Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2018, 01:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm not sure whether I would have watched the show as an teen actually, especially since the show makes you feel uncomfortable at times too.
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 01:15 PM
Elite Fan

Episode 10, here I come.
Old 06-08-2018, 01:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
OMG THE SCENE WITH MONTY AND TYLER. I can’t. That was the most horrible scene ever, I understand why everyone was talking about it and saying how graphic it was. That is the worst thing I’ve ever seen on tv in a while, I legit cried. He didn’t deserve that. Monty is the biggest piece of trash EVER, I cant believe he did that.

The ending montage, wow, that was intense. I liked seeing everyone at the dance and poor Clay hearing the song of Hannah’s. Then everything with Tyler. Good for Clay being able to talk Tyler off the ledge, but now he has the freaking gun in his hand. This show. I CANT DEAL WITH THIS.
I thought they were going to kill Tyler due to internal damage. I was completely unprepared for that scene. Wish I had been spoiled; that way I could have fast-forwarded through it, like I’d done with all the other rape scenes. I had assumed they were just going to give him a hardcore beat down, which would have been stomach turning as well, but man they took it to another level. A lot of Tyler’s scenes throughout S2 made me cringe uncomfortably. In rl, I could see a person like him committing suicide rather than planning to indiscriminately shoot kids. According to research, school shooters in general have a sadistic streak, have no regard for others, and have no capacity for empathy or remorse. That’s not how Tyler came off to me.

That group hug scene at the dance with Hannah's song playing in the background got to me. It was so nice seeing the teens support Clay and each other. Also, that ending with the gun in Clay's hand as the police sirens drew in closer did seem like a cliffhanger to a future season, at least to me.
Tech Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 10:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

They could have killed him at any point during that scene. Bashing his head into the mirror and sink was bad enough, it looked really violent. At this point I think Monty is even worse than Bryce just due the horrible violent nature of it. He is a rapist too. The mop thing, that was just.. wow, that put it over the edge. As you said, there was a lot of internal damage and ramming something like that into a person at that force with the bluntness, I cant imagine how painful that was. Not to mention that something like that for a male to go through is probably going to bring on a lot of shame. Who wants to admit that happened to them? And we know Monty is abused badly at home, which is really sad but it does explain a lot about his character.

Quote:
According to research, school shooters in general have a sadistic streak, have no regard for others, and have no capacity for empathy or remorse. That’s not how Tyler came off to me.
I agree. They might go back down the suicide route next season to tie it back into Hannah's tapes. I dont see Tyler as a shooter either but after something like that, mean, I understand his pain. I am not saying its okay EVER to shoot people, I'm surprised he didnt just go after Monty and the other guys, but I can understand how hurt he is because hes been dragged through the mud all season.

The fact alone he was ABLE to be talked down though I think says a lot about him as a character and that he still does have some sort of empathy inside him because shooters IRL would have just shot clay and moved on.

There were a lot of points in the season that seemed like good cliffhanger endings for the show. I actually thought episode 12 felt more like a finale in some ways and episode 13 kinda felt like an extra tacked on episode to fill gaps. But they could have started season 3 with all the stuff that happened in 213, maybe even focused a bit more of the Bryce trial at the same time as what is going on with Justin and also Tyler.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesophia (View Post)
Episode 10, here I come.
I'm up to episode 8 now
Old 06-10-2018, 12:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

im glad to be done, this show is pretty heavy.
Old 06-10-2018, 01:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
im glad to be done, this show is pretty heavy.
What was your favourite episode of the season?
Old 06-10-2018, 02:09 AM
Elite Fan

Episode 10:

- So Bryce raped his own girlfriend!!!! Can't say I'm shocked. I haven't read spoilers but I'll bet Clay will go tell Chloe, she will refuse to believe it until the end of the episode....am I correct?

- Tyler is gonna snap real soon!

- Zach was the one with secret polaroids, I'm glad he did that, I'm glad he admitted being a coward, I love the guy, you can tell he's struggling.

- I like Clay/Justin teaming up.

- Tony: Why so violent????

- Liked the scene with Liv/Tony.

- Jackie is gone: THANK LORD! she was useless and annoying.
Old 06-10-2018, 02:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Sounds like a lot happens in episode 10.
Old 06-10-2018, 03:02 AM
Elite Fan

I can't wait to watch episode 11.
Old 06-10-2018, 03:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay, I will probably episode 10 tomorrow
Old 06-10-2018, 05:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden of Might (View Post)
I thought they were going to kill Tyler due to internal damage. I was completely unprepared for that scene. Wish I had been spoiled; that way I could have fast-forwarded through it, like I’d done with all the other rape scenes. I had assumed they were just going to give him a hardcore beat down, which would have been stomach turning as well, but man they took it to another level. A lot of Tyler’s scenes throughout S2 made me cringe uncomfortably. In rl, I could see a person like him committing suicide rather than planning to indiscriminately shoot kids. According to research, school shooters in general have a sadistic streak, have no regard for others, and have no capacity for empathy or remorse. That’s not how Tyler came off to me.

