Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2005, 02:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Under 1 month to go it's going to be so awesome
Old 02-10-2005, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Classics, Classics, Classics!

Paramount also has plans to release The Brady Bunch starting in 2005, with ambitious plans to fast-track it, too, and get as far as the 3rd season by late August and perhaps a 4th season in time for Thanksgiving. Lots of us have been wondering where this show was, and it's good to know that we'll be seeing a lot of Marcia, Marcia, Marcia in 2005.

So all 4 seasons are coming out this year
Old 02-15-2005, 11:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My dvds are in the mail they sent it off early
Old 02-16-2005, 10:57 PM
Elite Fan

I love the Bradys. The original show, the E! True Hollywood Story, the movies, and Growing Up Brady, which I caught on TV during the world premiere. I wish I had it on tape... and I'm very excited about the show on DVD.
barbeegurl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

DVD Info.

Brady Bunch Season One

The basics of the boxed set: This four-disc collection contains the twenty-five episodes from the first season of The Brady Bunch, which aired in the 1969-1970 television season. The episodes are uncut in the order they first appeared on television. An opening tag of the Bradys on the staircase with the words "In-Color" also appears just before the opening theme. This was very important at the time as most shows to this point had been airing in black/white (this clip had been lost through the years of editing). For fans that have only seen the show in reruns the uncut versions are truly a treat. Both TBS and Nickelodeon/TVLand cut the shows in different ways over the years, so fans can now truly see all of the story.

Additionally, there is a 20-minute documentary entitled "Coming Together Under One Roof" (included on the fourth disc) which for Brady fans contains nothing really new. It covers how the show came about, stories of how the cast was picked, etc. But, who knows, you might pick up something new, and its always fun to see cast members as they appear today. For new viewers this could be an interesting piece on the history of the show. (Sherwood Schwartz, Barry Williams, Christopher Knight, Mike Lookinland, Susan Olsen and author/fan Lauren Johnson are interviewed for the piece.)

The coolest part of the package is the outer box itself. The still pictures you have seen on the internet do not do it justice. The 3x3 squares of the cast is actually a hologram type picture that when you move the box from side to side the cast moves and looks about the squares as they do in the opening credits. Then there are two inner disc jackets, one with a blue cover, the other yellow and the opposite color when you open them up (also within each case is a famous one-liner from the show and the cast seen on the staircase). Each case contains 5-pictures; most are scenes from first season episodes. Each jacket contains two discs, again with season one photos. The back of the disc cases contain episode descriptions and airdates for each episode. (See our episode guide for this information as well, though our episode guide lists the episodes in order of production, not airdate.)

Along with the documentary extra, three episodes within the collection are offered with overdubbed commentary. Each episode can be seen with or without the commentary. (Tip: To access the commentary you must specifically pick that episode and turn the commentary on first. If you are watching all of the episodes, the commentary feature is not available.) "The Honeymoon" features commentary by Sherwood Schwartz. He again talks about the concept of the show, his opinion of each cast member, both personally and professionally. He also talks, in great detail, about the troubles of shooting with animals, specifically cats. In the scene where Bobby and Mike talk about his mother, you hope Sherwood will reveal her identity, but he doesn't, she remains a mystery. This is a rather serious piece compared to the other two commentary features. "The Hero" and "A Camping We Will Go" are offered with commentary by Barry, Chris and Susan. First thing that came to mind when I saw this was "Mystery Science Theatre". All that was missing were little silhouettes of the cast at the bottom of the screen. The jokes, criticism and stories keep the viewers' interested and laughing. Barry, Chris and Susan make funny jokes about the show; tell us about what might have been going on behind the scenes at the time of filming, along with side notes about their own personal lives, etc.

Brady World would recommend this collection, and looks forward to Seasons 2-5. We would recommend for future Season Extras that the producers cover bloopers, inconsistencies within the shows and most of all tap into the large fan base and find out from them, why this show is loved by millions and has been for thirty-five years. Anyone who enjoys family shows and wants to remember a piece of their own childhood should buy this set and all future releases.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disc 1
The Honeymoon
(2nd Version with Commentary by Sherwood Schwartz)
Dear Libby
Eenie, Meenie, Mommy, Daddy
Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore
Katchoo
A Clubhouse Is Not A Home
Kitty Karry All is Missing

Disc 2
A Camping We Will Go
(2nd Version with Commentary by Barry, Chris & Susan)
Sorry Right Number
Every Boy Does It Once
Vote for Brady
The Voice of Christmas
Is There a Doctor in the House

Disc 3
Father of the Year
54-40 and Fight
Mike's Horrorscope
The Undergraduate
Tiger, Tiger
The Big Sprain

Disc 4
Brace Yourself
The Hero
(2nd Version with Commentary by Barry, Chris & Susan)
The Possible Dream
To Move or Not to Move
The Grass is Always Greener
Lost Locket, Found Locket

--------

thanks to http://www.bradyworld.com/
Old 02-22-2005, 12:19 AM
Banned

Thanks for the info Kelly!

