Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-29-2014, 01:59 PM
Addicted Fan

Charlie & Monroe | Charlotte & Sebastian #5: Because of all the guys to screw, she chose a Monroe

Welcome to the 5th Charlie/Monroe thread

fans
1. walking with spiders
2. Musicchild
3. severalmiles
4. Lutesse
5. PerfectAngel
6. ~MelBelle~
7. aelita
8. mariem201
9. Nici Dawson
10. - Nina -
11. Scorpio1080
12. KeepThisaSecret
13. Jasonsgurl310
14. Annie-Day10♥'
15. MrsDeanWinchester
16. soapyjoes
17. chiarrai87
18. collide
19. neon-tiger
20. hlgreenie
21. Trowells
22. lynaem
23. Charloe
24. Leelala
25. Against_all_odds
26. AllyOop
27. CandyStars121
28. Spacebabe
29. xlennie
30. priya1008
31. Charlie_Monroe fan
32. cherylleigh
33. ring of fire
34. saprater
35. k731
36. Vikram Phalange
37. IceonFire7

honorary shippers
1. David Lyons
2. Tracy Spiridakos
3. Ely Gould
4. Duncan Page
5. Elizabeth Mitchell
6. Ryan Hooks, afterbuzz TV
7. Megan Thomas, afterbuzz TV
8. Francesca Dugan, afterbuzz TV
9. Tracy's aunt in Winnipeg
10. Rockne O'Bannon (on probation)

x

David & Tracy

future titles
"It would be kinda funny and maybe add an interesting layer to the group dynamic"
"In this season so far Monroe had a very interesting chemistry with Charlie. There was definitely a spark, as impossible as that might sound."
"Never give up hope" - Rockne S. O'Bannon
"You’re way better than he deserves." - Duncan
"i think there's something so wrong about it that makes it right." -Tracy Spiridakos

Artwork of the Moment

x

Scene of the Moment

previous threads
{ 1 } { 2 } { 3 } { 4 }

OP design and artwork by Nelly.

team Brooklyn ..CM..CS..FO..MN..DB.. Life is short; let's play a song.

Last edited by priya1008; 05-01-2014 at 05:11 PM
Old 03-29-2014, 03:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

I love new thread and the tittle, thank you!!!!
Old 03-29-2014, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Beautiful
TFTNT
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:43 PM
Extreme Fan

Woop Woop new thread
Old 03-29-2014, 05:13 PM
New Fan

So I've been listening to that episode 18 trailer over and over again, and I'm almost certain the voice that screams "Charlie" is Aaron's.

Anyhoo, does anyone else think Charlie was being a bit harsh on Monroe in the last ep? I mean, as I saw it, he really had no other choice. They didn't have the facilities nor manpower to create a prison (not to mention that poor logic of a decision like that with no fortified home base and a stronger opposing force). Would she rather he left the wounded to die a slow death? Or that one of the survivors give away valuable information about who led the attack and with what resources? They set the scene up to show his sociopathic side, but what I saw was no different than what I'd read in history books about wars in primitive civilizations.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by saprater (View Post)
Anyhoo, does anyone else think Charlie was being a bit harsh on Monroe in the last ep? I mean, as I saw it, he really had no other choice. They didn't have the facilities nor manpower to create a prison (not to mention that poor logic of a decision like that with no fortified home base and a stronger opposing force). Would she rather he left the wounded to die a slow death? Or that one of the survivors give away valuable information about who led the attack and with what resources? They set the scene up to show his sociopathic side, but what I saw was no different than what I'd read in history books about wars in primitive civilizations.
exactly
I hate when they make "villains" to do what has to be done and because of it show them jerks
Old 03-29-2014, 06:40 PM
New Fan

I saw this episode as this. Charlie has been involved in this war for a lot longer than Conner. Yet he comes in and Bam Monroe is ready to give him the keys to the kingdom ect. I see it as she knows Conner has a soft side and divide and conquer. She used her feminine whiles on him to toy with him and now she showed him who his father is. I Think Charlie was fine with what Monroe did. She herself slaughtered many that night and had just as much blood on her face. I think at this point she may subtlety want Conner to move on. I could be wrong though.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by saprater (View Post)
So I've been listening to that episode 18 trailer over and over again, and I'm almost certain the voice that screams "Charlie" is Aaron's.

Thanks for the new thread Priya!
---
I definitely felt they were judging Bass as "General Monroe". Charlie has said it already that war is war. I think he did the right thing, what was he suppose to do, drag the remaining two already injured patriots away?
Also, I keep saying, I swear she was tearing up when she looked at Monroe and said to Connor about being sure he wanted to follow that? Why tear up? This may be a long shot, but I see no other reason for the tear up(especially since she herself had just been murdering people left and right), I think she had become emotionally involved in the good sided Monroe that was said he was trying to help, and when she saw him go back down a bad path(which I don't think was necessarily bad), she immediately sees it as him going back to being the General.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:48 PM
Supreme Fan

Thanks for the new thread!
Old 03-29-2014, 10:20 PM
Addicted Fan

ITA with what everyone is saying about Bass's actions in the last ep.

basically they are either bringing the General back, or trying to depict a realistic picture of war. and after listening to David's SXSW interview and the show's partnership with the UN, I'll choose to believe the latter, Charloe shipping goggles or not.

I still think if we get a S3 they will make the nanotech the big bad, not Bass.

I'll update the OP's gif when I am back in front of my computer next week. just wanted to get a new thread up for people to keep posting.

team Brooklyn ..CM..CS..FO..MN..DB.. Life is short; let's play a song.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:44 AM
Extreme Fan

Why can't the nano tech just go away...FAR AWAY!!!!

I see someone on this thread got the concept for Season 3: Nano Tech versus Mankind!!!!!

This is the end of the world type of situations. Monroe is the best option because he has what it takes. Compassion in a world like this will get you killed. Rachel should have thought about compassion for mankind when she invented the nano. But t the time she was just thinking about saving Danny, who had troubles at birth.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm so tired that they blame Monroe in all bad, showing (underlining) him killing people, when it is a war and other members of group killed to, but they show Monroe as big bad tiran :@
Old 03-30-2014, 03:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

I agree. It's get old that Bass is constantly blamed, especially since they have all killed.

I just read a story on fanfiction that I thought chapter 5 was excellent. Exactly how I see Charlie and Bass. Good story so far. Here is a link:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10215747/1/White-Rabbit
Old 03-30-2014, 03:31 PM
Extreme Fan

Is anyone tired of Conner following around Charlie like a lost puppy???
Old 03-30-2014, 03:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by priya1008 (View Post)

I still think if we get a S3 they will make the nanotech the big bad, not Bass.
I see that as a possibility too, but I hope they'll surprise us with a new big bad. Bass was the main in season 1, Nantech partially season 2, they need to find something grander. I wish they'd find a way to involve other countries...to show what's going on over seas.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.