Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-27-2014, 08:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSupreme (View Post)
I love the concept behind White Rabbit and its very well written. I am not a super huge fan of angst, and she's pretty much told us from the beginning that there probably won't be a happy ending. I really like happy endings. hahaha Otherwise, I like it*

*This will change if/when she kills off Bass which I think is where she's headed.

Oh, gosh, I knew it was going to be angsty but I thought the endgame was Charloe. Not Bass' death. Ugh. Now I'm not sure if I'm disappointed it's been essentially abandoned.

I understand it's all supposition on Lemon's part. But she does bring up a point about the Prologue which always stuck out to me as bleak and I noticed that again during the reread this week. But if Lemon's (possible) erroneous idea spurs ImmortalPen to start writing again, suppose away Lemon!

And hi to twilightfan14, taylor5 melanie and mlreeve1 and GCwriter04. Welcome to the book club.

Last edited by wildirish; 07-27-2014 at 08:17 PM
Old 07-27-2014, 08:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceonFire7 (View Post)
Hey, welcome twilightfan14, it's actually 13 chapters, so it is a longer one. Although there are some out there that are, what about 40 chapters? You are welcome to comment on the chapter you read, or just hang out here with us and comment on anything you want to

So, for those of us that read and re-read, any thoughts on likes, dislikes, things you enjoyed or didn't enjoy. Even if we love a fic, we may find somethings less to our liking. And we're not here to slam any writers, but anyone can make a criticism or comment. We're all Charloe fans here, so no pressure on anyone.

I will say that as much as I love this fic, I kind of wish she hadn't brought the Monroe Republic back into it so quickly. I wish Charlie and Monroe had had more time to deal with the "fallout" from the dream world before pulling in all the things about the Republic that can rip them apart.
My first time posting here hope I'm doing it right. I agree about the Republic I love this fic as well, but they needed time to cope with other things first. I guess that was the point though the conflict that they both have with what is going on between them and arond them.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:03 PM
New Fan

Hey guys I'm new and I need help figuring this out? Where do I find the book to read , and how to navigate this forum? HELP, WANT TO JOIN INTO THE FUN
Old 07-27-2014, 08:03 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirish (View Post)
I agree. I felt they both needed time to process that b/c it was such a mind *******. I didn't like Monroe keeping her hostage. It felt so wrong to me, especially to rebuild a republic we all know he doesn't want. That said, I could just read and re-read (and have) so many of her dream flashbacks: They were unspeakably good.
I agree about the flashbacks. I find the parts outside of the Blackout so wonderful and well-written. There are things I like about the real Revo world, like Bass realizing that in the dream world, he was so madly in love for the first time in his life. I loved that part.

But, I would have liked to see the real Revo world Charlie and Bass not as much at odds. I understand she is going to struggle with what happened, even more than him, but I wish the Republic hadn't gotten in between them, so to speak. At least, not yet.

Quote:
I love the concept behind White Rabbit and its very well written. I am not a super huge fan of angst, and she's pretty much told us from the beginning that there probably won't be a happy ending. I really like happy endings. hahaha Otherwise, I like it*

*This will change if/when she kills off Bass which I think is where she's headed.
Yes, I understand for a lot of us all bets are off if Bass, Charlie, or Miles die.

And I agree, I can only handle angst in the middle. I generally need a happy ending. And, wildirish, we don't know if she's planning to kill Bass. Right now, we have no idea of her endgame at all.

Also, to twilightfan14, she really is a very good writer.

mlreeve1, you posted perfectly And really good points.

And taylor5_melanie, White Rabbit is a fanfic posted on FF. It is by the author immortal pen. As far as navigating the forum, I can Dm you on Twitter about any questions, if you want.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:05 PM
New Fan

Hi guys! Just joining. Going to catch up on y'all's posts and hopefully jump in the convo! Loved this story. Really could've done without the Rachel parts, but I loved the back and forth between the two worlds. Does anyone know if she plans anymore updates? I feel like the story is unfinished.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Oh, gosh, I knew it was going to be angsty but I thought the endgame was Charloe. Not Bass' death. Ugh. Now I'm not sure if I'm disappointed it's been essentially abandoned.
Well I'm not SURE of course.... just a gut feeling. After re-reading her prologue where she says it's not a love story nor a story of redemption... and it appears to have been written from a point AFTER the story and just sounds sad.... my assumption is its not charloe in the happy ending traditional sense.

If I'm wrong that would be fantastic.

If ImmortalPen is out there reading this... maybe she'll get mad at my assumption and update sooner? Who knows?
Old 07-27-2014, 08:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I agree. I felt they both needed time to process that b/c it was such a mind *******. I didn't like Monroe keeping her hostage. It felt so wrong to me, especially to rebuild a republic we all know he doesn't want. That said, I could just read and re-read (and have) so many of her dream flashbacks: They were unspeakably good.
The hostage thing never sat well with me either. I just can't see the Bass we have gotten to know in S2 doing that, but I do enjoy the AU scenes very much!!!
Old 07-27-2014, 08:10 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Hey, yes, we will continue this over in Couples or elsewhere, but right now, we're hoping we can keep this board open. As of now, I believe the board is staying open, so you should be good, but of course, we'll keep you updated.

