Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-27-2014, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Charlie & Monroe #9: "Those two have such intensity between them that it toys with Charlie's morals in a very dangerous, but exciting way."

Welcome to the 9th
Charlie/Monroe thread

fans
1. walking with spiders
2. Musicchild
3. severalmiles
4. Lutesse
5. PerfectAngel
6. ~MelBelle~
7. aelita
8. mariem201
9. Nici Dawson
10. - Nina -
11. Scorpio1080
12. KeepThisaSecret
13. Jasonsgurl310
14. Annie-Day10♥'
15. MrsDeanWinchester
16. soapyjoes
17. chiarrai87
18. collide
19. neon-tiger
20. hlgreenie
21. Trowells
22. lynaem
23. Charloe
24. Leelala
25. Against_all_odds
26. AllyOop
27. CandyStars121
28. Spacebabe
29. xlennie
30. priya1008
31. Charlie_Monroe fan
32. cherylleigh
33. ring of fire
34. saprater
35. k731
36. Vikram Phalange
37. IceonFire7
38. tina_falls
39. deedee86
40. Famu
41. ThereYoullBe
42. VampFan10
43. LemonSupreme
44. wildirish
45. twilightfan14

honorary shippers
1. David Lyons
2. Tracy Spiridakos
3. Ely Gould
4. Duncan Page
5. Elizabeth Mitchell
6. Ryan Hooks, afterbuzz TV
7. Megan Thomas, afterbuzz TV
8. Francesca Dugan, afterbuzz TV
9. Tracy's aunt in Winnipeg
10. Rockne O'Bannon (on probation)

x

David & Tracy

future titles
"It would be kinda funny and maybe add an interesting layer to the group dynamic"
"In this season so far Monroe had a very interesting chemistry with Charlie. There was definitely a spark, as impossible as that might sound."
"Never give up hope" - Rockne S. O'Bannon
"You’re way better than he deserves." - Duncan
"The Charlie/Monroe scenes are ... always so electric. Those two have such intensity between them that it toys with Charlie's morals in a very dangerous, but exciting way."

Artwork of the Moment

x

Scenes of the Moment

XX

previous threads { 1 } { 2 } { 3 } { 4 } { 5 } { 6 }
OP design and artwork by Nelly.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:45 PM
Extreme Fan

Thank you to MelBelle for setting up the new thread!
Old 08-29-2014, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No problem Ice
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 08-31-2014, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey where is everyone? Are we skipping the rewatch and chat on here
'cause of the holiday?

TFTNT!
Old 08-31-2014, 07:09 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightfan14 (View Post)
Hey where is everyone? Are we skipping the rewatch and chat on here
'cause of the holiday?

TFTNT!
Hey, no we're still here. Everyone was running around a bit I guess. I got home later than expected. But we're finishing the rewatch pretty soon and then we'll be over for the chat.

OK, guys, I guess we can start. I thought maybe this week, we could try a different way of posting and see if it works out better for everyone. We will just post our thoughts on each of the stories all at the one time, on one post. This way everyone can post all their thoughts without interruption. Once everyone has had a turn, then we can have a round for comments and other thoughts. Does this sound like a good idea?

Last edited by IceonFire7; 08-31-2014 at 07:48 PM
Old 08-31-2014, 07:35 PM
New Fan

I'm here! I only read 2 out of the 4 books, so I'm going to just sit back and read what you guys thought about them all! I also want to get this weeks book list so I can catch up!
Love you guys😘🌺✨❤️🌺✨❤️🌺✨❤️🌺✨❤️
Old 08-31-2014, 07:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceonFire7 (View Post)
Hey, no we're still here. Everyone was running around a bit I guess. I got home later than expected. But we're finishing the rewatch pretty soon and then we'll be over for the chat.

OK, guys, I guess we can start. I thought maybe this week, we could try a different way of posting and see if it works out better for everyone. We will just post our thoughts on each of the stories all at the one time, on one post. This way everyone can post all their thoughts without interruption. Once everyone has had a turn, then we can have a round for comments and other thoughts. Does this sound like a good idea?
Sounds Fabulous!!
Old 08-31-2014, 07:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSupreme (View Post)
Sounds Fabulous!!
I agree with Lemon. Sounds like it's worth a shot.