That group hug scene at the dance with Hannah's song playing in the background got to me. It was so nice seeing the teens support Clay and each other. Also, that ending with the gun in Clay's hand as the police sirens drew in closer did seem like a cliffhanger to a future season, at least to me.
I haven't seen the scene I am at the episode of 13. It's sad because Tyler is in a good place before it happens. Luckily I will skip it.I am glad Tyler will be talked down but I don't like the message sexual assault and bullying can lead to a school shooting that's not true in rl
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
I probably have a couple. I like episode 5 because there's funny Justin/Clay & Justin/Tony. Plus I liked the Ryan/Hannah flashbacks & episode 12 because more Justin/Clay bonding (is it obvious I love them) and we get some back story of Justin/Bryce (helped understand why Justin was friends with him) plus good cliff hanger.

Quote:

Also, why did they have to go back down the Justin/Jessica route? I think they can be friends again but I didnt want to see a romantic relationship again. I think that Jessica deserves better than that tbh. And her dating Alex and then sleeping with Justin at the dance was pretty awful for her to do.
I can't help it but I like Justin/Jessica I know what he did but I just can't help but feel that he redeemed himself in S2 by doing everything he could to make it up to her AND he was willing to go to jail. I don't get what she's doing to Alex though. B/c I think it was kinda obvious the whole time she wasn't over Justin. So poor Alex is totally gonna be hurt (although I'm secretly hoping he won't care b/c he's in love w/Zach .) She should've just told him they could go to the dance as friends b/c now he thinks they're together. This is definitely one of those things I need to know what happens in S3.

Last edited by tragedy; 06-10-2018 at 11:59 AM
tragedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I do kind of like Jessica and justin but feel bad for Alex. I actually like the last two episode minus the Tyler scene which I skipped. I felt clay was back to his old self and had good closure and I loving the clay/justin friendship. Like Zach said I am baffled justin got more time than Bryce but it shows how unfair privilege is. I do admit the 8 year old bryce and justin flashback was cute but I guess I could kind of see some of Bryce manipulated and entitled behavior as a child
fox24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 06:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

- Zach was the one with secret polaroids, I'm glad he did that, I'm glad he admitted being a coward, I love the guy, you can tell he's struggling.
I just dont like zach as much as everyone else does and dont think he really deserves the praise. I love ross a lot and I especially love the alex/zach dynamic but I think that zach has been a huge coward since the start of the show. Never sticking up for hannah, not ditching his friends etc. And he still talks to Bryce as if he they are friends, its sick to me.

Quote:

- Jackie is gone: THANK LORD! she was useless and annoying.
I didnt understand the point of her SL at all? They didnt even mention her in the finale, like wtf. Why was she even there to begin with? I dont get it.

Quote:
I can't help it but I like Justin/Jessica I know what he did but I just can't help but feel that he redeemed himself in S2 by doing everything he could to make it up to her AND he was willing to go to jail. I don't get what she's doing to Alex though. B/c I think it was kinda obvious the whole time she wasn't over Justin. So poor Alex is totally gonna be hurt (although I'm secretly hoping he won't care b/c he's in love w/Zach .) She should've just told him they could go to the dance as friends b/c now he thinks they're together. This is definitely one of those things I need to know what happens in S3.
I think they have chemistry and I LOVE Justin a lot, he had some amazing growth. HE came forward, he was willing to go to jail for her, etc. He definitely redeemed himself, yes. But iDK. he still saw the rape and did nothing. He pretended it didnt happen. He continued to be friends with Bryce... idk, it was just icky and i just couldnt forgive him for that if i were her, personally.

I agree with the alex/zach thing though, i really want it to go that route next season. at the very least, make alex bi.

Quote:
For me my top five were:

1. 2x12 - Felt like the true finale to me. A lot went down. Loved the different dynamics.
2. 2x09 - I loved this one because it was emotional. It was focused on the Porter side which I loved.
3. 2x13 - A bit jumbled but still a heck of a lot happened and a lot came to its conclusion. Excited for next season.
4. 2x05 - This is the first episode the season really started to pick up for me and i liked the plots they were introducing.
5. 2x10 - Lots revealed in this one too and picking up steam for the finale.

The second half was a lot stronger imo than the first half. 206, 211, 208, and 203 were in the middle for me. some good stuff in there and i loved the friendship moments a lot between the boys. The worst episodes for me were 207, 204, 202 and 201 because it was sort of a slow start getting into things.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top