Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2014, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^Very true
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Speaking of family matters, do you guys expect Rachel to reveal (more like, unwillngly have to admit) that Charlie is Miles' daughter? Some days I think it's the inevitable road they'll take, others that it's so predictable that it would be actually a bigger twist if they didn't follow it, lol.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:44 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
Speaking of family matters, do you guys expect Rachel to reveal (more like, unwillngly have to admit) that Charlie is Miles' daughter? Some days I think it's the inevitable road they'll take, others that it's so predictable that it would be actually a bigger twist if they didn't follow it, lol.
I think they will reveal it eventually, and I will be surprised if that isn't the road they plan on taking but I kind of hope they hold back on it for awhile, because I am sure that once Charlie finds out she will be pretty angry at both Miles and Rachel, and Rachel has just started to mend her relationship with Charlie!
Old 01-04-2014, 12:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

If that revelation is coming, it will sure be a bomb dropped on the fragile steps Rachel and Charlie have been taking to improve their relationship. I would say it's way too soon to bring it up with all the other stuff going on, too, but I wouldn't be surprised if they addressed it sooner rather than later if they are committed to the present time romantic storyline of Rachel and Miles.

I like the dynamic between Miles and Charlie without the need for Miles to become another father for her even in the literal sense, but I guess it all depends on how they handle it.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
Thank you, Flave!

I'm still anxious about Gene's fate, but if it's true that the writers pay attention to what works or doesn't work on the show, they must be aware of what a nice addition his character is.
Definitely! I too hope they're aware of that. I'm surprised by how much he fits on the show, would be a shame to kill him off so early like they did with Maggie.

On the Miles being Charlie's dad thing, I think it was obvious before, but they've been dragging it so long that it might be not so obvious, if that makes sense . And I honestly have no idea as to how Charlie would react. I think she loves Miles, but she also loved Ben, and learning that Rachel was with the two of them at some point might bother her a lot.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^Oh please I really hope that's the case, cause I honestly really like Ben being Charlie's dad. If they make it to where Charlie isn't it's just going to take another piece of Ben's story away...the character has been disappearing more and more each episode. (yes he's dead but still)
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Not gonna lie, I would love to see that she's Miles' daughter, but Ben does seem to be always getting the short end of the stick.

Old 01-11-2014, 10:21 PM
Master Fan

Add me!
Old 01-13-2014, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome, Nici!

I genuinely don't know what the writers were thinking when they added that flashback of Miles and Rachel's goodbye, or Gene mentioning Rachel's longing looks toward Miles on her wedding day, because it sure didn't make M/R more "epic" in my eyes. I think the way they handled them this season is contributing to me rooting for Ben to at least remain Charlie's only father and not have Miles completely replace him in the Matheson family (replace is not the right word, but you know what I mean).

Speaking of Miles and Rachel - what was he thinking, asking Rachel to come along for his trip with Monroe?! Oh man. It was inevitable that she would think about Danny while trying to reach the son of the man she considers responsible for his death. The whole speech about Connor being doomed by the Monroe blood in his veins was just an attempt to hurt Bass because all her bitterness and feelings of loss came back to the surface. Understandable.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You've been added Nici

The flashbacks, even though I do enjoy them, seem almost forgotten. They bring up something and then later forget about it. When it comes to many of the flashbacks I would still really would like to see what happened with Rachel when she was taken to Militia, or the big first battle between Miles and Monroe when he left...or the fact that Miles thought Rachel was dead???
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:18 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm not too hopeful on getting militia flashbacks, I mean, this was the ideal episode for some flashbacks, since Rachel was alone with her former captors, but we got nothing. So who knows if they will ever go back to this time. I hope they will. It's important for us to understand more of the Rachel/Miles, Rachel/Bass and Miles/Bass relationships. Besides, I really want to know why Miles thought Rachel was dead too. It's probably because Bass faked her death, but I want to know exactly why and all the details.

Liz speaking spanish in this episode. It was cool.

Well, in this episode, for the first time, we see Rachel, Miles and the word "father" in the same place. When Miles was talking with Bass that being a normal father was not his (Bass) thing, Rachel gives a sad look to Miles. Big clue that Charlie is his daughter, unfortunately.

I obviously haven't seen all their interviews, but I know the actors were asked about it and none of them seemed to like the idea.

Billy Burke said he hopes Charlie is not Miles' daughter because it is too obvious. Liz said she asked the writers about it and they didn't answer her, but she thinks Charlie looks like Tim (aka Ben), so no.

And Tracy... That's her answer:

Quote:
Has it ever crossed your mind that Miles could be Charlie’s father?

SPIRIDAKOS: It has crossed my mind. I’ve thought about it. Definitely, no one’s hinted to it, so I don’t think that’s the case. We always joke around with Elizabeth [Mitchell]. We’re like, “Rachel really just has no boundaries. Could we keep [Nate] for Charlie?” We’re always bugging her. She’s a little promiscuous, that one, so who knows.
Source

But it was all almost 1 year ago, when they're at WonderCon in March. Billy Burke when he was in London in June, so... they might have changed their minds about it.

I wouldn't like Charlie to be Miles' daughter at all. But I have to admit that would be fun to watch all their reactions.

And just to finish the post... cute Rachel and Gene hug!

X

Old 01-14-2014, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome, Nici !
Old 01-15-2014, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I mean, this was the ideal episode for some flashbacks, since Rachel was alone with her former captors, but we got nothing.
OMG I didn't even think of that. Why didn't the writers try that out. They could've easily pushed the search for Connor two episodes. had the first episode involving Miltia flashbacks and then this episode coming up be the introduction of Connor. That would've been awesome.

Still love the introduction of Connor, but wish they somehow in a prior episode did that.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 01-15-2014, 05:13 PM
Extreme Fan

Totally agree, Mel.

Hopefully we will get to see some flashbacks in future episodes.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^I hope so.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.