Last edited by wildirish; 08-31-2014 at 07:54 PM
Old 08-31-2014, 07:39 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor5_melanie (View Post)
I'm here! I only read 2 out of the 4 books, so I'm going to just sit back and read what you guys thought about them all! I also want to get this weeks book list so I can catch up!
Love you guys😘🌺✨❤️🌺✨❤️🌺✨❤️🌺✨❤️
I love that idea! Super
Old 08-31-2014, 07:48 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor5_melanie (View Post)
I love that idea! Super
So thoughts on each story: If It Is Broke - It's a bit of a harsher, darker Charloe. Because we're not really sure if there is anything between them but sex. At least until the end when she says "What do you care?" and he responds with "Don't be stupid, Charlie." That right there, told me that he DID care about her. And it's still very hot.

An Ounce Of Blood: This is really not a Charloe per se...but it is the three of them. And I thought maybe at the end, that a bit of understanding was growing between Charlie and Bass. She gives into him a little bit and it seems to clear the air between them a bit.

For The Fairest: I love this one. It is a darker Charlie who has obviously joined the militia. But they wind up together so I still love it. And he calls her kitten...I have squealy feelings here!

An Unlikely Courtship: I love the teasing she does to him here, how he so thinks he's going to get lucky I thought it was kind of a humorous Charloe story and a lot of fun. And I think at the end, he WILL follow her. I think this might be the beginning of a little Charloe cat and mouse.

Anyway, interested to hear everyone's thoughts.

Let's make the order: Lemon, wildirish, mlreeve1, melanie, and twilightfan14 (I'm not sure if you're posting with us or not). OK guys?

Lemon?
Old 08-31-2014, 07:52 PM
Loyal Fan

In order from least to most favorite….
An Unlikely Courtship…. Meh. It was okay. Seemed like a lot of slashy half references which aren’t my thing, and then nothing really happens. Nicely written, just not my favorite.

The Fairest… this one I liked. Loved this bit: ‘You aren’t usually so formal in the bedroom, kitten.’ Yummy. I can so picture Bass calling her kitten. 

An Ounce of Blood… I liked this, but I had to read it a few times to feel that way. I am embarrassed FOR Charlie when she’s being such a bitch to Bass…. And then when she seems to understand, it’s nice. I love that in the end she agrees to let him have some time. This is one that would have been great as a first chapter instead of a one-shot I think. But so it goes on AO3… all these drabbles with no real ending. Bottom line. I liked it.

If it is broke, Don’t fix it… My favorite for the week. Sexy and hot and full of all the emotional back and forth that these two would be bound to experience with each other. Love how they just aren’t going to be able to stop whatever it is they are doing. And the way he sighs at the end…. Don’t be stupid Charlie. b/c obviously he cares…. Sigh

Next is.... wildirish
Old 08-31-2014, 07:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSupreme (View Post)
In order from least to most favorite….
An Unlikely Courtship…. Meh. It was okay. Seemed like a lot of slashy half references which aren’t my thing, and then nothing really happens. Nicely written, just not my favorite.

The Fairest… this one I liked. Loved this bit: ‘You aren’t usually so formal in the bedroom, kitten.’ Yummy. I can so picture Bass calling her kitten. 

An Ounce of Blood… I liked this, but I had to read it a few times to feel that way. I am embarrassed FOR Charlie when she’s being such a bitch to Bass…. And then when she seems to understand, it’s nice. I love that in the end she agrees to let him have some time. This is one that would have been great as a first chapter instead of a one-shot I think. But so it goes on AO3… all these drabbles with no real ending. Bottom line. I liked it.

If it is broke, Don’t fix it… My favorite for the week. Sexy and hot and full of all the emotional back and forth that these two would be bound to experience with each other. Love how they just aren’t going to be able to stop whatever it is they are doing. And the way he sighs at the end…. Don’t be stupid Charlie. b/c obviously he cares…. Sigh

Next is.... wildirish
My thoughts on this week's stories:

I think, in general, it can be said that Corycides always veers to the dark side of #Charloe. "If It's Broke, Don't Fix it" doesn't stray from that particular theme either. I think these lines summed it up, "She hated him; he didn’t think much of her. They still kept doing...this. It wasn’t making love. Hell, it was barely ****ing - more like a fight with a happy ending." But I did enjoy the last bit where Charlie says, "‘What do you care?’ He sighed. ‘Don’t be stupid, Charlie.’" I liked Monroe's last line b/c while it can be taken in the context of "Don't be stupid, Charlie. I don't care." I preferred taking it in terms of, "Charlie, you're being stupid if you think I don't care about you." But that's because I prefer a little sentiment between my Charloe.

"An Ounce of Blood" was nice simply because Miles/Charlie/Bass are my holy trinity in regards to Revolution. So it was a nice little insert to our reads. It wasn't much, but I did like the small, mostly broken and splintering olive branch extended from Charlie to Bass in regards to finding his son. It's probably not considered true Charloe but as Charloe fans we had to hunt and find every moment we could on the show, so my brain is probably just wired to find them anywhere, even in fiction. Lol.

