Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-04-2014, 08:24 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieizskye (View Post)
I also mad a mad dash to read & get my thoughts down on paper but I didn't have a chance to finish Out into The Dark but Here's my thoughts on these stories.
Sorry, but I didn't get to polish them either.

Charloe Book club Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Time Lapses
Lethally
Summary:
“Come on Charlotte, don’t tell me you’ve never kissed a guy! Make it look real.”
Work Text:
Her wide blue eyes are looking up at him, shocked by surprise, her lips unresponsive against his.
He backs off, eyes dropping over her pink lips and the sliver of tongue that wets them,
“Come on Charlotte, don’t tell me you’ve never kissed a guy! Make it look real.”
Then he goes right back to kissing her, his hands buried in her light brown hair, his hips flush against hers and she finally starts responding to his kiss, giving as good as she gets, her hands roaming over his chest and back, fisting at his v-neck and pulling him closer, her thigh between his legs.
He bites at her jaw and suddenly it is not a pretend game anymore, she moans loudly as his tongue fights with hers, her slim hand palming at his crotch, while he picks her up, both hands on her ass and presses her against the wall, his thumbs rubbing circles at her waistband.
They barely hear the men who were chasing them pass them by without a second look at the two lovers hidden in an alley and kissing like they want to be one.
He leans harder against her to free one of his hands and starts rubbing her through her jeans, when a gunshot is heard and suddenly she is pushing against him, putting some distance between them, he steps back and they share a look.
The time out is over, and they’re back at playing hide and seek. But everytime he glances at her while they run he can see her puffed lips and the beginning of beard burn on her cheeks, while she can see through his collar the bite marks she left on his neck.
They are still enemies turned allies but not just that anymore, they have been intimate and the other’s taste is unforgettable now, a hole in their stomach already bringing awareness to this feeling of want, hot desire, this craving that is growing by the second
Cute one-shot & I loved the visual image of Charloe in a dark alley pretending to be lovers to hide from the patriots. I liked how her innocence in the kiss was quickly given way to a heated desire for more when he skillfully bitt at her jaw. I always love the scenario of Bass & Charlie having to pretend to be Lovers & desire just takes over from there. Nice Read 

Mostly Dead Man Walking
Monroe & the threat of Lethal Injection always has me reading on the edge of my seat. It’s interesting how the whole gang knew that Charlie wouldn’t be ok with letting Monroe die. I always love Charlie’s badass take charge side & we saw plenty of that in the first half of Season 2 & then in the 2nd half of Season 2, she was quiet & took a back seat to Miloe & Gene & Rachel’s decisions, for the most part.
I would have loved to have seen more of the trio of Miles, Charlie, & Bass..JustSayin..
I teared up reading The scene with Bass being paraded down Main Street as she describes him as basically a Prized Tiger once Wild, Beautiful & Powerful that has now had it’s spirit completely broken until that Moment.
That Moment when Bass’s eyes Lock with Charlie’s & the two share such understanding & emotion without saying a word . I can just see that exchange on repeat in my head. Charlie & Bass just empty their souls into one another in just one long deep look. Charloe is such a powerful couple & how some writers couldn’t see that is beyond me. Charloe is magic in a bottle. They may not fit right on paper but in every way that matters in this post-apocalyptic world they are two halves of one whole.
“Right, because that’s what that look was all about. “ Aaron’s incredulous sarcasm seemed to strike a nerve.
“We’ll find a way she Soothed”I love the closeness between Charlie & Miles and their mutual desire to save Bass. Season 2 Miles & Charlie seemed so disconnected most of the time because of Rachel & I hated it.

Charlie, you say it’s not about Monroe but I think you know deep down it’s all about Monroe and saving him will be also saving a part of yourself that would die too.
I Love how Aaron is involved in the planning of saving Monroe. In Season 2, he was mostly off doing his own thing & I missed his moments of bewilderment while he’d still have the knowledge of a Genius when discussing & carrying out scenarios.

I thoroughly enjoyed Charlie’s basically- a slap in the face- to Rachel about how her selfishness is out of control & Charlie’s not having it anymore. Oh, & I liked that she TOLD Rachel they were going to save Monroe.
“Just be careful Charlie. That son of a bitch will probably start to grow on you if you give him half a chance”Miles’ words are so true here. Monroe has even grown on Aaron but I enjoyed the underlying message that Miles would begrudgingly accept Charlie getting closer to Bass.

Sorry, Crazy Week & this is as far as I got to read but I can’t wait to read everyone else’s thoughts.

Thank God for CharloeTuesday, BookClub, & thegoodshipcharloe.com-Works way better than X*** to calm me down after a crazy day.

My fav quote to this point is:
“Just be careful Charlie. That son of a bitch will probably start to grow on you if you give him half a chance
And I felt like SciFiDVM always has a great grip on who these characters are, how they think, what they feel, how they interact, that seem so true to who they are in the show but she also takes them to the next level that we all craved from the show but didn’t get.