Right now, the only Dvd I am really hoping to get is Lois and Clark: The new adventures of Superman. I wish I could get the Brady Bunch as well but right now I have to focus on one dvd at a time.
Subject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 12:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

No worries

Brady Bunch, The - The Complete 1st Season Review

Rating

Video: 7/10
Audio: 6/10
Extras: 3/10

Here's the story of a lovely DVD set
by Tyler Hill (All reviews) 2/28/2005

There are very few television shows that have any staying power like the Brady Bunch. A television show that centered on the complicated lives of two parents getting married bringing with them each three kids from previous marriages. The hilarity ensues as the Brady household is quickly filled with six kids, a housekeeper, and a dog. The series avoided the common mistake of using current references and issues and stuck to the ageless problems encountered by growing kids. This formula gave the Brady Bunch a timeless quality that holds up today and makes for very wholesome family entertainment. The Brady Bunch may have only aired for five seasons, but it became the subject of countless spin-offs, parodies and look-a-likes. Many adults have fond memories of growing up with the Brady Bunch, and it is referenced continually in pop culture, giving it a special place in television history.

Paramount Television Collection continues their catalog releases with the popular Brady Bunch, but this time they have included a welcome change with the addition of a couple of extras. A featurette, as well as three episodes containing commentaries, are bonus features found on this set. All 25 first season episodes are included in this set and clock in at about 10 hours and 52 minutes according to the box. A common inclusion to all the Paramount Television releases recently, are multiple promos for various other sets. The promos are for Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, Mork & Mindy and MacGyver. Each promo has a chapter index at the beginning to facilitate jumping to the main menu. The main menu itself is a static screen with a very colorful style common to the late '60s. The selection icon tends to get lost in the background on the main menu until you begin to navigate.

Packaging:
The set comes in a box with the 9-panel opening of the show recreated with a lenticular cover on the front. The lenticular cover is a neat touch that works quite well in good light. Inside the box are two slim cases each containing two single sided discs. The episode descriptions and original airdates for both discs are found on the back of each slim case. The artwork is full of screen captures and wonderful moments from the series, and the disc silk screens are very colorful and feature two of each characters' from the show.

Video

I would have to say overall the set looks great, except several scenes that appear soft and occasionally water marked. These scenes might have been a necessity if the original had been damaged, and the replacement footage was of a better quality. You will notice the change in visual quality as my wife did while we watched the set together. The series maintains the color and crispness that was intended when the show was originally shot. This set lost a point based on the flawed scenes, which is an unfortunate result of not placing enough importance on the archival process for future replication. We are in the golden era of catalog reissues, and we can't expect everything to be perfect but overall I was very pleased with the look The result is probably the best they could deliver without expensive restoration. There are chapters after the opening of the episode, and the discs contain a "play all" feature.

Audio

This set only comes with a mono track. Without spending a fortune on mixing new audio tracks, there isn't much that can be done to improve the original audio. Although it may be mono, the audio is clear and easy to hear. I usually tend to listen to mono track at a higher volume than stereo or 5.1 mixed DVDs. There are closed captions on the episodes.

Extras - How we rate extras

Commentary Tracks
Creator/Producer Sherwood Schwartz provides commentary on the first episode entitled "The Wedding." His commentary lacks in any extensive detail with regards to this episode, and he tends to repeat things mentioned in the featurette. Sherwood Schwartz sticks to what he knows and talks about producing a series.

The commentary tracks on episode 8 "a-Camping We Will Go" and episode 21 "The Hero" are provided by Barry Williams (Greg), Christopher Knight (Peter) and Susan Olsen (Cindy). These commentary tracks make up for the first one with the enthusiasm and energy of the three actors. The actors reminisce about everything from the costumes and props, to inside details about certain scenes and neat little tidbits of information about the episodes. These commentaries are well worth listening to for an inside perspective on the creation of the show and its impact on the actors.

The Brady Bunch - Coming Together Under One Roof (17:29)
This is a 17 1/2 minute featurette that gives a broad perspective of the show and its creation. It provides a good intro to the series and is a welcome addition to this set for younger viewers and new viewers to the series. I look forward to seeing whether there was more material shot during the interviews that we will see on the next season sets.

