Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-21-2014, 08:33 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSupreme (View Post)
I know Ice is probably going to have next week's stories for us in a minute...but I'd like to suggest that we all see if we can invite someone new for next week. Would be fun to expand a little, eh?

And I'll totally comment on the right story also.....
I have 2 #Charloe Shippers that want to participate but can't make the 10ish pm time; I suggested they read the stories & comment whenever possible & then we can comment on what they said & vice versa, What do you think?
Old 09-21-2014, 08:33 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizzi1213 (View Post)
Some flaws? You're more forgiving than I am. As I just stated below, it's the nit picky details that always bug me. They get in the way when I'm writing (if ...WHEN...I get hung up on one, all writing ceases!!!) and even more so when I'm reading. What can I say? I write letters to judges all day, details MATTER people!!!
I'm with you Gizzi!! Totally drove me nuts, the entire story!
Old 09-21-2014, 08:34 PM
New Fan

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
"Didn't know the Marines enlisted 12 year olds" best.comment.ever
takes a bow

I perform once a week at Fanforum...sundays at 10:30 pm.

See you next week!!

I'll see what I can do about inviting someone. Oh...and do we get new stories for next week...or more of this drivel??????
Old 09-21-2014, 08:36 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieizskye (View Post)
I have 2 #Charloe Shippers that want to participate but can't make the 10ish pm time; I suggested they read the stories & comment whenever possible & then we can comment on what they said & vice versa, What do you think?
It Sucks the time zone differences, keep a lot of Charloe FF fans from joining, ya know, because they're asleep when we are having BC! I hate that! Because there are quite a few that would be here if they could!😰😰😰
Old 09-21-2014, 08:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
takes a bow

See you next week!!

I'll see what I can do about inviting someone. Oh...and do we get new stories for next week...or more of this drivel??????
Gizzi.... going to email you something. Would love your thoughts on a little side project I'm working on.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:37 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieizskye (View Post)
Absolutely, Jamie. Anyone can post at any time that they want to. I check back over the week to see if anyone leaves comments

Ok, yeah, there were definitely details that were smoothed over. And not always well.

I know we're going to have many different types of stories here and some are going to be great and some aren't. I'm trying to keep us completely away from stories where the writing and editing are SO bad that it can't even be read. Sorry that some of us hated this...it's always a bit hit and miss with fanfiction.

Anyway, we're going to stick with the story (I'm sorry, Gizzi and Melanie ) So for next week, maybe those of us that enjoyed it can read the rest and get it done. Then our members who didn't like it can only skip the one week. Is that going to be ok for everyone?
Old 09-21-2014, 08:40 PM
New Fan

Quote:
takes a bow

See you next week!!

You are a Funny Lady!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Ice will be back shortly to post this weeks book or books! It just takes a few minutes!
Nice to have you with us! I like your Honesty!πŸ˜‰β€οΈβ€οΈβ€οΈ
Old 09-21-2014, 08:40 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Gizzi.... going to email you something. Would love your thoughts on a little side project I'm working on.
Ok, I'll look for it. Won't be able to read it until tomorrow night though. Have to head off to bed here shortly.

And, Ice, don't worry about it. I'll suffer through as much of the remainder of this story as I can stomach. I don't promise to finish it, but I'll try!!!

Last edited by Gizzi1213; 09-21-2014 at 08:41 PM Reason: spelling is important!
Old 09-21-2014, 08:43 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceonFire7 (View Post)
Absolutely, Jamie. Anyone can post at any time that they want to. I check back over the week to see if anyone leaves comments

Ok, yeah, there were definitely details that were smoothed over. And not always well.

I know we're going to have many different types of stories here and some are going to be great and some aren't. I'm trying to keep us completely away from stories where the writing and editing are SO bad that it can't even be read. Sorry that some of us hated this...it's always a bit hit and miss with fanfiction.