Ok, sorry if this review seems detached but I just read some more while waiting for book club to start & it doesn’t surprise me that Rachel decides to put her wants, needs, Hatred before Charlie & before Miles to kill Monroe. B*tch! Sorry, no, I’m not sorry that’s just how I feel.
I wanted Bass saved so I was Happy when Rachel dug him up & we realized she saved him but something about it just didn’t ring true. I prefer Aaron-He Can Burn **** Up (I think, been long day)saving the day with a little assistance from the fireflies.

Before she could get out the door, his voice called out to her, “Charlotte.”IMO, what a powerful way to end a story.

The Glint of Light on Broken People

I can see Halloween being Bass’s favorite Holiday and the flashback of him & Miles in junior high egging the principal’s house was such a great glimpse into how this pair always did everything toghether.
Bass’s description for the most part: Truer words have never been spoken to summarize how Halloween is celebrated at adult’s only parties.
“It was a real peach of a holiday”
The Smut is great. Bass is such a tease describing hot sex, jeans jerked down, dirty type sex.
“You don’t know me Charlotte. Maybe she did after all.”
Sex with Monroe
That would be a great prompt for a story.
OK, guys, awesome thoughts all around....but I have to address wildirish's question about the possibility of his comments in Glint and how Charlie didn't follow through on anything just like her mother. I didn't get the Bachel feel from this...maybe because my brain just refuses to acknowledge it as anything more than just a bad one night stand that was a horrid mistake.

But really what I got out of it was him using it as a way to taunt her, Charlie, I mean. He seemed to enjoy that with Charlie, teasing her and trying to rile her up. I equate it as a little boy picking on the girl he likes...seems like that's Bass's way of showing her affection. Because I don't think either of them are ready for more at this point in time. So he taunts her with, your mother couldn't follow through either, but I did really think he meant killing him. And I think the real point is to compare her to her mother, knowing that digs at her.

Any other thoughts on the stories for tonight...I'm going to be getting the other stories ready for next week...
Old 11-04-2014, 08:30 PM
Loyal Fan

This has nothing to do with book club but is fan fic related... I just want to give a shout out to my friend Michelle (mlreeve1) for always commenting on stories without fail and being a super supportive reader. It's people like you, my friend, who help get me through the writer's block and other obstacles that come up daily.

So thanks.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSupreme (View Post)
This has nothing to do with book club but is fan fic related... I just want to give a shout out to my friend Michelle (mlreeve1) for always commenting on stories without fail and being a super supportive reader. It's people like you, my friend, who help get me through the writer's block and other obstacles that come up daily.

So thanks.
Well thank you ...I love reading your stuff and other Charloe writers as well, and I think you guys all deserve recognition for the stories you write that's why I always try and review.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceonFire7 (View Post)
OK, guys, awesome thoughts all around....but I have to address wildirish's question about the possibility of his comments in Glint and how Charlie didn't follow through on anything just like her mother. I didn't get the Bachel feel from this...maybe because my brain just refuses to acknowledge it as anything more than just a bad one night stand that was a horrid mistake.

But really what I got out of it was him using it as a way to taunt her, Charlie, I mean. He seemed to enjoy that with Charlie, teasing her and trying to rile her up. I equate it as a little boy picking on the girl he likes...seems like that's Bass's way of showing her affection. Because I don't think either of them are ready for more at this point in time. So he taunts her with, your mother couldn't follow through either, but I did really think he meant killing him. And I think the real point is to compare her to her mother, knowing that digs at her.

Any other thoughts on the stories for tonight...I'm going to be getting the other stories ready for next week...
I actually agree with you that that was the author's intent and that's how I actually interpreted the scene. However, what I was referring to was an impression I had from it (which I chose to ignore for the sake of the whole story for obvious reasons). I don't know if it's just how it's all crammed in there together or their wording that brought that to mind. I am diametrically opposed to Bachel too. And I run from it faster than a marathoner.

Lemon, I am terribly sorry I have been so remiss lately. I'm trying so hard to catch up on various things and I haven't read a word of fanfiction all week long except for these stories rather hurriedly today. But I want you to know that I truly love your writing and your ability to craft a story. I promise to make it up to ASAP my friend.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirish (View Post)
I actually agree with you that that was the author's intent and that's how I actually interpreted the scene. However, what I was referring to was an impression I had from it (which I chose to ignore for the sake of the whole story for obvious reasons). I don't know if it's just how it's all crammed in there together or their wording that brought that to mind. I am diametrically opposed to Bachel too. And I run from it faster than a marathoner.
I think we all run from it as fast as we can screaming!!!!:
Old 11-04-2014, 09:00 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildirish (View Post)

Lemon, I am terribly sorry I have been so remiss lately. I'm trying so hard to catch up on various things and I haven't read a word of fanfiction all week long except for these stories rather hurriedly today. But I want you to know that I truly love your writing and your ability to craft a story. I promise to make it up to ASAP my friend.

