Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-27-2014, 08:54 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSupreme (View Post)
NoBachel indeed!! My personal policy is that anytime the charloe haters go crazy about Bachel... I don't say anything to them... but I usually kill Rachel in the next fic I write. They don't know I'm doing it but boy does it make me feel better.
LMAO!! That makes me feel better too! Haha that just made my night. Best revenge.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:58 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCwriter04 (View Post)
Yes! I don't care what the twitter haters say. No Bachel. If it carries on to present day and not just a flashback, I'm out!
The only exception for this rule--which is one of mine--is Whynotitsfun's "Of Endings and Beginnings." But a season 3 full of Bachel, um, no. I'm soo out. I will trade no Charloe romance in the exchange of no freaking Bachel ever. It's like my mantra.

Ice: Your deaths of Miles and Monroe are the only acceptable kind.

Lemon: Feel free to kill Rachel as often as you need. "Dish" seems like a good place for that, lol.

As a writer I try to let the plot go where it needs to even if I desperately want my characters to be together. It's the same with Charloe. It's hard balancing the need to see them together with the work it is required for them to earn it. I read stories that are so good and yet I'm like "Get them together already!" the first paragraph in. Lol. I wonder if we Charloe fans are so impatient because we were kicked around and taken advantage of by the writers.

Jamie: I am SO sorry to hear that you've had a very tough and sad time lately.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
NoBachel indeed!!

My personal policy is that anytime the charloe haters go crazy about Bachel... I don't say anything to them... but I usually kill Rachel in the next fic I write. They don't know I'm doing it but boy does it make me feel better.
And a nod to our biggest noBachel guy, David Rambo! You'd have to kill Rachel in about 300 stories to make up for what he was going to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirish (View Post)
I wonder if we Charloe fans are so impatient because we were kicked around and taken advantage of by the writers.
That's a very good point. As we were being told to hang on and be patient, the writing room was apparently planning the disgusting Bachel thing. But the way the editors and DL & TS were playing it out, how could we have any choice but to imagine it was going to happen.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:00 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
NoBachel indeed!!

My personal policy is that anytime the charloe haters go crazy about Bachel... I don't say anything to them... but I usually kill Rachel in the next fic I write. They don't know I'm doing it but boy does it make me feel better.
I'm with you I never say anything but never Bachel and I really enjoy it when you kill off Rachel its very cathartic is that wrong
Old 07-27-2014, 09:01 PM
New Fan

Quote:
NoBachel indeed!!

I just truly love your post and philosophy on Bachel, it Rocks! and
I truly don't get present or future Bachel at all. It's not a true interpretation of who(Bass) and (Rachel) are. Bass loves Miles more than anyone unless he gives in to his desire/love for Charlie. He would die for Miles; so to say, he's gonna **** all over a lifetime brotherhood over someone(Rachel) you dislike and spent one night with(IMO, it happened because they both had this love for Miles and Bass wanted to get back at him for deserting him) is so pro-posterous to what this whole premise of the show is about. What is endgame then? Watching Miles and Charlie get Drunk every night because Bass & Rachel are Yuck together? I don't want to watch that.
That's like taking a beautiful friendship/brotherhood that has been nurtured forever yet had some ups and downs and saying aww F U
And all the heat with Bass and Charlie. Don't get me started. The constant deep stares, the non-verbal comunication, the way they fight in battle together in unision. The fact that he saves and save her and always comes back and now their gonna say, it meant nothing-NOT BUYING IT
Old 07-27-2014, 09:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieizskye (View Post)
I truly don't get present or future Bachel at all. It's not a true interpretation of who(Bass) and (Rachel) are. Bass loves Miles more than anyone unless he gives in to his desire/love for Charlie. He would die for Miles; so to say, he's gonna **** all over a lifetime brotherhood over someone(Rachel) you dislike and spent one night with(IMO, it happened because they both had this love for Miles and Bass wanted to get back at him for deserting him) is so pro-posterous to what this whole premise of the show is about. What is endgame then? Watching Miles and Charlie get Drunk every night because Bass & Rachel are Yuck together? I don't want to watch that.
That's like taking a beautiful friendship/brotherhood that has been nurtured forever yet had some ups and downs and saying aww F U
And all the heat with Bass and Charlie. Don't get me started. The constant deep stares, the non-verbal comunication, the way they fight in battle together in unision. The fact that he saves and save her and always comes back and now their gonna say, it meant nothing-NOT BUYING IT
PREACH!!!
Old 07-27-2014, 09:07 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieizskye (View Post)
I completely agree with everything you just said here. There is no way that I could seriously believe there is a future Bachel relationship and very little I could believe about a past one. One night of sex means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Their past friendship, I can deal with. But the thought that Bass was harboring feelings for Rachel...NEVER!
Old 07-27-2014, 09:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceonFire7 (View Post)
And a nod to our biggest noBachel guy, David Rambo! You'd have to kill Rachel in about 300 stories to make up for what he was going to do

That's a very good point. As we were being told to hang on and be patient, the writing room was apparently planning the disgusting Bachel thing. But the way the editors and DL & TS were playing it out, how could we have any choice but to imagine it was going to happen.
One, Lemon could do it. She's insanely prolific. Now that I know that's the reason for Rachel's death in Lemon's stories, it's so much sweeter to know she died because of some pro-Bachel basher. Hehe.

Two, I agree. I think the writers actually worked in two separate rooms. Apparently the vents in Rambo's room were pumped full of crazy gas. The other room, with the writer whose name I cannot recall but who told us Charloe fans to hold on and keep the faith, was the only one operating under a semi-working history of their own show's backstory.