Anyway, we're going to stick with the story (I'm sorry, Gizzi and Melanie ) So for next week, maybe those of us that enjoyed it can read the rest and get it done. Then our members who didn't like it can only skip the one week. Is that going to be ok for everyone?
I'm sorry Ice! You know I ❀️ you girlie! I just didn't like this story, but I'm not finished, I stopped at ch. 6! I'll keep reading it, but I don't know if my feedback will be any different! But I'll look for something positive while I read the rest just for you!
Your the bestπŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ’žπŸ’•
Old 09-21-2014, 08:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

Sounds like a plan!!
Old 09-21-2014, 08:45 PM
New Fan

Quote:

That's Cool with Me & I will let them know tomorrow about posting.
Sweet&Naughty DL Dreams to all
Old 09-21-2014, 08:48 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Ok, I'll look for it. Won't be able to read it until tomorrow night though. Have to head off to bed here shortly.

And, Ice, don't worry about it. I'll suffer through as much of the remainder of this story as I can stomach. I don't promise to finish it, but I'll try!!!
Gizzi, if you hate it, you don't even have to finish it. Like I said, I'm trying to keep it in the realm of readable...cause believe me, there are some I skip over that would have your head spinning. I remember reading this story before and as I was reading through it, I didn't remember that there was that much of a problem with grammar and scene changes the last time I read it. However, the last time I read it, there was not as much Charloe to pick from, so those of us shippers were starved for it.

And Melanie, the same for you. You don't have to read it, if you hate it. I don't want anyone to be unhappy at book club.

Anyway, unfortunately, not all of our writers are going to be top-notch. But I did fall on the side of thinking this was a sweet story myself, so...what can I say....LOL

Alright, we will try to get through the whole rest of the story cause the chapters are short and I think a lot of us already read the whole thing anyway....hahaha.

OK, guys, thanks for being here for another book club. And thank you to Jamie for posting Charloe songs. I'm going to have to look those over.

Good night, everyone, and see you next week!

Last edited by IceonFire7; 09-21-2014 at 08:55 PM
Old 09-22-2014, 04:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Random question.... Does anyone have the link to that not so partial review blog? The writer is wicked clever and I was in the mood to re-read some of her pro-Charloe reviews.... I've read it but always forget to save the addy.

Help.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Random question.... Does anyone have the link to that not so partial review blog? The writer is wicked clever and I was in the mood to re-read some of her pro-Charloe reviews.... I've read it but always forget to save the addy.

Help.
Found this link, hope it helps:

The not so impartial review: Revolution : Missing You (More Charlie and Monroe)

I have to say, wow to Gizzi and Melanie for their very gutsy, cut-throat honesty. As a writer those are comments I fear but also desperately want because I want something that's telling me what I'm doing right and what I'm doing wrong. However, I would like to say that if you do give the author, GraceTakeARisk, your opinions about her story do it in a PM. It's nicer if you don't take her to task so publicly; I'd hate to see someone feel humiliated, especially a follow Charloe lover. I do have to say I agree with a lot of what you wrote, but I also try to find the positive when I comment too.

Question, Ice, are we supposed to still try to come up with a conclusion for this story now? Or are we just going to read it and be done with it?

Last edited by wildirish; 09-22-2014 at 09:37 PM
Old 09-23-2014, 05:34 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirish (View Post)
Found this link, hope it helps:

The not so impartial review: Revolution : Missing You (More Charlie and Monroe)

I have to say, wow to Gizzi and Melanie for their very gutsy, cut-throat honesty. As a writer those are comments I fear but also desperately want because I want something that's telling me what I'm doing right and what I'm doing wrong. However, I would like to say that if you do give the author, GraceTakeARisk, your opinions about her story do it in a PM. It's nicer if you don't take her to task so publicly; I'd hate to see someone feel humiliated, especially a follow Charloe lover. I do have to say I agree with a lot of what you wrote, but I also try to find the positive when I comment too.

Question, Ice, are we supposed to still try to come up with a conclusion for this story now? Or are we just going to read it and be done with it?
Thanks Lady!!