Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-11-2014, 08:24 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvMyThesaurus (View Post)
Haha, I should just claim that position as a permanent thing...

In the Mourning
Charlie's introspection was really interesting. I enjoyed this peek into their journey on the way to Willoughby -- still so annoying that apparently they had weeks together that we never got to see! This show...but, I digress. It was lovely, and the metaphors she used were beautiful, especially 'his lying eyes...', as I think Charlie was discovering they weren't lying nearly as much as she would have liked.

At the Beginning
This was cute. I'm one of those people that like little Charlie stories. I agree that it wasn't too deep or anything, just a cute look at Charlie wrapping her two marines around her little finger. The 'Mulan' bit was funny.

Can't Rewind...
I agree this feels unfinished, but as it is, it's still intriguing. Their banter was interesting. Bass wears his pain for everything so close to the surface. I would have liked to have seen more of it.

Being Nice
This was definitely cute and like everyone else, I enjoyed this better than the other fic by the same writer. She definitely toned down some of the heavy metaphor use. It was just an adorable expansion on the tripped-out Monroe. I like that Charlie got left with him and he was all clingy and childlike. His falling out of bed to come find her, and wanting to be fed, and to have her lay with him, and begging for a kiss were too funny. Poor Monroe and his lack of affection/family.

Sorry it took me so long...jeesh...this is becoming a pattern!

I have a question for everyone, have you gals seen the Secret Santa exchange over at the Rev LJ? You don't have to be on LJ to take part...

You know I have a LiveJournal account and I still have trouble figuring out a lot of it...
But can you explain it a little more? What exactly is the Secret Santa exchange?
Old 11-11-2014, 08:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Haha, I should just claim that position as a permanent thing...

Hee-Hee Lemon! I'm really not trying to be a tease. I've been feeling incredibly unmotivated lately. I've still got that smutlet I promised you too! So sorry everyone...

And I'm really crazy, I wanted to upload my pretty covers to my fics and went to do so, only to realize I didn't have them downloaded...

I'm writing this super fast, so sorry in advance for mistakes and nonsense that I may spout.

In the Mourning
Charlie's introspection was really interesting. I enjoyed this peek into their journey on the way to Willoughby -- still so annoying that apparently they had weeks together that we never got to see! This show...but, I digress. It was lovely, and the metaphors she used were beautiful, especially 'his lying eyes...', as I think Charlie was discovering they weren't lying nearly as much as she would have liked.

At the Beginning
This was cute. I'm one of those people that like little Charlie stories. I agree that it wasn't too deep or anything, just a cute look at Charlie wrapping her two marines around her little finger. The 'Mulan' bit was funny.

Can't Rewind...
I agree this feels unfinished, but as it is, it's still intriguing. Their banter was interesting. Bass wears his pain for everything so close to the surface. I would have liked to have seen more of it.

Being Nice
This was definitely cute and like everyone else, I enjoyed this better than the other fic by the same writer. She definitely toned down some of the heavy metaphor use. It was just an adorable expansion on the tripped-out Monroe. I like that Charlie got left with him and he was all clingy and childlike. His falling out of bed to come find her, and wanting to be fed, and to have her lay with him, and begging for a kiss were too funny. Poor Monroe and his lack of affection/family.

Sorry it took me so long...jeesh...this is becoming a pattern!

I have a question for everyone, have you gals seen the Secret Santa exchange over at the Rev LJ? You don't have to be on LJ to take part...
I think I have an LJ account, but I don't understand how to use that site at all...however, I'm always down for writing more... Give us the details.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:34 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm not too good with LJ myself, go figure. It's still a work-in-progress for me...

Basically, it's a gift-exchange where by agreeing to sign up, it means you will provide a gift (i.e., write a story, make a vid or graphic, etc.) tailored to fit a specific person, and you will receive a gift tailored to fit you. You list what characters/relationships you are willing to create for and you want to receive, what characters you DON'T want to see in your gift, what genres you are comfortable with (and not comfortable with), and some ideas for scene/theme you'd like to receive, and the LJ mods match you up accordingly.

I hope that made sense. I'm operating on about 2 hours of sleep.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:36 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I'm not too good with LJ myself, go figure. It's still a work-in-progress for me...

Basically, it's a gift-exchange where by agreeing to sign up, it means you will provide a gift (i.e., write a story, make a vid or graphic, etc.) tailored to fit a specific person, and you will receive a gift tailored to fit you. You list what characters/relationships you are willing to create for and you want to receive, what characters you DON'T want to see in your gift, what genres you are comfortable with (and not comfortable with), and some ideas for scene/theme you'd like to receive, and the LJ mods match you up accordingly.

