedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 05:52 PM
Elite Fan

I think we should move on. I agree just because you don't like the way a show portrays a certain issue doesn't mean you don't care about the issue. Like I didn't like the way Gossip girl glossed over Blair eating disorder

I definetly do view Alex, justin, and Jessica to have shades of grey cause they do feel remorse and are going their own traumas. Bryce based on what I read is the pure evil one

A happy beginning now is ours
fox24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 06:02 PM
Moderator Support Team
red devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragedy (View Post)
I finished it. I've never read the books so I went into this w/no previous info. I'd also like a 2nd season as I'd like to get answers to some of the cliffhangers:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Old 04-06-2017, 06:10 PM
Master Fan

Spoiler:

ic: jessicajay22 LJ

Last edited by baelfire24; 04-06-2017 at 06:18 PM
baelfire24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:37 PM
Moderator Support Team

Cliffhanger endings always leave much to be answered! I hope we get our answers. Also, totally agree that Bryce is just a terrible character who doesn't seem to show any remorse.

As far as the previous discussions, let's stay focused on the show. After reading the posts, I believe people's posts were taken out context and it wasn't intended to upset anyone or cause any friction or issues in the thread or to disregard the seriousness of mental illness. When facing hard issues in life, everyone reacts differently so please respect one another. Please stay focused on discussing the show moving forward.

lizzybug57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragedy (View Post)

Spoiler:

Most of the characters were pretty awful but I started to sort of give some of them a bit of leeway since they also were going through their own traumas. Like Justin's home life was terrible & obviously what happened to Jessica was leading her to act out. Zach was sort of nice. & Tyler was being bullied.

The only one really I saw no redemption for was Bryce. What a gross character. & what's sad is that he'll probably never get punished.

Also I found it a bit meanspirited of Hannah to leave these tapes sort of blaming these kids for her decision. Like I get that that's how she felt but in the end it was her choice.

Spoiler:
When he parents found her that was the hardest bit to watch for me. My boyfriend hasn't seen the show, he watched the last episode with me though and he almost cried. And that's without having any context of the previous 12 episodes. I was just thinking, if that was my child I'd be so distraught. You can feel their pain. She was such a pretty and bright girl.
Old 04-07-2017, 03:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Im dreading getting to that scene. i couldnt watch an episode tonight because I just didnt want to feel bad. I've cried liked every night over this show. It's really sad to watch. I keep having to remind myself that Hannah is fictional.

I think her leaving the tapes was a bit harsh but she wanted to get out her truth and I think its kind of cool that she left them for people to ponder over. Its part of why its so sad and like was said in an earlier episode by Tony, that was probably the point... to get people to think about her after she was gone. So that they couldn't just forget about her after her death, but that they would think about their actions and try to be better. Also to explain herself. It's a different way of leaving a "letter" for people....
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 04:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it's smart that they left the footage until the end. I mean we all know she's dead because that's the premise of the show, but I like how they left it until the last moments, because then when you go back to episode one it loops around because it starts after her death. I'm currently watching it for a second time so that my boyfriend can see it too. And the second time around it just fits so nicely.

The tapes was a harsh thing to do, but it gave meaning to her death.
Reply   Post New Thread