The solution clearly is hire fans to be the writers for season 3. We are apparently the only ones paying any attention.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:13 PM
Loyal Fan

[QUOTE=IceonFire7;77187680]And a nod to our biggest noBachel guy, David Rambo! You'd have to kill Rachel in about 300 stories to make up for what he was going to do

David Rambo. grrrrr

I wrote my very first* dead Rachel fic after that interview and dedicated it to him. haha

*first of many, though probably won't make it to 300
Old 07-27-2014, 09:17 PM
New Fan

Quote:
I completely agree with everything you just said here. There is no way that I could seriously believe there is a future Bachel relationship and very little I could believe about a past one. One night of sex means nothing in the grand scheme of things. Their past friendship, I can deal with. But the thought that Bass was harboring feelings for Rachel...NEVER!
I will never understand it. I do know that there were new writers/new direction brought into writers room for Season 2 & Rambo was an original. I had heard there was some divide in room regarding story lines but never heard which ones?

Series Writing Credits
Eric Kripke ... (creator) (42 episodes, 2012-2014)
Paul Grellong ... (13 episodes, 2012-2014)
Matt Pitts ... (11 episodes, 2012-2014)
David Rambo ... (11 episodes, 2012-2014)
Anne Cofell Saunders ... (8 episodes, 2012-2014)
Trey Callaway ... (5 episodes, 2013-2014)
Jim Barnes ... (4 episodes, 2012-2014)
Ben Edlund ... (4 episodes, 2013-2014)
Rockne S. O'Bannon ... (4 episodes, 2013-2014)
Monica Breen ... (3 episodes, 2012-2013)
Melissa Glenn ... (3 episodes, 2012-2013)
Oanh Ly ... (1 episode, 2013)
Ryan Parrott ... (1 episode, 2014) Mustard Gas
David Reed ... (1 episode, 2014)

It just felt to me like a lot of different writers had a different vision/understanding for the characters, the plot, the direction & there were so many plot holes, IMO. If Bachel would happen then their was never any true, clear vision/focus/ of who these characters are and what their journey is and where it takes them and how it impacts them. IDK
Old 07-27-2014, 09:18 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
One, Lemon could do it. She's insanely prolific. Now that I know that's the reason for Rachel's death in Lemon's stories, it's so much sweeter to know she died because of some pro-Bachel basher. Hehe.

Two, I agree. I think the writers actually worked in two separate rooms. Apparently the vents in Rambo's room were pumped full of crazy gas. The other room, with the writer whose name I cannot recall but who told us Charloe fans to hold on and keep the faith, was the only one operating under a semi-working history of their own show's backstory.
That was Rockne O'Bannon and him we like

Ok, guys, not to cut the convo short, but it's getting to be a little later for us east coasters who work in the morning.

Now, last week I said I would go waaaayyy back to the beginning of FF and AO3 to find old Charloe stories, which I did. The first one I really found was one by Corycides, who if anyone has read any of her/his stuff, you will know is a very good writer and a very early proponent of Charloe.

The story I found is 4 chapters, so a little shorter, and I remember it being quite good. But I have two things I need to bring up to you guys to decide if you want to read it or not.

First, there is a little bit of forced sex. However, the forcing seems to be coming from Charlie and Bass doesn't seem all that upset about it.

But let's start there. If anyone objects, I have back-up stories
Old 07-27-2014, 09:21 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
That was Rockne O'Bannon and him we like

Ok, guys, not to cut the convo short, but it's getting to be a little later for us east coasters who work in the morning.

Now, last week I said I would go waaaayyy back to the beginning of FF and AO3 to find old Charloe stories, which I did. The first one I really found was one by Corycides, who if anyone has read any of her/his stuff, you will know is a very good writer and a very early proponent of Charloe.

The story I found is 4 chapters, so a little shorter, and I remember it being quite good. But I have two things I need to bring up to you guys to decide if you want to read it or not.

First, there is a little bit of forced sex. However, the forcing seems to be coming from Charlie and Bass doesn't seem all that upset about it.

But let's start there. If anyone objects, I have back-up stories
I do not object. Poor Charlie. Who could blame her really?

Oh, and this has nothing to do w/ book club... but dish best served cold is stuck at 99 reviews. that makes me sad. hint hint hint

Last edited by LemonSupreme; 07-27-2014 at 09:24 PM Reason: adding
Old 07-27-2014, 09:22 PM
New Fan

Quote:

The solution clearly is hire fans to be the writers for season 3. We are apparently the only ones paying any attention.
I completely agree with every single word you wrote & rockne s. o'bannon kept telling charloe fans to never give up hope. That the deed in new vegas that stays in new vegas has been on bass's mind for weeks and he was gonna confront charlie about it. I have so needed to laugh after this pc bs today and you guys have me rolling ( crazy gas)(Rachel Kills for Bachels)-I'm Lovin' it
Old 07-27-2014, 09:23 PM
New Fan

Quote:
I do not object. Poor Charlie. Who could blame her really?
No objections here either
Old 07-27-2014, 09:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

How could they have been watching the show and thought hey let's get Bass and Rachel together that works..I call BS. It would have ruined every relationship on the show. The idea of Bachel in any form other than a one night stand in Philly is beyond stupid Miles and Rachel made sense I mean they tried for so long to deny their feeling, but it didn't work, and don't get me started on the looks between Bass and Charlie. So yes fan fic writers to the rescue.