And as for going to Comic-Con, OMG, I am sooooo jealous! And you never need an explanation if Comic-Con is your reason.

But the idea of the book club was to get together and discuss, while still leaving it open for anyone who can't make it or lives in a far different time zone. We will post on Sunday night, but anyone can feel free to leave a comment at their convenience. I, and probably other fanfic fans, will pop back in during the course of the week to read any comments that have been added.

Hey, Skylarc, we're meeting Sunday night to discuss White Rabbit. If you want to leave a comment, please do so whenever it's convenient for you. We would love to get as many people involved as possible, but I know time zones make it difficult. So we figured anyone wanting to leave comments could do so at their leisure. That way we can all be a part of the Charloe book club.

And wouldn't it be wonderful if we could get some writers to finish incomplete stories. Maybe, if we read some of their stories, they might see there is interest in it and finish it. We can always hope.

Hope you can join us! We'll be on here Sunday night after the 9:30pm EST Charloe rewatch on Twitter.
I'm in for Charloe Book Club & White Rabbit is one of my favorites but I do need to read it again. I read it over 2 nights at the hospital staying with my mom and there were so many interruptions and grief that I don't think I fully appreciated the Greatness of the Story.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:11 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlreeve1 (View Post)
The hostage thing never sat well with me either. I just can't see the Bass we have gotten to know in S2 doing that, but I do enjoy the AU scenes very much!!!
Me either. It seemed like it was forever too. Poor Charlie. S2 Bass would've never treated her so harshly. Just glad she wasn't prego with Connors baby! 😱
Old 07-27-2014, 08:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Thanks for setting up the new thread, Priya. I never realized that about the posts. We did go a little crazy Sunday night, but we'll try to be more careful in the future we still had a few mess ups with double posting once or twice, but I think everyone is getting the hang of it.

Anyone who is interested in reading along with our little Charloe book club, please feel free to join in. It seems we might be meeting on Sunday nights after the Charloe rewatch. Just leave your thoughts if you can't join in. This week we have chosen White Rabbit as our fanfic read/re-read

White Rabbit: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10215747/1/
If the link doesn't work, its on fanfic.net and by immortal pen.
Here's the link for the new peeps on here!
Old 07-27-2014, 08:14 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Well I'm not SURE of course.... just a gut feeling. After re-reading her prologue where she says it's not a love story nor a story of redemption... and it appears to have been written from a point AFTER the story and just sounds sad.... my assumption is its not charloe in the happy ending traditional sense. If I'm wrong that would be fantastic. If ImmortalPen is out there reading this... maybe she'll get mad at my assumption and update sooner? Who knows?
Lol yes! Hopefully all the new views on her story will inspire her to give us a proper ending. And please don't let it be Monroe's death. I feel like that's where it's leading too. 😞
Old 07-27-2014, 08:14 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCwriter04 (View Post)
Me either. It seemed like it was forever too. Poor Charlie. S2 Bass would've never treated her so harshly. Just glad she wasn't prego with Connors baby! 😱
I agree with You about S2 Bass. He became a broken man back down to the core of who he was pre blackout, I think. He was a gentleman. He looked away when Adam doctored Charlie's Wounds. He just gave out this vibe, air about him that he could be a bad ass and & cut throat when it's needed, but he is a Loyal Man who Craves Love and Acceptance.****, the pizza's burning
Old 07-27-2014, 08:19 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Well I'm not SURE of course.... just a gut feeling. After re-reading her prologue where she says it's not a love story nor a story of redemption... and it appears to have been written from a point AFTER the story and just sounds sad.... my assumption is its not charloe in the happy ending traditional sense.

If I'm wrong that would be fantastic.

If ImmortalPen is out there reading this... maybe she'll get mad at my assumption and update sooner? Who knows?
Ok, I guess I was sort of hoping the prologue was like set waaayyy in the future when Charlie was an old woman. So, yes, it would be sad as she wrote about the things in the past, because, if she was an old woman, Bass would most likely be dead. BUT...if they had a long and happy life together, this kind of angst, I can handle.

And, yeah, none of us has any idea if immortal pen will ever update this thing. Randi was the last one who spoke to her, via e-mail about 3 weeks ago, and she promised Randi that she hadn't abandoned the fic. But who knows if that will all change or not?

And I could definitely see the argument against the hostage thing. I agree, S2 Bass didn't seem to have it in him. Not for someone like Charlie, anyway. And thank God, she wasn't pregnant with Connor's kid. Eww.

Thanks for the link, twilightfan14.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:21 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Lol yes! Hopefully all the new views on her story will inspire her to give us a proper ending. And please don't let it be Monroe's death. I feel like that's where it's leading too. 😞

I know it's just a story but I've experienced to to much personal death lately to handle losing Bass, Just My Opinion.
Old 07-27-2014, 08:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Hi guys! Just joining. Going to catch up on y'all's posts and hopefully jump in the convo! Loved this story. Really could've done without the Rachel parts, but I loved the back and forth between the two worlds. Does anyone know if she plans anymore updates? I feel like the story is unfinished.
There are so many great fics that are floating around unfinished, and I have resorted to begging some of the writers for updates. It does seem to work with some of them there is an update for Devil Inside tonight. I just hope more writers start to realize that we are still here. Also thanks to LemonSupreme for the quick how to for posting here.