Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2014, 06:33 AM
Part-Time Fan

The way Stiles and Lydia have gone this season - I feel like I've been Twilight b*tch-slapped all over again. By that, I refer to the book (only) Breaking Dawn where the author made it seem like my favorite character Jacob was going to move on with my other favorite character Leah. Then *SLAP* she writes that he imprints on a stupid baby and ruins all hope for a HEA.

Jeff Davis has been building the Stiles and Lydia connection since the end of S1, slowly moving into friendship in S2, and then fastforwarding into budding hope during both S3A and S3B. And then *WHAM* he b*tchslapped us in S4 with Stalia.

So yeah, forgive me if I'm not hopeful. There wasn't even a fragment of the Stiles/Lydia connection in this season as previously. I got my hopes up too many times this season only to get them slapped down.

The best example of the first time I got slapped by TW this season is this:

Episode 2 - When Stiles was telling Scott about how uncomfortable he was with Malia climbing in his bed at night - he says, "I think she knows something isn't right." and I was excited thinking Stiles meant that his feelings for Lydia were keeping him from wanting to be with Malia - and that it was awkward because they had shared a moment in Eichen house - but he had been possessed by the Nogitsune - so how was he to explain to Malia- you're nice..but I love another girl..

But then Scott starts talking about how they were hiding that Peter was her dad, and all I could think was - DOH! Stupid TW!!!
Old 09-10-2014, 08:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

Maybe it will be a Ross and Rachel type deal. Maybe Jeff doesn't know how to keep up a Stydia relationship in the show so he wants to wait until the end to put them together. Who knows? I wasn't nearly as invested in Ross and Rachel as I am in Stiles and Lydia though, so it's kinda driving me crazy!
Old 09-10-2014, 12:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

I am looking through all the Stydia-videos you posted in this thread now

This comment is taking from Stydia-fanpage (Facebook) and I think it's true what she is saying:
"There's a lot in the finale that points to these two! He thinks about her most of the time! First he doesn't want to go without her, second he keeps calling and is afraid she's in trouble! Only goes to Mexico after Liam suggests they call mason which he does right away and mason sees her car! Then he sends his DAD to the school where there's a lot of danger and stiles knows it bc they weren't answering their phones! Then they both say at different times that they're just trying to help their friends and the best part is that she used a BAT to try to attack a berserker"

Even though we didn't get any Stydia moments at all, she is always on his mind (and he is on her mind, with the whole bat thing). Stiles was much more worried about Lydia, talking about her and thinking about her than with Malia I think. Malia, his GIRLFRIEND, he didn't even kiss or hug when they split up on the way to Mexico.

Last edited by agy11; 09-10-2014 at 01:01 PM
Old 09-10-2014, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Old 09-10-2014, 05:25 PM
Master Fan

30 threads
love th videos

icon by maxicons
Old 09-10-2014, 10:33 PM
Elite Fan

wow at that vid.

Old 09-11-2014, 12:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Last edited by AlwaysCB; 09-11-2014 at 12:22 PM
Old 09-11-2014, 01:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdtpl3_ZJgY
"You light up my cold heart"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IettMFDJlIQ
"No matter what I say and do, I'll still feel you here 'til the moment I'm gone".

(Sorry, dont know how to post a video, just posting the link)
Old 09-11-2014, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Great videos! especially the second one

Old 09-11-2014, 10:44 PM
Elite Fan

^ That video is so lovely

Quote:
Originally Posted by agy11 (View Post)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdtpl3_ZJgY
"You light up my cold heart"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IettMFDJlIQ
"No matter what I say and do, I'll still feel you here 'til the moment I'm gone".

(Sorry, dont know how to post a video, just posting the link)
If you do an advanced quote on any post that has a YT video, it'll give you the code for a YT video

But just in case, it's this

[yt*][/yt]

Remove the star after the first t in the brackets. In between the second and third bracket you want to post the yt video number, like when it says

youtube. com/watch?v=UWKP1SwHVqI

anything after the equal sign will go in the middle
Old 09-11-2014, 10:50 PM
Elite Fan

There's a stupid quote here on the MTV site that calls Stiles 'The Holmes to Lydia’s Sherlock'; that they're not smart enough to realise that Holmes/Sherlock is the same person worries me. No wonder this show is going down the pan

ETA: DP sorry
Old 09-12-2014, 10:12 AM
Absolute Fan

The "Not Without Lydia" video literally had me in tears the song just really got to me. .

Jeff Davis..what the hell are you doing???

Thanks for all the vids yall!

Bellamy and Clarke
{The Rebel & The Princess}
Old 09-12-2014, 12:11 PM
Master Fan

I know I'm a few days late, but I've been sick all week and finally gathered the strength to pull myself to my computer.

I agree with everyone, this season was a bust. The only things I can say I actually enjoyed are Liam, and Scott becoming even more badass than he already was. I so badly want to add Lydia to that list, but she was barely in any scenes it feels like. :sad: And now with the new development with Derek, that could be interesting.

This show is no where near what it used to be, the show I fell in love with. That being said, I'm still gonna watch next season. I already expect Lydia to be under used (even tho without her the other characters would literally be walking into walls), I expect Stalia to still be annoying (and way over done), and I expect too much time being given to secondary characters. But if there's more growth for Liam and his relationship with Scott, and for Scott as an Alpha, then I can live with that. I would love to have Isaac return too.
"The most important thing to me is that I have had people come up to me and say the show made me feel different about what they could be, about what they could do, about how they respond to problems, about being a female leader." - Joss Whedon
Old 09-12-2014, 12:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thank you so much, heartlines for explaining that!

Old 09-12-2014, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper