Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2018, 01:29 PM
  #121
Fan Forum Hero

 
fox24's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 51,622
I felt Zach is not friends with Bryce anymore. Like the last between them was disbelief and kind of sarcastic. Like he couldn't believe Bryce would be able to go to private school and have the world lightest sentence
__________________
I get knock down but I get up again
Never going to bring me down
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 10:47 PM
  #122
Fan Forum Star

 
Alexa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 131,015
even that was annoying to me though, like dont even speak to him. I wouldnt give him the time of day.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:57 AM
  #123
Fan Forum Star

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 148,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
For me my top five were:

1. 2x12 - Felt like the true finale to me. A lot went down. Loved the different dynamics.
2. 2x09 - I loved this one because it was emotional. It was focused on the Porter side which I loved.
3. 2x13 - A bit jumbled but still a heck of a lot happened and a lot came to its conclusion. Excited for next season.
4. 2x05 - This is the first episode the season really started to pick up for me and i liked the plots they were introducing.
5. 2x10 - Lots revealed in this one too and picking up steam for the finale.

The second half was a lot stronger imo than the first half. 206, 211, 208, and 203 were in the middle for me. some good stuff in there and i loved the friendship moments a lot between the boys. The worst episodes for me were 207, 204, 202 and 201 because it was sort of a slow start getting into things.
Okay, 2.09 and 2.10 were my favourites so far (got 3 episodes to go)
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 07:31 PM
  #124
Fan Forum Hero

 
fox24's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 51,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
even that was annoying to me though, like dont even speak to him. I wouldnt give him the time of day.
Well Bryce mostly did the talking and Zach mostly reacted by how bizarre everything was
Well it's not like he and Bryce made plans to go to the movies. I took that scene more as a way to show the audience that Bryce still gets away with things cause of privelege
__________________
I get knock down but I get up again
Never going to bring me down
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 07:35 PM
  #125
Master Fan

 
Maiden of Might's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 21,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
They could have killed him at any point during that scene. Bashing his head into the mirror and sink was bad enough, it looked really violent. At this point I think Monty is even worse than Bryce just due the horrible violent nature of it. He is a rapist too. The mop thing, that was just.. wow, that put it over the edge. As you said, there was a lot of internal damage and ramming something like that into a person at that force with the bluntness, I cant imagine how painful that was. Not to mention that something like that for a male to go through is probably going to bring on a lot of shame. Who wants to admit that happened to them? And we know Monty is abused badly at home, which is really sad but it does explain a lot about his character.
Yes, the bashing itself could have ended in Tyler’s death. Painfully violent. Also, I agree that Monty’s act of cruelty was even worse than Bryce’s. In rl though, I think if there was a slim chance of genuine reformation (through a great deal of therapy), Monty would probably be the one to feel some kind of remorse for what he had done. His frame of mind during the attack was that Tyler had ruined the best thing he had going in his life. Monty worked himself up into a fury, seeking vengeance for what he believed had been taken from him. And he committed a heinous crime -for which he will hopefully receive a very serious consequence. On the other hand, Bryce’s acts of sexual violence came from a place of entitlement. He enjoyed manipulating, dominating, and humiliating those girls -as well as the thrill of being able to get away with it. Bryce seems like a psychopath. And there is no cure for that. It is who he will always be at his core. I guess what I’m trying to say is that I believe Monty acted through emotions that had escalated waaaayyyy out of control whereas Bryce acted from who he is as a person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I agree. They might go back down the suicide route next season to tie it back into Hannah's tapes. I dont see Tyler as a shooter either but after something like that, mean, I understand his pain. I am not saying its okay EVER to shoot people, I'm surprised he didnt just go after Monty and the other guys, but I can understand how hurt he is because hes been dragged through the mud all season.

The fact alone he was ABLE to be talked down though I think says a lot about him as a character and that he still does have some sort of empathy inside him because shooters IRL would have just shot clay and moved on.
Yeah, I think that was the intent of the writing -to show how a person can be pushed to that level of violence. While I can somewhat understand how in the midst of unbearable pain and humiliation a person may for a fleeting moment contemplate hurting others, my brain just can’t make peace with the idea of how someone, anyone with a conscience (no matter what the circumstances) could so coldly gun down random humans like that.