Summary

This set looks good, and any fan would be happy to start a collection of this series with this set. The addition of some simple extras is a welcome one, and the commentary tracks by the actors are entertaining and worth listening to. I hope the three Brady kids continue with more commentaries on the following season sets, as I was not only learning new things about the show, but also laughing at some of the comments made about the simplest things. The featurette was only 17 minutes, and I would have liked it to be longer. It was included on the fourth disc and space might have been the reason for the short length. The lenticular cover is well done and adds some flash to the collection. Not having seen The Brady Bunch since my childhood, I was surprised by the fun I had watching the show. On a couple of episodes I found myself laughing out loud as the acting by the kids fit the scene beautifully. A wonderful series with a lasting impact on pop culture just found a home on my shelf, and hopefully it will find a home on yours.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I got my set on Friday in my mail I already watch it, but 1 extra to go

It rocks.
Old 04-29-2005, 07:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Brady Bunch, The - 2nd Year Cover Art, Final Release Date, & More!
Posted by David Lambert
4/27/2005

The Bradys are back in The Brady Bunch - The Complete 2nd Season! The phenomenal legacy of everyone's favorite TV family continues with this collectible 4-disc set featuring all 24 hilarious and heartwarming episodes from the hit show's second season. Re-live some of the greatest moments from the series TVLand calls "one of the most beloved and talked-about programs in television history." From Greg becoming a hippie, to Jan's wigged-out experience with black hair, to Peter enlisting in the Sunflower Girls, this laugh-packed collection contains must-have, far-out fun for every Brady fan! Follow the comic adventures of Mike, Carol, Greg, Marcia, Peter, Jan, Bobby and Cindy in The Brady Bunch - The Complete 2nd Season, ready to own on DVD from Paramount beginning on July 26th (delayed a tiny bit from the July 12 date we reported last time). Cost is $39.98 SRP, but you can pre-order it right now from Amazon.com for just $27.99! Here's your first look at the cover art:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3322 - see season 2 cover
Old 06-01-2005, 09:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just pre-order season 2
Old 06-16-2005, 12:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3540 - season 3

And disks looks images

Brady Bunch, The - Release month revealed for 3rd Season along with an early look at DVD label art
Posted by David Lambert
6/14/2005

After a successful 1st Season release, and with the 2nd Season hitting stores on July 26th, Paramount Home Entertainment has revealed to retailers and press that they anticipate releasing The Brady Bunch - The Complete 3rd Season in September. That timeframe represents a mighty fast turnaround from season two, so it won't surprise you when we say that it is tentative at this time and subject to change. Even so, it's pretty clear we ought to have it in time for the holidays. In fact, the fourth season is also in Paramount's sights, so it's possible that we could have both before the year ends!

While we wait for positive word of that, Paramount has also made available an early look at the DVD disc art for the 3rd Season. Like the release month, the disc art may not be final, and is subject to change. But for right now, it's looking good. Take a peak!
Old 08-14-2005, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I got season 2 in the mail today
Old 08-17-2005, 02:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Brady Bunch, The - Aloha, Bradys! 4th Season Set Coming in November!
Posted by David Lambert
8/16/2005

TVShowsOnDVD.com owner Gord Lacey is currently in Hawaii for the official launch of Lost on DVD, but now all of our readers can go along with him, and The Brady Bunch! The 4th season of the show starts off with the classic 3-part Hawaii storyline, where the family vacations in the Aloha State (well, Mike's got some work to do there) and Bobby finds a cursed Tiki idol that brings special guest star Vincent Price into the action.

It's a classic, as is the rest of the season: Marcia goes to high school, Peter and Greg fall into the "Cyrano" routine, Marcia and Carol do a "Family Frolics" act together, Alice tries to quit, Peter is cast as Benedict Arnold in the school play, Bobby becomes school safety monitor, Marcia gets hit in the nose with a football, the kids go on TV in a singing act, Cindy gets on a quiz show, Jan gets fed up and wants to be alone, and the older kids fight over who gets to live in the attic.

DVDPlanet has a pre-order listing for the 4th season set, shown with a November 1st release date! List price is $39.95, but you can lock in a $27.97 price at DVDPlanet if you order it from them now. They show it as a 2-disc set, but we suspect that's a typo: expect 4 DVDs for this package. Stay tuned and we'll have more info for you when Paramount makes their official announcement.

Old 08-17-2005, 10:30 AM
Master Fan

Wait? The Brady Bunch is on dvd? OMG! I never knew that. I must save my money now. I absolutely looooove this show.
Moonlight~Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 09:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hehe I love the show

I have 2 seasons now waiting for the rest (5 seasons)
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top