Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2014, 06:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Teen Wolf 4.04 " The Benefactor" Episode Discussion [Air Date: 14.07.2014]

4.04 The Benefactor

On the night of the full moon, uninvited guests turn up at Lydia's lake house; Derek pursues a killer.

Music from this episode:

Basic Rules:

- Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.

- No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.

- Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.

- Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.

- Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

When New Threads Can Be Opened (If the character has been in at least 3 episodes.
Couples/Friendship/Family Threads need at least 1 scene together in 3 episodes.)

- Lydia/Malia (They need at least 1 more episodes of interaction.) - Jules opening
- Derek/Lydia (If they have some scenes in the next episode, feel free to start a thread.) - Josie opening
- Derek/Braeden (They need at least 2 more episodes of interaction.)
- Liam | Dylan Sprayberry (He needs to be in at least 2 episodes.)
- Scott/Liam (They need one more episode with scenes together.)
- Garrett | Mason Dye (He needs to be in at least 2 episodes.) - Josie opening
- Violet | Samantha Logan (She needs to be in at least 2 episodes.)
- Teenage Bonnie & Clyde | Garrett/Violet (They needs to be in at least 2 episodes.)
- Mason | Khylin Rhambo (He needs to be in at least 2 episodes.)

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}

Last edited by fire for a heart; 07-15-2014 at 05:56 PM
Old 07-13-2014, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Tftnt
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 07-15-2014, 01:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

what an episode ,loved the scene where liam arrives to the lake house and the introduce what they are

what were Lydia and mason talking about? I didn't get any audio that part and a bit after that with Lydia by herself

that girl and garret working with the benefactor,peteter never changes

glad chris is back

looking forward to scott helping liam

I wonder who why they just have a hotlist of supernaturals?

Allison was the password wonder why

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}

Last edited by fire for a heart; 07-15-2014 at 01:37 AM
Old 07-15-2014, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

These threads can be opened now.

Kira/Malia
Lydia/Malia

Chris is BACK! YES!!!

I opened a Lydia and Kira thread.

http://www.fanforum.com/f397/banshee...ixen-63127991/

I liked there scenes. They seem to be bonding more with each episode.

Liam poor guy is freaking out. I would too. Scott and Stiles are so not smooth with the whole kidnap and explanation. It kind of reminds me of when they took Jackson.

Garrett and Violet are teenage killer I didn't expect that. I really like these two teens, even more after watching Wolf Watch.

Mason is a nice surprise. I like him too. All the newbies are pretty great. He never did come back to help Lydia. I wonder why.

Peter getting shanked with that ax then burning the poison out. He's a creature of habit.

Derek, Sheriff, and Parrish teaming up I need more of this.

Allison's name being the password for the hit list. This makes me think Gerard made that list.

Last edited by KeepThisaSecret; 07-15-2014 at 06:12 AM
Old 07-15-2014, 07:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

Things I LOVED:

Scott/Stiles Their scenes are the best.. they just have that spark and it shows time and time again

Stiles/Malia Stiles speech to her.. gah.. they are just beautiful.

I enjoyed Lydia's scenes and the scenes with Sheriff/Derek/Parish

Things I want more of:

Stiles/Lydia and Stiles/Lydia/Scott.

Things I never want on my screen again:

Liam punching Stiles I get that Jeff likes using Stiles for his comedic value.. but I don't find it funny. I don't like it or want to see it. I had huge issues with Derek always using Stiles as a punching bag and I didn't like Malia or Erica when they attacked him either. Just enough Jeff!! It's really not funny. These people are like a billion times stronger then Stiles and unlike Stiles they have the ability to heal. I get that this is a wolf show and that physical violence is par for the course, but it's so unnerving to continue to see a human getting beat up by creatures who are much more physically stronger then him.

Last edited by You can't kill me!; 07-15-2014 at 07:12 AM
Old 07-15-2014, 08:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Derek never used Stiles as a punching bag. He was a little rough at times. The only real thing I can think of is when he slammed his head into the Jeep Stirring Wheel in S1, which Stiles used him as a sex symbol.

The physical is a big part of this show. Stiles is the human, and he keeps putting himself in those situations. Getting hit every once in a while is bound to happen. I'm surprised it hasn't happened more. He needs to be trained to defend himself.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm really glad they are finally moving forward with the storyline. Like the person below, I suspect Girardeau of being the Benefactor because the pw was Allison. Of course if we're going with the theory that nobody in Beacon Hills "stays head" then technically it could be Allison's mom...(just saying lol).

I'm pretty sure the scene where Mason & Lydia were talking was deliberately muted out. I think it represented how her power works to filter out the noise of every day life and make it so she only hears what "the universe" is trying to tell her. I dunno - just a theory.

Sad though I am, I think Jeff Davis has definitely given every indication that my Styles & Lydia pairing will never ever happen. The clues are all there this episode with no doubt left behind. Boo you JD! Boo you!

Loved the fact Derek worked with the Sheriff..that was just all around great. The part where Derek was helping Peter burn the wound - well I just completely drooled at that scene - how about you?
Old 07-15-2014, 08:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the scene where Mason & Lydia were talking was deliberately muted out. I think it represented how her power works to filter out the noise of every day life and make it so she only hears what "the universe" is trying to tell her. I dunno - just a theory.
If you were watching a downloaded episode, something happened with the audio. I watched the live version and Lydia and Mason actually had a conversation that you can hear. For some reason it got stamped out with the music. They talked about needing to get the stain out of the carpet because the Cabin was for sale, and Lydia is basically broke. She had a little freak out moment.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepThisaSecret (View Post)
If you were watching a downloaded episode, something happened with the audio. I watched the live version and Lydia and Mason actually had a conversation that you can hear. For some reason it got stamped out with the music. They talked about needing to get the stain out of the carpet because the Cabin was for sale, and Lydia is basically broke. She had a little freak out moment.
How wierd..I was watching it on my tv live last night at 10pm and the whole conversation was muted out. It wasn't downloaded at all.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

Can someone post the conversation if they had it? I can honestly say that my version at 10pm last night on tv was muted out - the conversation between Lydia and Mason. It was interrupted by the background noise of the music and the scrubbing sound of Lydia scrubbing at the carpet.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I heard about that happening to others, but while I watched the conversation wasn't muted out.

I just bought it from ITunes.

I'll post the conversation for you once it's done uploading
Old 07-15-2014, 11:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The TW Tumblr released the scene CLICK LINK
Old 07-15-2014, 12:29 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Most interesting thing from the episode to me was Garrett and Violet being teenage killers/Hunters... didn't expect that.

Glad Chris is back too.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:17 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepThisaSecret (View Post)
The TW Tumblr released the scene CLICK LINK
Thank you thank you thank you!
Old 07-15-2014, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't expect them to be hunters/killers too

thanks for helping me out with that

Josie you have a good point,what happened to Gerard anyone? I think the last time I remember scott and Alison were there to help him

ill open the kira/malia now and thanks for updating the new threads list

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}