Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-07-2014, 08:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor5_melanie (View Post)
I'm late but I'm here, I won't post, just want to sit in and read you guys thoughts, not feeling well, IV had a really emotional day, and I am having trouble concentrating , I apologize ! I will say I read the books and I enjoyed them all! I love hanging with all you ladies, and I'm sorry I'm late! I'll do better! It's been one of those weeks! Truly in tears 😭😭😭😭!
Love you guys!😘💖💕💞💖
OK, Melanie, glad you're here. Ok, so does anyone have anything else to add about tonight's stories?
Old 09-07-2014, 08:40 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandiPandi88 (View Post)
I just want to say, in reply to mlreeve1, I kind of like it when he calls her kid...I don't know why though lol I mean, I don't think he means it in the same way Miles does, but in a more affectionate way and I kind of like it. That could just be me though...lol
No, I hear what you are saying, but to me "Kid" is Miles' term of affection for Charlie and as such, it just sounds wrong whenever someone else calls her that.

My favorite "nickname" for Charlie is always when Monroe calls her "Charlotte." I really missed it when he stopped calling her that.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:41 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceonFire7 (View Post)
OK, Melanie, glad you're here. Ok, so does anyone have anything else to add about tonight's stories?
Nothing further to add, just want to say that I really enjoyed reading everyone else's comments.

This was fun! I'll be back.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizzi1213 (View Post)
No, I hear what you are saying, but to me "Kid" is Miles' term of affection for Charlie and as such, it just sounds wrong whenever someone else calls her that.

My favorite "nickname" for Charlie is always when Monroe calls her "Charlotte." I really missed it when he stopped calling her that.
Oh yeah, I love that one too lol...I pretty much just liked it when he acknowledged her at all...lol
Old 09-07-2014, 08:43 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

Interesting how we all feel differently about it, huh? I LOVE when he calls her Charlie...but then again, in my hometown everyone has a nickname, so I sort of prefer that. Charlie to me just feels more intimate, like he's part of her close friends and gets to call her by her nickname...again, that's just me.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:45 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Interesting how we all feel differently about it, huh? I LOVE when he calls her Charlie...but then again, in my hometown everyone has a nickname, so I sort of prefer that. Charlie to me just feels more intimate, like he's part of her close friends and gets to call her by her nickname...again, that's just me.
I just want to add Gizzi1213 I am in awe after reading your Post. So insightful & you brought up some points that I totally didn't see until you mentioned it. Thanks so Much for joining us & I hope you stay (I'm selfish that way)

As for the "Kid" post I tag(nickname) everyone I get close to that I care about. It's just a name nobody else calls them that we both Like: I have about 5 nicknames, so I agree "Charlotte" just makes me swoon, I love it. I love that he has his own name for her & she responds to it, she softens to it & nobody else calls her that. *Love it*

Last edited by jamieizskye; 09-07-2014 at 08:48 PM Reason: add
Old 09-07-2014, 08:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Nothing further to add, just want to say that I really enjoyed reading everyone else's comments.

This was fun! I'll be back.
So glad you joined us tonight!!! I'll email you tomorrow.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:46 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Oh yeah, I love that one too lol...I pretty much just liked it when he acknowledged her at all...lol
I kind of have to agree with Randi on this one. I was always just over the moon whenever he acknowledged her. Things got pretty desperate for that after a while. So I always took what I could get: a word, a look, a nod, standing in her general vicinity, lol.

But I really do dig when he calls her Charlotte. Honestly, for the exact reason that Ice prefers Charlie. For me, everyone calls her Charlie--even strangers she is introduced to. So for someone to know the root of the name and use it that feels intimate to me. And gosh, the way he says it is just...well, what were talking about?
Old 09-07-2014, 08:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I like it when he calls her Charlie too, but Charlotte just sounds so damn sexy when he says it..lol that's why I like it so much.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:50 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSupreme (View Post)
So glad you joined us tonight!!! I'll email you tomorrow.
Thanks for the invite. I look forward to my Twitter tutorial!

Right now, it's quickly closing in on midnight here and I really need to drag myself off to bed.

Good night everyone. Look forward to seeing you all next week!
Old 09-07-2014, 08:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirish (View Post)
I kind of have to agree with Randi on this one. I was always just over the moon whenever he acknowledged her. Things got pretty desperate for that after a while. So I always took what I could get: a word, a look, a nod, standing in her general vicinity, lol.

But I really do dig when he calls her Charlotte. Honestly, for the exact reason that Ice prefers Charlie. For me, everyone calls her Charlie--even strangers she is introduced to. So for someone to know the root of the name and use it that feels intimate to me. And gosh, the way he says it is just...well, what were talking about?
Exactly!! lol
Old 09-07-2014, 08:51 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Thanks for the invite. I look forward to my Twitter tutorial!

Right now, it's quickly closing in on midnight here and I really need to drag myself off to bed.

Good night everyone. Look forward to seeing you all next week!
I'm @jamieizskye if you ever need any help with twitter just LMK
Old 09-07-2014, 08:53 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Exactly!! lol
OK, OK...I know I'm in the minority here... Hey, if they had gotten together, I don't care if he called her Ralph...just wish they'd hooked up...sigh...

Last edited by IceonFire7; 09-07-2014 at 09:00 PM
Old 09-07-2014, 08:54 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
OK, OK...I know I'm in the minority here... Hey, if they had gotten together, I don't care if he called her Ralph...just wish they'd hooked up...sigh...
That just made me laugh so hard I started coughing...lol
Old 09-07-2014, 08:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I seriously laughed out loud at that. Truer words never spoke!

Well it's midnight here. And I have to be up shortly so I'm going to head to bed soon. I'll check back to see what stories Ice has selected for us for next week. As always, I had a wonderful time with you ladies. Welcome once again to Gizzie, who had some real great insights into the stories. Until next week's rewatch and book club!