Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2014, 09:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know he was super creepy!

That's another reason I'm wondering if she's not, I mean if he thought it was possible he would ask.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:30 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I wonder if the writers will ever address the issue or just leave it untouched.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroppi (View Post)
I think it will be left untouched.
Old 02-18-2014, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It would make sense...unless they make it a storyline for Charlie later on in the series when she begins to wonder.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think they will probably address it later on
Old 02-22-2014, 06:40 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I can't believe that Miles has never asked if he's Charlie's father tbh.
I think Miles has no idea and thinks Ben is Charlie's father, just like everyone else thinks so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by severalmiles (View Post)
I agree that she has always had the right to keep it from Miles, especially considering the type of person he used to be. Miles was dangerous, so telling him back then was probably not a good idea. Her family has always been the most important thing to her so it would be natural for her to want to keep it from him, if only to protect Charlie from getting hurt. It seems like Rachel has always loved Miles so it wouldn't surprise me that she wanted to tell him, if she has kept it from him it was probably to protect her family. It follows that after telling Miles the truth(if our predictions are correct), it is likely that Charlie will find out too, and she might not take it that well that Danny isn't her full brother or that the man that raised her wasn't even her father, and especially that her mother kept it from her. It's possible Rachel is keeping it quiet, fearing that she will hurt her relationship with Charlie or Miles
Great point. It's something very delicate, so Rachel needs to think carefully about the right time to talk with both Miles and Charlie about it. Especially Charlie. I agree that the possibility of hurting her already complicated relationship with Charlie is what prevents Rachel from telling the truth right now. We could say that one more time she's doing/has done something questionable to protect her family.

I don't think it will hurt her relationship with Miles. Of course, when Miles finds out about it, he will be shocked, he will need some time alone and all the alcohol from the world won't be enough for Miles. But he will go back to Rachel as soon as possible. Miles will understand why she never told him because Miles doesn't see himself as a family man, IMHO.

Charlie on the other hand... I can't see her being indifferent to it. She won't accept it easily. Let me just say that Connor will be a very happy boy. They will bond over mothers who lie about their true fathers. Seriously, I think the Rachel and Charlie relationship will become very damaged if Charlie really is Miles' daughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~MelBelle~ (View Post)
I think I'm the only one who still really hopes that Charlie isn't Miles daughter
I'm still hoping that Charlie isn't Miles' daughter. I don't want her to be his daughter at all. It would be better if Ben continues to be her only father because I don't see the point of making Miles her father since they already have this dynamic, kind of. I prefer the uncle/niece dynamic because it doesn't take Ben away from their story. But that's so obvious now, so I'm talking about it like it was already canon.

Liz was interviewed on the set of Revolution this week. The interview is spoiler-ish, but there is great insight on Rachel and Liz is adorable, as always.

Old 02-22-2014, 09:32 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the interview!
Old 02-23-2014, 03:59 AM
Extreme Fan

You're welcome, Anne.

One of the interviewers that were on the set wrote a report about it and said that Liz wasn't filming during this day. She was on her day off, but she voluntarily visited the set to give interviews.

Quote:
The cast and crew of Revolution were working on the 18th episode of the season when I spent the day observing production and talking with everyone who was filming that day plus Elizabeth Mitchell who was gracious enough to come over on her day off to help promote the show.
Source

Liz is awesome.

Old 02-23-2014, 06:55 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveJules! (View Post)
One of the interviewers that were on the set wrote a report about it and said that Liz wasn't filming during this day. She was on her day off, but she voluntarily visited the set to give interviews.

Source

Liz is awesome.
that's awesome, and we are very grateful
Old 02-23-2014, 10:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

Liz is awesome.
Of course she is.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm still hoping that Charlie isn't Miles' daughter. I don't want her to be his daughter at all. It would be better if Ben continues to be her only father because I don't see the point of making Miles her father since they already have this dynamic, kind of. I prefer the uncle/niece dynamic because it doesn't take Ben away from their story. But that's so obvious now, so I'm talking about it like it was already canon.
Thanks for the interview. Yes exactly, Ben's story is one of the most shocking things for me sense NO ONE is talking about him He was married to Rachel, so she could bring him up...Charlie lost her father!! she could easily bring him up, I mean even Miles...it was his only BROTHER I just don't get how they can easily not talk about him anymore.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:34 AM
Master Fan

^Interesting point. Did Gene ever ask about him?
Old 02-24-2014, 08:03 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann357 (View Post)
^Interesting point. Did Gene ever ask about him?
I don't remember him asking

I agree, also considering he had a part in the nanites stuff, he could be mentioned in that context too.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

He didn't ask about Ben, but I think he probably already knew about it. Gene did mention Ben though, only for the scene when talking about Rachel getting married and sneaking a glance towards Miles though.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 02-26-2014, 07:32 AM
Extreme Fan

Gene mentioned Danny's death to Bass. So I think he asked about Danny and Ben when they arrived in Willoughby. We just didn't get to see it.

But the whole lack of Ben mention bugs me too. Rachel is still wearing her wedding ring. That's meaningful, right? I'd like to know more about how she feels about Ben. Not only about his death or about Ben as the father of her children, but also as her husband. And how she feels about leaving him behind to go to the militia.

I didn't like that flashback in the airport with Miles at all. Because it seemed Rachel didn't care about Ben and only stayed with him because Miles "broke up" with her. I really hope Ben always knew about this whole Rachel and Miles thing. I want to believe Rachel was honest with him.

Here's a longer version of the interview on the set of Revolution. More adorableness. And more spoilers, I guess. Lots of noise too.