Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

"Bring the Hoe Down" (4x11): Episode Discussion

[made by Twisty]

4x11: Bring the Hoe Down
August 20, 2013 @ 8:00 p.m. Eastern

EPISODE DESCRIPTION:
After uncovering recent evidence that suggests "A" is hiding out closer than they realized, the Liars step up their investigation into their most recent suspect. Hanna continues to crumble due to her new-found infamy as the daughter of a murder suspect. To complicate matters, Hanna is being stalked by fellow student Travis (Luke Kleintank), until she learns he is hiding a secret that may change her life. Meanwhile, Toby continues to be manipulated by "A," dangling insight into his mother's death. And Ezra tries to reach out to Aria for help in dealing with his recent troubles, right when she becomes more determined to move on with Jake, at a Western themed dance that turns into a two-step with "A."

Ā» JOIN UĀ§ BEFORE, DURING & AFTER FOR EPISODE DISCUSSION Ā«

PROMOS!

RULES!
1. Since some people may not be a fan of your certain ship, try not to insult
other ships, just stick to the one you like and be positive, please.
Let's remember to show our fellow posters some respect, thanks. :]
2. We know you won't like everything about the episode, but try and be constructive
when you are critiquing something. Don't just say 'GOD THIS SUCKED'.
3. No talk of illegal downloading, asking or commenting about it. Any posts with that topic will be deleted.
Please use PMs for links to live streams and such.
4. Remember, everything is a spoiler until the show airs Eastern time in the USA.
5. Thank you, and enjoy the episode!

Old 08-21-2013, 06:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Not a great episode, which is sad because I had high expectations for it. We got a few good one liners that will make good titles, but on a whole it wasn't that great. I loved the reveal of CeCe being on the A team, and Emily and Paige's dance, but the rest of it was just pretty boring. Too much Aria/Jake, no Mona/Jenna/Melissa. The ST problems are still ongoing, and they got old quite a few episodes ago, and I've come out of the episode disliking the girls (even though I do love them).

BlondieLeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:31 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Wow. FILLER. Half that episode was just DANCING. *yawn*

Glad Spence told the girls and they're so right. She shouldn't pick Toby.

Toby/Caleb. MORE.

None of the couples actually made me ugh this episode. I was smiling throughout it all, but such filler. Also, way to CINDERELLA it up with Lucy. Really, guys? I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE!

Ezra/Emily. Dude. calm yourself. And thank god he shaved in the end. Gross.

I think Spencer won BEST DRESS, but I think I might be INCREDIBLY bias on that one. Oh well.

Who in the hell's this new guy? Can't seem to care.

MORE ONE-LINERS. Always.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Glad Spence told the girls and they're so right. She shouldn't pick Toby.
I think they were wrong. It wasn't about her choosing Toby (because I also don't think she should), all I got from them in this episode is that they don't trust Spencer's judgement or respect her enough to accept that she will tell them when she's ready. I really feel for Spencer here, because this was such a horrible situation for her to be in, but they basically cornered her and forced it out of her, which is a disgusting way to treat a friend, and imo was just so OOC for Emily that I just can't. If they really wanted to know, they should have asked Toby instead of making this whole thing worse for her. Basically everyone sucks except Spencer and Caleb

Old 10-22-2013, 05:40 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

Such a great point.

I wish we had a timeline. I need to know how long the entire show has been to see how long Spencer's been "lying" to them. And, honestly, Toby hasn't done anything to ANYONE since the RV. So who's it harming but himself?
Old 10-22-2013, 05:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

From what I can work out, 3A was September-Halloween, 3B was two/three weeks from Halloween, and 4A wasn't more than a couple of weeks either, so she kept a secret for a couple of weeks? It wasn't even a lie because she just didn't say anything. It's an issue that Toby has to work through sure, and Spencer understood that, but both he and the girls were wrong to put Spencer in the middle. Emily especially should have gone to Toby.

Old 10-22-2013, 06:02 AM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Couples

GASP! How dare you imply ET can have a scene.

SPEAKING OF! I forgot in my review. OT3 alert! SET came together. WOOT WOOT! I NEED MORE OF THIS FOREVER!
Old 10-22-2013, 06:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It was one of the things that annoyed me the most. The issue wasn't really between the girls and Spencer, it was between the girls and Toby and they both put Spencer in the middle, it could have been stopped so much sooner if Emily and Toby's friendship had actually been acknowledged.

I did like that I'd like a bit more though, as long as they can keep it relevant.

Reply   Post New Thread