I hope that made sense. I'm operating on about 2 hours of sleep.
Sounds like fun! How would a person who doesn't navigate LJ sign up?
Old 11-11-2014, 08:41 PM
Loyal Fan

For example, last year I wrote 'Just Like Meteor Showers...' for the Secret Santa Exchange. I was given a list that had *gulps* Riles on it, but luckily the same person (who is a total sweetheart, aside from the strange Riles love) also liked Charloe and requested the Geminid Meteor Showers as one of her options of things to be included. You have a lot of latitude with the creative part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSupreme (View Post)
Sounds like fun! How would a person who doesn't navigate LJ sign up?
From Merscilla, one of the mods:
"They can log in with OpenID or stay anon as long as they leave either their tumblr name or email (see under R&C Contact) so that we can contact them."

There is a specific layout/form to sign-up to the exchange to make it easier for the mods to match people up.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
For example, last year I wrote 'Just Like Meteor Showers...' for the Secret Santa Exchange. I was given a list that had *gulps* Riles on it, but luckily the same person (who is a total sweetheart, aside from the strange Riles love) also liked Charloe and requested the Geminid Meteor Showers as one of her options of things to be included. You have a lot of latitude with the creative part.

"They can log in with OpenID or stay anon as long as they leave either their tumblr name or email (see under R&C Contact) so that we can contact them."

There is a specific layout/form to sign-up to the exchange to make it easier for the mods to match people up.
Awesome!! Gonna have to do that.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:44 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:

Well, that sounds interesting...but it's more than just Charloe, is that right? Cause I sort of have to write Charloe and only Charloe.

I'm getting the list for next week together right now, guys.

Last edited by IceonFire7; 11-11-2014 at 08:49 PM
Old 11-11-2014, 08:50 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceonFire7 (View Post)
Well, that sounds interesting...but it's more than just Charloe, is that right? Cause I sort of have to write Charloe and only Charloe.
Yes, it's open to everyone, but the mods do a really good job of matching people up accordingly. When you list what characters/pairings you would create for and list what characters/pairings you want to receive in return, you have to list at least 3. Since you just want to write Charloe (and I'm guessing want to receive it), you could list it as: 1. Charloe 2. Charlie 3. Bass, or something similar. You could end up with a character introspection/graphic for Charlie or Bass themselves, but you would have a good chance of getting something related to Charloe, as there are a lot of Charloe fans on the site.
Old 11-11-2014, 08:59 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yes, it's open to everyone, but the mods do a really good job of matching people up accordingly. When you list what characters/pairings you would create for and list what characters/pairings you want to receive in return, you have to list at least 3. Since you just want to write Charloe (and I'm guessing want to receive it), you could list it as: 1. Charloe 2. Charlie 3. Bass, or something similar. You could end up with a character introspection/graphic for Charlie or Bass themselves, but you would have a good chance of getting something related to Charloe, as there are a lot of Charloe fans on the site.
Interesting...can you tell them what you don't want...

OK, here's the list for next week.

Saving Monroe by Eliver Published 11/13/13 One Chapter One Shot

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9843911/1/Saving-Monroe

Simmer Down (And Pucker Up) by kathrynthegreat Published 11/13/13 One Chapter One Shot There will be smut.

Simmer Down (And Pucker Up) - kathrynthegreat - Revolution (TV) [Archive of Our Own]

Someday My Pain Will Mark You by Quentanilien Published 11/17/13 Three Chapters

Someday My Pain Will Mark You - Chapter 1 - Quentanilien - Revolution (TV) [Archive of Our Own]

Okay, so next week, I will be out of town (I have tickets to see Billy Burke in Ghost Brothers of Darkland County; yes, I am geeking out ) But Lemon has very sweetly promised to run book club for me. So I am gonna miss you guys, but I will be back two weeks from now...

Thank you all for attending...another successful week here!
Old 11-11-2014, 09:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

Simmer Down (And Pucker Up) by kathrynthegreat Published 11/13/13 One Chapter One Shot There will be smut.

Simmer Down (And Pucker Up) - kathrynthegreat - Revolution (TV) [Archive of Our Own]

Someday My Pain Will Mark You - Chapter 1 - Quentanilien - Revolution (TV) [Archive of Our Own]

Okay, so next week, I will be out of town (I have tickets to see Billy Burke in Ghost Brothers of Darkland County; yes, I am geeking out ) But Lemon has very sweetly promised to run book club for me. So I am gonna miss you guys, but I will be back two weeks from now...

Woo Hoo!! Pretty excited that there will be smut the week I get to run things...
Old 11-11-2014, 09:07 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

Feeling very jealous right now, but I hope you have a great time. We'll miss you!!
Old 11-11-2014, 09:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Ice and Lemon, did any of those songs work for you?

Quote:

Thanks for the stories! I hope you have an awesome time at the show...make sure to report back for all of us.

You can definitely list what you don't want.

Be Aware, there is a deadline for both signing up for the exchange and for posting your gift!

