Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2012, 06:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Their scenes in last nights episode So many good moments. The flashbacks were sad. Love that Bass stayed with Miles when he was injured and later you see Miles talking Bass out of killing himself. We need some gifs of these scene like now.
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 11-27-2012, 02:09 PM
Master Fan

Just write in David Lyons or Miloe on Tumblr, there are loads and loads of gifs about their scenes last night. Found a lot just typing David's name in the box.

Tumblr has a huge amount of Miloe love. They even have a fanmix.

So even though I am mad at Miles for hurting Bass, I was wondering what other people thought about Miles not shooting Monroe?

He had the gun to his head, Bass had put his weapon down and Miles starts talking and talking about how he should have killed him.

But then instead of shooting himm, he puts the weapon down and goes for the sword, giving him a chance to fight.

Last week he shot the baddie with one shot without blinking, but with Monroe, he doesn't?

Weird for someone who claims he wants to kill him.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think the amount of criticism Miles is getting online is insane. Indeed, Monroe is like a brother to him, but he's lost it, he had his sister-in-law captive and abused for years, he had Miles' nephew beat up, and he was part guilty for Ben's death. I totally get why Miles said that. If Monroe really thinks Miles is his family, he would have never done what he did.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Miles was closer to Monroe than his own family for a long time. They considered themselves brothers so I could understand his hesitation. Miles has also reconnected with his family now, and is trying to do right by them, so letting Monroe go is his way of protecting them. Monroe was definitely hurt by Miles speech. He thought everything could go back to the way things were before, but clearly that was lost when Monroe went after his family.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Monroe's lost it, that's the truth . Miles can't just hug him and let bygones be bygones.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:28 PM
Master Fan

No but since he made Monroe the way he is, the least he could do is try to save him from what he has become.

Monroe is sick, so he needs help.

I don't believe he is all bad or he wouldn't have been willing to forgive Miles for betraying him and trying to kill him.

Truth is, Miles didn't even try because he has his shiny new family so who cares about the friend who was loyal to him for 30+ years and wouldn't leave him die alone in battle?

That is what bugs me, he didn't even try at all. Just like he didn't try and save Rachel all those years ago.

If Miles could be a monster and supposedly be redeemed (although according to the creator, he is not completely), then why can't Monroe have some good left if anyone bothers to try to help him?

Don't you think being that cruel to him is bound to make Bass even more ruthless, this is a guy who lost everything and everyone he loved? He is alone.

Miles supposedly changed because of Charlie. If Monroe has noone, he is bound to just become more and more ruthless.

I am confused as Eric Kripke had said Miles would try and get Monroe back to the good side, that didn't happen at all and that was a terrible waste of opportunity.

Going around the boards, it is clear the Miloe bromance is super popular, loved by both fans and critics, and the show trashed it without a blink.

That said, David saved those scenes for me.

He was beyond amazing.

You could feel his whole being breaking to the very core.

And that might be the answer to your question about why so many people are blaming Miles and feeling sorry for Monroe.

It is all about David's great acting.

It takes a pretty good actor to have fans feel sorry for someone who did as many evil things as Bass did.

I think it would be pretty hard not to feel sorry for Bass after seeing the world of pain he has been through, from two tours in Iraq to his whole family dying.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think Bass is a smart guy so Miles can't be the only reason he became so obsessed with power. That's a stretch IMO. I don't think they should have tried to kill each other, but Miles has the right to be upset after all Monroe did to his family.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:18 PM
Master Fan

I never said he was. Monroe had already started to be sick when Miles left. That is why he did. I just said that, instead of giving up on his friend when he became sick (and yes to me, he is sick), Miles should have tried to save him, not betrayed him and try to kill him.

And yes Miles has every right to be upset. I would have undestood him yelling at him, being mad at him, even kicking his butt.

What bugs me was the we are not brothers, you mean nothing to me, I should have killed you line with no indication that Bass had meant something to him too and that, while Bass was leaving him no choice to act this way, it was tearing him up inside to do it.

Anything but this cold indifference he had. The producers said he was suppose to be torn up so why didn't he act it?

Because watching those scenes, I had the impression that friendship was totally one-sided.

The weird thing is I fully think the producers were expecting everyone to be cheering on Miles when he said that and to feel zero sympathy for Bass.

On Twitter, the revolution producers are full rah-rah team Miles and evil Bass. They don't seem to have any idea how popular the Miloe bromance is or how popular Bass has become, which might explain the total underuse of his character until now.

So since they are not getting them, I fully expect them to go overboard on the psycho Bass stuff and kill him off as soon as they can, which is a shame.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm not specifically talking about you, but the fandom. It annoyed me a bit. I know Miles is no saint, but Monroe isn't either. They've both hurt each other a lot so I don't think Bass should be so victimized by Miles' words, especially because he obviously didn't really mean them.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:03 PM
Extreme Fan

Definitely Miles was lying and once again running away from someone he cares about, but the problem is that Bass is thinking Miles really means it when he says all those harsh words and that's why I dislike it so much.

I felt Miles wouldn't have the courage to pull the trigger and he didn't. It's the second time now. If Bass dies, I think Miles won't be the one who kills him.

Old 12-02-2012, 10:26 AM
Master Fan

I know, and I don't believe it is because Miles is a better person now.

He shot without blinking five guards in those same scenes but with Bass, he puts the gun down.

And rewatching those scenes, I notice Miles has his usual sad eyes, the one he only seems to get when thinking about Monroe.

Miles is not an idiot and doesn't hesitate to kill.

He would never have gotten close enough to Monroe that Bass could just knock the gun out of his hand.

It reminds me of when Miles started to lie he didn't care about Monroe in his hallucination and hallucination Monroe told him he couldn't lie to himself.

But he can lie to Monroe.

I just think the writers took the easy way out. How good would it be if Monroe could be saved and he and Miles had to work together again?

I just wish Miles had tried like Eric Kripke had said he would to at least convince him to join the good side.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

They might have to come work together if Randall takes over. He's just sitting on this thrown watching and waiting to see what happens. Once he notices changes taking place, I'm sure it'll start to act then Miles and Monroe are going to have to start putting differences aside.

Every character is redeemable, you just have to handle them carefully.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:02 AM
Master Fan

Exactly.

I just hope they care enough about the character of Monroe to give him a chance to redeem himself.

The fact they have shown he used to have a good side must be for a reason. Why show his vulnerability even now?

It seems to me they have given a lot of attention to this relationship for them to just throw it away.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:32 PM
Extreme Fan

I think it's very meaningful that Miles couldn't kill Bass once again. He obviously still loves Bass the same way he always did and he will try to find a way to bring Bass back to the good side. I just wish he hadn't been so hard on Bass. Now Bass is thinking he lost his best friend and there is no turning back. Because I think that when Bass was asking Miles to come back, it was more than that. It was to make things as they were before. I feel both want to be friends again.

I also believe Randall is the real villain of the show and I like the idea that Bass and Miles will eventually have to work together to avoid whatever he wants to do. And it will hopefully bring Bass back to where he belongs, which is near Miles Rachel.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepThisaSecret (View Post)
They might have to come work together if Randall takes over.
I can see this happening. Their friendship could also still be saved I guess.