Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2017, 05:27 PM
Elite Fan

^ You're way ahead of me so I can't comment on any of that as of yet. I have seen the episodes though, its just been a while.

2x12

Bailey/Julia fighting was kind of amusing at times but it got ugly pretty fast. They shouldn't have used their significant others to get back at each other. I'm glad Justin and Sarah called them on that and they ended up making up by the end of the episode. They were acting like 8 year olds but I guess that can happen in sibling relationships.

Claudia giving up the violin was actually pretty sad. Her "saying goodbye" at the end was hard to watch, I'm sure she felt like she was setting aside a piece of herself and her memory of her mother there.

Charlie/Kirsten always get to me. It wasn't the right time for them to be together again but him talking about them meeting in the future would've been better and he would've said she was the one. I think he's still in love with her, he's just willing to let it go for her sake.
Old 01-03-2018, 05:26 PM
Elite Fan

2x13

I actually really enjoyed Charlie's storyline this episode. Him learning how to be a father, making mistakes, and learning from them was so great to see. I think it also helped him to understand his own father better than he had before. His scene with Claudia in the hallway was really great and helped them both realize some things. I like that he put Owen's imperfect picture up on the wall and brought him into the bedroom later on. They really needed to bond and it was sweet to see. I also like how it tied into Claudia's storyilne with Kirsten. They're all hurting in different ways and it was sad to see Kirsten break ties with Claudia. It's understandable though but still sad. I liked that they explored all that and didn't just leave those threads hanging.

I liked Sarah's storyline this episode as well. I think it's normal for her to wonder about her birth mother and imagine wonderful things. I like that this show explores storyilnes like this, what it's like for adopted kids. I also like that the show doesn't always go the idealistic route--with her biological mother being the opposite of what she expects. I don't like that Bailey lied to her about her mother. I know he thought it was for the right reasons but lying is never right, regardless. And it's only going to hurt her more in the end when she finds out the truth.

ETA:

2x14

I just watched this episode yesterday and can't remember much to comment on. Just that I forgot that Charlie dated Claudia's sister and I get why she didn't want him to. Seeing Claudia smoke and stuff is disappointing though. I didn't enjoy this story arc the first time around and still don't. I liked the scene with Will/Sarah, I still think they sparkle in scenes together. I like that we got a bit more of Will's pov about things in this episode.

Last edited by rossfangirl86; 01-05-2018 at 05:15 PM
Old 01-10-2018, 05:55 PM
Elite Fan

2x15

Charlie really regressed in this episode which was disappointing after so many episodes of progress. I think he blew things with the teacher because he isn't really ready for a relationship yet. And he could've had one with someone as nice and quirky as her. It was even worse that Claudia figured it out and that it's hurting her. Charlie really should think things through before he acts but that's definitely one of his biggest flaws.

The storyline with Bailey and their long lost grandfather was actually the highlight of the episode. I like how they subtly introduced him into the storyline and had Bailey slowly figure out who he really was. I also liked that he wasn't willing to have a relationship with his grandfather if he didn't meet everyone else. That had to be a hard decision to make but the right one. I think Bailey really shines as a character in episodes like these.

Julia's storyline was different but I like that they didn't try to make the computer guy out to be a bad guy even though his approach was all wrong. He just didn't know how to talk to a girl and I like that he refused to kiss Julia at the end of their "date". I think he learned something about dating and women along the way.

ETA:

2x16

Glad the truth came out about Charlie and the other woman he was seeing. I just found that whole cheating storyline so cringe worthy. It would've been nice to see the writers take a different approach here. It just feels weird that after being in a committed relationship that he'd go back to his old ways/mistakes. I'm glad Emily called him on it and cautioned him to be more careful of people's feelings. I think he finally got it after he caught the other woman with someone else.

The stuff with Claudia/Julia/Grandpa was really good. The tension made sense and I felt for everyone involved here. I thought it was really sweet how Julia told Claudia that she could picture her mom letting their grandpa back into her life for their sake. That was a really good scene.

I also liked the stuff with Bailey/Sarah/her mom. I'm glad she found out the truth and that she had to deal with the reality of the situation. With Bailey and with her mom. I like that she realized that she had to let him go and trust their relationship. That was really nice character growth on her part.

Last edited by rossfangirl86; 01-13-2018 at 07:24 PM
Old 01-18-2018, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

https://www.spoilertv.com/2017/09/pa...tering-on.html
Old 01-18-2018, 05:10 PM
Elite Fan

Can't honestly say I'm excited for this reboot.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:07 AM
Master Fan

Old 09-07-2018, 08:30 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)
Can't honestly say I'm excited for this reboot.
Same here.. Sigh..

are you sleepy? wanna sleep?
is that what you want?

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 09-17-2018, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm on the fence with the reboot.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 09-19-2018, 06:25 AM
Passionate Fan

I'm not sure about that reboot. I'd be more on board with seeing what the original characters are doing now.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:55 AM
Moderator Support Team

^ I would like that idea..

is that what you want?

Old 09-19-2018, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I wouldn't mind that, but in terms of the show's premise it wouldn't really work - if one of the Salinger's children were orphaned and they ended up taking care of each other, the audience would question why their aunts and uncles aren't stepping in. They'd have to change the premise, and it was that that made the show unique at the time.

Leigh Tumblr
Old 09-19-2018, 05:56 PM
Moderator Support Team

Even tho have they greenlight this?

is that what you want?

Old 09-20-2018, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think they did

Leigh Tumblr
Old 09-21-2018, 11:27 AM
Moderator Support Team

I gonna check it out and see if they did..

is that what you want?

Old 09-21-2018, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Tbh I read the headline, not the article, but it seemed like it.

Leigh Tumblr
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top