Well, I don't think you're alone in that, wildirish, and maybe I glossed it over cause I just don't even want to think about Bachel at all. Or maybe my mind just totally ignored it cause it's automatically set to avoid and ignore anything Bachel related...But I'm so sorry if any of the stories ever bring to mind Bachel for anyone...Ugh, my intention is never to cause any of us that kind of trauma

Ok, here are the stories set up for next week. We have four again and as usual, all are pretty short.

In The Mourning by batfiction. Published 11/5/13 One Shot revolving around Dead Man Walking

In the Mourning - batfiction - Revolution (TV) [Archive of Our Own]

At The Beginning (As You Wish) by Hatake Kai. Published 10/28/13 Two chapter pre-Blackout
Charlie and Bass

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9801197...ou-As-You-Wish

Can't Rewind Now We've Gone Too Far by Hatake Kai. Published 11/5/13 One shot Sequel to At The Beginning

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9823478...r-Life-is-Pain

Being Nice by Rusalka Girl. Published 11/7/13 One chapter one shot after Dead Man Walking

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9828791/1/Being-Nice

I know we've had another by Rusalka Girl that did not seem to come across as everyone's favorite, but I remember this one and I believe it was much better. Hope you guys give it a shot.

Also, forewarning to everyone. At The Beginning is little Charlie and Bass....there is nothing of a sexual nature in it, but I do know some people have been avoiding that sort of thing in the wake of the SC scandal. I just want to give you a heads up on that, so everyone can make their own call. Can't Rewind, the sequel, is Charlie and Bass in the modern world of Revo, so there may be more Charloe in that. I do believe you can just read the sequel if you choose and it would not be hard to follow along.

Ok, well, here's to another awesome Charloe book club everyone...hope you all enjoyed it and thanks for being here!

Hey Thesaurus just arrived!!! Thesaurus, do want to get in on this? Post any thoughts if you want to!!!!
Old 11-04-2014, 09:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Sorry I wasn't able to join in tonight everyone! I've been busy with the election.

I really enjoyed everyone's thoughts on the stories and I'll definitely try to join in next week.

Bachel...yuck...thinking about it leads to the dry heaves...

Thanks for the stories for next week Ice!
Old 11-04-2014, 09:11 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvMyThesaurus (View Post)
Sorry I wasn't able to join in tonight everyone! I've been busy with the election.

I really enjoyed everyone's thoughts on the stories and I'll definitely try to join in next week.

Bachel...yuck...thinking about it leads to the dry heaves...

Thanks for the stories for next week Ice!
Ok, just wanted to give you a chance to post if you wanted to. But we'll catch you next week!

See everyone then!!!
Old 11-04-2014, 09:14 PM
Loyal Fan

I don't have anything written up, so I definitely won't make everyone wait. Plus, my mind's running in other directions tonight. Perhaps I'll post in the next couple days, but thank you!

ETA:Lemon and Ice, did you have a chance to check out the songs I suggested? I hope some of them work.

Last edited by ILuvMyThesaurus; 11-04-2014 at 09:33 PM
Old 11-04-2014, 09:32 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I don't have anything written up, so I definitely won't make everyone wait. Plus, my mind's running in other directions tonight. Perhaps I'll post in the next couple days, but thank you!
OK, and I will go over the songs you sent me in the next couple days. Sorry I haven't done that yet, but I will. Thanks for sending them along. We're always interested in Charloe songs
Old 11-04-2014, 09:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
OK, and I will go over the songs you sent me in the next couple days. Sorry I haven't done that yet, but I will. Thanks for sending them along. We're always interested in Charloe songs
I hope they work out for the site!

There's never enough Charloe inspiration and I need some for my fanfic, which has gotten a bit stuck lately, haha. Although fingers crossed for the second chapter of 'Those Answers We Sought'.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:48 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I hope they work out for the site!

There's never enough Charloe inspiration and I need some for my fanfic, which has gotten a bit stuck lately, haha. Although fingers crossed for the second chapter of 'Those Answers We Sought'.
Ooh, crossing my fingers for you...I'm sure we all are, as we'd all love another chapters of 'Answers'
Old 11-04-2014, 10:00 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Ooh, crossing my fingers for you...I'm sure we all are, as we'd all love another chapters of 'Answers'
It's completely written, I just have to wrangle my editing urges for the Pervy parts. My Bass-muse is forcing me to keep those bits in.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:12 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
It's completely written, I just have to wrangle my editing urges for the Pervy parts. My Bass-muse is forcing me to keep those bits in.
Oh, I think you can keep those in...most of us won't mind
Old 11-04-2014, 10:27 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSupreme (View Post)

So thanks.
Lemon, I love your works & I'm glad you posted this thank you to Melissa about always leaving comments after reading your works. I am Guilty of reading FF and wanting to leave comments but struggling to convey my honest, helpful opinion of the story. Maybe it just takes baby steps & I will moving forward be sure to leave comments about my feelings & thoughts on the works. It really has been quite selfish of me to indulge in these wonderful stories & not posting comments b/c Leaving Comments is new to me but if you will bear with me & my comments while I become more familiar with conveying my thoughts. Thanks Again for your Fab Stories- There are many crazy days when late at night I just escape into Charloe FF & it mellows me out.