Here's the form for everyone to see that might be interested in the exchange:

Livejournal Name:

Contact: [State if we should contact you via LJ PM or tumblr PM or email]

Request
My gift preferences: [Please list at least three mediums you would like to RECIEVE. Options are: fic, icons, wallpaper, vids, gifs, picspams, graphic, fanmix, etc.]

My themes/prompts: [Please list at least four prompts for your Author/Artist to choose from. It can be a one-word prompt or a whole scenario.]

My characters/pairings: [Please list at least three character(s) and/or pairing(s) you like.]

I don't want to receive: [Please list the character(s), pairing(s), genre(s), situation(s), etc. you DON'T want to see in your gift.]

Offer
What I'm willing to do: [Please list what type of gift you would like to CREATE. Options are: fic, icons, wallpaper, vids, gifs, picspams, graphic, fanmix, etc.]

Characters/Pairings I'm okay with: [Please list which character(s) and/or pairing(s) you're willing to write/create.]

Genres I won't write: [Please list which genres you don't want to write like death!fic, smut, fluff, rape, self-harm, crack, etc.]

If you go to the Rev LJ site, you can see how everyone has filled them out.
nbc_revolution: Revolution's Secret Santa 2014
Old 11-11-2014, 09:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Ice and Lemon, did any of those songs work for you?

Thanks for the stories! I hope you have an awesome time at the show...make sure to report back for all of us.

You can definitely list what you don't want.

Be Aware, there is a deadline for both signing up for the exchange and for posting your gift!

Here's the form for everyone to see that might be interested in the exchange:

Livejournal Name:

Contact: [State if we should contact you via LJ PM or tumblr PM or email]

Request
My gift preferences: [Please list at least three mediums you would like to RECIEVE. Options are: fic, icons, wallpaper, vids, gifs, picspams, graphic, fanmix, etc.]

My themes/prompts: [Please list at least four prompts for your Author/Artist to choose from. It can be a one-word prompt or a whole scenario.]

My characters/pairings: [Please list at least three character(s) and/or pairing(s) you like.]

I don't want to receive: [Please list the character(s), pairing(s), genre(s), situation(s), etc. you DON'T want to see in your gift.]

Offer
What I'm willing to do: [Please list what type of gift you would like to CREATE. Options are: fic, icons, wallpaper, vids, gifs, picspams, graphic, fanmix, etc.]

Characters/Pairings I'm okay with: [Please list which character(s) and/or pairing(s) you're willing to write/create.]

Genres I won't write: [Please list which genres you don't want to write like death!fic, smut, fluff, rape, self-harm, crack, etc.]

If you go to the Rev LJ site, you can see how everyone has filled them out.
nbc_revolution: Revolution's Secret Santa 2014
Hey, I still have not gone through the songs. I am so sorry...I've been writing a bit this week for a second story I'm thinking of publishing alongside Dream. But I will go over them and get back to you on it. I should get your e-mail so I can let you know when we've done it...you will get credit for recommending the songs

And yes, I'm very excited about the show. But my college roommate lives outside of NYC, so she's close to a lot of exciting events. And we're both huge fans of Stephen King as well. I will definitely let all you guys know about it.

Thanks too for the in depth info about the Secret Santa thing.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Lemon thanks for filling in next week while Ice is busy (we'll miss you Ice)!

Seriously, I'm so weird about the lovely covers you made me. I already thought I'd gotten them from you...this is what happens when you exist on 2-3 hours of sleep for days on end. My mind is a confuddled place.

Quote:
Hey, I still have not gone through the songs. I am so sorry...I've been writing a bit this week for a second story I'm thinking of publishing alongside Dream. But I will go over them and get back to you on it. I should get your e-mail so I can let you know when we've done it...you will get credit for recommending the songs

And yes, I'm very excited about the show. But my college roommate lives outside of NYC, so she's close to a lot of exciting events. And we're both huge fans of Stephen King as well. I will definitely let all you guys know about it.

Thanks too for the in depth info about the Secret Santa thing.
It's not a problem about the songs. I haven't had much time to check the site in the last couple days. And I don't need credit, as I was just trying to contribute...and I was bored (just trying to be truthful), haha. I mean, you can if you want, but tis not necessary.
Old 11-11-2014, 09:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Lemon thanks for filling in next week while Ice is busy (we'll miss you Ice)!

Seriously, I'm so weird about the lovely covers you made me. I already thought I'd gotten them from you...this is what happens when you exist on 2-3 hours of sleep for days on end. My mind is a confuddled place.

It's not a problem about the songs. I haven't had much time to check the site in the last couple days. And I don't need credit, as I was just trying to contribute...and I was bored (just trying to be truthful), haha. I mean, you can if you want, but tis not necessary.
Send me your email via fanfic messaging or PM me here and I'll send you all the files.