"For The Fairest": Bummer that Nora was the attempted killer, especially when I really liked her with Miles. Bonus points that Miles was clearly okay with whatever arrangement was going on with Charloe here. I like supportive (or at least not going to get in the way) Miles. I liked how the ending part, "‘You aren’t usually so formal in the bedroom, kitten.’" Clearly this shows that there is sentiment between them; a kind of familiarity between them which was a welcome change to Corycides' stories. I will say, "Kitten" is not my favorite nickname for Charlie, in regards to Bass. I prefer "Baby" but maybe that's just because I loved the way DL said it on the show (and it would be so easy to imagine him saying it to Charlie that way too.) But I loved the last part where he promised not to leave her.

"An Unlikely Courtship" was okay, mostly the ending was funny where he's strapped to the bed with a threatening note (or maybe a promising note considering the scene "went dark" before so we don't really know what did or didn't happen between them )

Mlreeve1 is up!
Old 08-31-2014, 08:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirish (View Post)
My thoughts on this week's stories:

I think, in general, it can be said that Corycides always veers to the dark side of #Charloe. "If It's Broke, Don't Fix it" doesn't stray from that particular theme either. I think these lines summed it up, "She hated him; he didn’t think much of her. They still kept doing...this. It wasn’t making love. Hell, it was barely ****ing - more like a fight with a happy ending." But I did enjoy the last bit where Charlie says, "‘What do you care?’ He sighed. ‘Don’t be stupid, Charlie.’" I liked Monroe's last line b/c while it can be taken in the context of "Don't be stupid, Charlie. I don't care." I preferred taking it in terms of, "Charlie, you're being stupid if you think I don't care about you." But that's because I prefer a little sentiment between my Charloe.

"An Ounce of Blood" was nice simply because Miles/Charlie/Bass are my holy trinity in regards to Revolution. So it was a nice little insert to our reads. It wasn't much, but I did like the small, mostly broken and splintering olive branch extended from Charlie to Bass in regards to finding his son. It's probably not considered true Charloe but as Charloe fans we had to hunt and find every moment we could on the show, so my brain is probably just wired to find them anywhere, even in fiction. Lol.

"For The Fairest": Bummer that Nora was the attempted killer, especially when I really liked her with Miles. Bonus points that Miles was clearly okay with whatever arrangement was going on with Charloe here. I like supportive (or at least not going to get in the way) Miles. I liked how the ending part, "‘You aren’t usually so formal in the bedroom, kitten.’" Clearly this shows that there is sentiment between them; a kind of familiarity between them which was a welcome change to Corycides' stories. I will say, "Kitten" is not my favorite nickname for Charlie, in regards to Bass. I prefer "Baby" but maybe that's just because I loved the way DL said it on the show (and it would be so easy to imagine him saying it to Charlie that way too.) But I loved the last part where he promised not to leave her.

"An Unlikely Courtship" was okay, mostly the ending was funny where he's strapped to the bed with a threatening note (or maybe a promising note considering the scene "went dark" before so we don't really know what did or didn't happen between them )

Mlreeve1 is up!

Ok, I know there were some things going on here. mlreeve1 are you ready to post?
Old 08-31-2014, 08:34 PM
Loyal Fan

[QUOTE=wildirish;77774969]My thoughts on this week's stories:

Mlreeve1 is up! [/QUOTE
Ok sorry guys was havi g trouble finding the link now "An Ounce of Blood" I love these three toggether, but I prefer when it is Charloe in a true sense. Was happy that she threw Bass a bone about finding his son.

"For the Fairest" I was so sad that it was Nora but not 100% surprised ....I have to say I loved it when he called Charlie "kitten" and of course the fact that he says he'll never leave her swoon . I agree I always like it when Miles is good with Bass and Charlie being together.

I still have to read "An Unlikely Courtship" I ran out of time busy week even thought these were not long.
Old 08-31-2014, 08:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlreeve1 (View Post)
Ok sorry guys was havi g trouble finding the link now "An Ounce of Blood" I love these three toggether, but I prefer when it is Charloe in a true sense. Was happy that she threw Bass a bone about finding his son.

"For the Fairest" I was so sad that it was Nora but not 100% surprised ....I have to say I loved it when he called Charlie "kitten" and of course the fact that he says he'll never leave her swoon . I agree I always like it when Miles is good with Bass and Charlie being together.

I still have to read "An Unlikely Courtship" I ran out of time busy week even thought these were not long.
It's ok, it happens Glad you liked some of these.

Ok well, twilightfan14, would you like to post?

I will be getting together next week's stories, so give me a few minutes,