And I agree that Tyler has the capacity to feel empathy. And yeah in rl, run and hide, for sure, or you'll get shot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
I haven't seen the scene I am at the episode of 13. It's sad because Tyler is in a good place before it happens. Luckily I will skip it.I am glad Tyler will be talked down but I don't like the message sexual assault and bullying can lead to a school shooting that's not true in rl
Yes, it makes it seem like the victim can be more ruthless, heartless, and brutal than their bullies, that these victims of bullying have it in them to commit acts of violence that surpass that of their tormentors in degree of evil. I don’t like that message either, especially since in rl, a lot of school shootings are well-planned in advance and are calculated with a clear mind. When the Columbine shootings happened, false reports about the motives of the shooters (that they had been victims of bullying) had begun to surface, and the media just went into a frenzy with that. Those stories have since been debunked -for about a decade or so now. But apparently the myth still lives on.
Maiden of Might is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 07:45 PM
  #126
Fan Forum Hero

 
fox24's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2005
Posts: 51,622
I remember in middle school when it happend a lot of school didn't like that they said it was because the shooters were goth. Ironically a lot of shooters can be like Bryce or Monty the last shooter did it cause a girl rejected him
__________________
I get knock down but I get up again
Never going to bring me down
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:57 PM
  #127
Fan Forum Star

 
Alexa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 131,015
I see what you are saying. But from the same side, Monty's acts were just so violent. IDK... bryce and monty are both disgusting and vile and need to be in jail for a long time.

The whole tyler shooting thing was dumb too because everyone THOUGHT it was going in that direction all season with cyrus, and instead, at the end of 12 he goes to a rehabilitation center and actually seems to be doing better. I liked that ending instead of the one that everyone was expecting. SO for him to come back and actually have go through with the shooting.... that was a bit disappointing. I think it would have made more sense for cyrus to find all of tylers guns and then plan the shooting himself or something. And just as a character they could have made cyrus a lot more wooden and calculated like actual RL killers are.And I agree that he didnt have to be "goth" just to fit the stereotype.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 02:30 AM
  #128
Fan Forum Star

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 148,634
Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
Well Bryce mostly did the talking and Zach mostly reacted by how bizarre everything was
Well it's not like he and Bryce made plans to go to the movies. I took that scene more as a way to show the audience that Bryce still gets away with things cause of privelege
That sadly happens way too much in this day and age.
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:09 PM
  #129
Master Fan

 
Maiden of Might's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 21,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
I remember in middle school when it happend a lot of school didn't like that they said it was because the shooters were goth. Ironically a lot of shooters can be like Bryce or Monty the last shooter did it cause a girl rejected him
Yes, Monty and Bryce fit the profile of a school shooter better than Tyler does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I see what you are saying. But from the same side, Monty's acts were just so violent. IDK... bryce and monty are both disgusting and vile and need to be in jail for a long time.

The whole tyler shooting thing was dumb too because everyone THOUGHT it was going in that direction all season with cyrus, and instead, at the end of 12 he goes to a rehabilitation center and actually seems to be doing better. I liked that ending instead of the one that everyone was expecting. SO for him to come back and actually have go through with the shooting.... that was a bit disappointing. I think it would have made more sense for cyrus to find all of tylers guns and then plan the shooting himself or something. And just as a character they could have made cyrus a lot more wooden and calculated like actual RL killers are.And I agree that he didnt have to be "goth" just to fit the stereotype.
Oh, I absolutely agree! I have zero sympathy for Monty and Bryce. All of my compassion goes out to their victims.

Yeah watching Tyler try to mend relationships and implement the tools he’d learned at the rehabilitation center and watching it all fail was heartbreaking. Also, with Cyrus, I think he was meant to be exposed as a “poser,” a kid who was still trying to figure out who he was, going through a phase.
__________________
Miros 🍧
Maiden of Might is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 07:23 PM
  #130
Fan Forum Star

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 148,634
I haven't watched those episodes yet, but Monty or Bryce definitely could have been interesting to see.
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread

Bookmarks


Forum Affiliates
Agents of GUARD, FYeah Harvey and Scottie
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:17 AM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2018.

Copyright © 1998-2018, Fan Forum.