Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2014, 09:55 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think anybody wants them together.
Well, maybe one peep.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I heard a bit actually did, which is why I believe they had them at least kiss once in season 2.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 09-20-2014, 09:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~MelBelle~ (View Post)
I heard a bit actually did, which is why I believe they had them at least kiss once in season 2.
Really? WEll ok, I'll take your word on that 'cause everyone
I follow on Twitter is definitely on the NO side of this pairing.
I'm only against it really because she and Miles belong together!
Old 09-21-2014, 12:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yep, I've heard quite allot of different fans.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 09-27-2014, 06:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightfan14 (View Post)
Really? WEll ok, I'll take your word on that 'cause everyone
I follow on Twitter is definitely on the NO side of this pairing.

I'm only against it really because she and Miles belong together!
You should have seen Tumblr after the Rachel/Monroe kiss aired. The people over there had a collective meltdown.

Rachel/Monroe shippers do exist (I know 3 people that shipped them), but IMO, the fanbase was way too small for it to have made an impact on the producers. In general, I don't think the writing staff of this show let themselves be swayed by what the fans think. If they did, Charlie and Monroe would have become canon and characters like Rachel and Aaron wouldn't have been featured as much as they were.
Old 09-28-2014, 11:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^I agree if they listened more to what the fans thought, allot of storylines may've been altered.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 12-14-2014, 11:01 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~MelBelle~ (View Post)
Bless you, Mel!

Yes, I think the writers were aware of the people who wanted Rachel and Bass together. I'm just not sure that's the reason they decided to make Rachel and Bass canon.

I still think it was to shock the viewers, since the majority of the audience didn't expect such a reveal. But I also think the writers always had the Rachel/Bass thing on their minds. I still remember David Rambo and his "off into the sunset together hand in hand and plant a garden somewhere" comment about Rachel and Bass back in season 1. The way their scenes together were written kind of shows it. And David Rambo basically confirmed it when he talked about the "fireworks" between Rachel and Bass. It probably wasn't something the writers noticed just now. They noticed it since the beginning of the show and were thinking about exploring their relationship sooner or later.

I think it was always on the mind of the actors too, since Liz and David said that they always played Rachel and Bass as being attracted to each other. Liz described the 'night in Philadelphia' reveal as "long time coming". I have the feeling Liz always thought Rachel and Bass slept together. And David too. They didn't seem surprised at all when they're talking about it.

What's frustrating is that we'll never get to see it. Finally they would go deeper into their relationship and the show was cancelled. I'll be forever frustrated about it.

Anyway, the board is closing and I'd like to finish this thread with their final moment together. This scene was awesome and must be here.

X

I was very happy they had this final scene together in the last episode of the show. A glimpse of what could happen with them in season 3. A glimpse of hope for their relationship. That maybe Bass could redeem himself and Rachel could forgive him someday.