Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2013, 04:39 AM
Dedicated Fan

What do you think happened to Rachel in those 7/8 years? And when Rachel killed Stausser, she said "Thats for what you did to me you sick son of a bi*ch" did Rachel mean when he tortured her, or did something else happen?

Teen Wolf. Nashville. The 100. Riverdale. Greys Anatomy. Outsiders
Icon: Alexa

Last edited by Annie-Day10♥'; 03-29-2013 at 06:48 AM
Old 03-29-2013, 10:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

I assumed it was that he tortured her, and that he threatened Charlie and Danny as well. Judging by Miles asking Rachel whether or not Monroe hurt her, I'd guess she was treated pretty well until Miles left -- it's just a matter of when that was in the 8 years.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Some people speculated that he raped her. But maybe it was torture with knives and stuff like that.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:33 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwell Sisters (View Post)
Some people speculated that he raped her. But maybe it was torture with knives and stuff like that.
That's what I think may have happened, because when she said "you sick son of a bit*h" I didn't think that she was on about just torturing her, she acted as if he had done something terrible and disgusting, and while torture is that, when she wasn't answering Monroe's questions, you kind of expect to be tortured, and she knew that was what was going to happen.

Also when Miles asked if Monroe hurt her, she looked away, not answering the question

Old 03-30-2013, 02:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah, I'd heard that speculation too, and he was always super creepy around her and Charlie.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I would rather a torture SL over rape.
|| icon by me || Josie
Old 03-30-2013, 03:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepThisaSecret (View Post)
I would rather a torture SL over rape.
So would I, but I can see them doing the rape SL. However, if they were, I would have thought that they would have kept Strausser alive until we knew about it, and then have either Rachel or someone else (Miles) kill him.

Last edited by Annie-Day10♥'; 03-30-2013 at 03:49 PM
Old 03-30-2013, 05:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

I agree, and I have a feeling they might just keep it open-ended.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree with you guys, it seems it will be up for imagination. But one way or the other, he did hurt her.

Old 03-31-2013, 05:28 AM
New Fan

They seem to use the ambiguity angle a lot, not just with Rachel's imprisonment and more than likely torture (if it was rape i'm not sure the show would ever explicitly state it), but with her whole character and especially her relationship with Miles. Like they know whatever the audience thinks happened will be enough so the payoff has its own unique punch (she was miles prisoner! miles thought she was dead!). I still don't know what the hell happened but I am completely sucked into every possibility, even a romantic one, because whatever happened it is most definitely complicated or at least convoluted enough to appear honestly complex (and the show is fun enough for me that I don't mind either way).

Just on their own, Miles and Rachel are, well, I think they're crazy. And Rachel to me is one step away from being a villain (where another step could make her a hero). Miles is like the one who keeps her in check. I find it a great contrast to his relationship with Bass and Rachel's own relationship with Bass. They stress the blood/family bond a lot, but they seriously skew it. I want them to have a terrible time working this out because sometimes they are terrible people, and they have a lot to answer for, especially to Charllie. I don't even think I'd mind the Charlie's their lovechild theory.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Complicated is the best way to describe them

Would you like to be added to the shipper list tormund?
|| icon by me || Josie
Old 03-31-2013, 08:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think with regards to Rachel being a hero or a villain, it will depend on how much she divulges to the rebels. At this point she isn't telling them a lot, which I understand, but I'm sure she has a lot of information that could seriously help the group.

Aha, I've been convinced for a while that Charlie is probably Miles'. Considering how much they're stressing the Charlie / Miles relationship, it really wouldn't surprise me.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm okay with Charlie being Miles' daughter, if it's done right, why not? Miles and Rachel clearly have history together, so maybe the writers had this in mind from the start. I don't see it as a cliché if that is the case. It would be if we were in the third season, for example.

I do think it will be left to imagination if Strausser raped Rachel.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

I wouldn't mind if Miles was Charlies father, the scenes with Charlie and Ben, Ben doesn't really seem to act like a father, like the body language and everything, that could just be me though! If Miles is Charlies father, than I want them to tell us this season, otherwise, it will be too long a gap.

If Miles is Charlie's father, do you think he knew/knows, or will find out by Rachel?

Old 04-01-2013, 01:10 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwell Sisters (View Post)
I'm okay with Charlie being Miles' daughter, if it's done right, why not? Miles and Rachel clearly have history together, so maybe the writers had this in mind from the start. I don't see it as a cliché if that is the case. It would be if we were in the third season, for example.

I do think it will be left to imagination if Strausser raped Rachel.
it really depends for me, like you said, if it is done right it could end up being ok.
I don't really have a problem with Miles being her father, however if it is the case, and Miles is her father, i hope there is some reason to explain why Rachel might have cheated on Ben