Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2013, 02:20 AM
Extreme Fan

Yes, it's a cute gif. I totally didn't expect to see a blooper with them, so it was a very nice sweet surprise.

By the way, if you haven't seen the season 1 bloopers, you can watch it here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann357 (View Post)
I too hope they will have more dialog when the show returns. They have such chemistry and history...we need more.

To me, they have the best chemistry on the show.

And yeah, lots of things happened between them that shouldn't be forgotten. Mostly after the blackout. I think before they were just friends probably because he was Miles' best friend? I can't see it being much different than this even though I often wonder how deep was their friendship.

I wonder if we're going to get more flashbacks of the militia. Some good things could come out of those militia days, if the writers wanted it. I mean, Rachel spent 4 years (probably more since we don't know when Rachel's fake death happened) seeing only Bass. During the most recent years of her life he was the only person she could have a "proper" conversation. Even if she doesn't want it, even if she hates it, it creates a connection between them.

It's the same for Bass, actually. At least after Miles left. Jeremy was there too, but Bass had to be the general with him. Bass could only be himself with Rachel.

I guess the only flashback we will get to see is of Rachel's fake death. Bass was probably the one who faked her death.

By the way, it's hiatus time, so I decided to watch the "Enemies of the State" web series because it had lots of Bass. And I didn't know that Rachel was mentioned. I had no idea!

Okay. I liked to watch the web series. And I think it changes my perception of Bass. A little bit. And also it confirms some things regarding Rachel's fake death. Or at least her imprisonment.

It basically confirms Bass decided Rachel would become his prisoner before Miles tried to kill him. Bass says Miles didn't know Bass had her. Which is why Bass thinks Rachel is not the reason Miles tried to kill him.

It confirms Bass became obsessed with turning the power back on before Miles tried to kill him. Actually, one militiaman tells Tom that's one of the reasons he (militiaman) wanted to see Bass dead.

So I guess Bass got out of control and became obsessed with power when those rebels attacked Miles and Bass when they were together inside the restaurant. It makes sense, it is obviously a trigger for him. The trauma is huge. When he lost his whole family for the first time, he tried to kill himself. When he lost his family for the second time, he destroyed an entire camp with innocent people. When he almost lost his only family left for the third time, he became heavily overprotective of Miles and killed the rebels' entire family and started to get obsessed with power.

I guess that's when Rachel became exclusively his prisoner. 10 years after the blackout. I can't see it being before this event. Bass seemed to be relatively okay before that rebel attack that almost killed Miles (and Bass).

She seems to have spent some time (maybe months) in a restricted area (in a cell) before Bass locks her inside a nice room.

Or maybe Rachel was in this restricted area during some years under Miles' orders too. Because this whole 'turning the power back on' thing was a secret. Tom had no idea about it. Tom had no idea about Rachel too.

This web series kind of answers why Bass would fake Rachel's death. He seems to have faked her death because that would be the only way Miles wouldn't know Bass had her. And because he obviously was obsessed with turning the power back on by then and wanted to get information from her. Bass said she was being uncooperative, which means he probably thought if he tried to get information from her by himself, she would cooperate. Miles seemed to be the one trying to get information out of Rachel during her first years with them.

That being said, I don't think he did it to hurt Miles. He wanted the same thing as Miles. Turn the power back on. But since things weren't working the way they wanted, Bass decided to do something crazy that became crazier yet after Miles tried to kill him. It is related to what happened with Miles inside the restaurant. Or at least to what Miles wanted. Remember everything he ever did for the miltia was because of Miles.
Also, I won't be surprised if that's one of the reasons Miles tried to kill Bass. Because Rachel "died".

Well, that's my take on Rachel's fake death. Based on the things that happened on the show and on the "Enemies of the State" web series that I finally watched.

Old 12-22-2013, 09:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveJules! (View Post)
Yes, it's a cute gif. I totally didn't expect to see a blooper with them, so it was a very nice sweet surprise.

By the way, if you haven't seen the season 1 bloopers, you can watch it here:

It is, and I hope there will be more in season 2. Especially during Monroe's death and drugged up scenes
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 01-14-2014, 03:33 AM
Extreme Fan

Oh yes, druggie Bass must be part of the bloopers. Actually, it should be a special feature on the DVD. So we could see all the funny behind the scenes from this scene.

This was definitely one of the funniest and most adorable moments from the show. Thanks to Rachel.

Loved all the Rachel/Bass moments in the episode.

Rachel mentioning that she would have to help him find his son after Bass killed her son. Bass deserved to hear this, really. But you can see all over his face that Danny's death hurts him too.

All the Connor/Charlie discussion. It was funny. Rachel was having fun with it. Don't think Bass was hurt by it. He didn't seem to be hurt. And I think he understands all the anger she feels towards him and he accepts her hate because he deserves it. Rachel is the one person that can say anything bad to him and he won't get mad. It has always been like this. Don't think she really believed what she was saying though. She's more of a free will woman. And she knows there is Emma too. So Connor couldn't be just like Bass because he's his son. Also Rachel knows the old Bass. She knows he wasn't a bad person before the blackout. It's just her trying to get to him. I also think Rachel lashes out at him because otherwise she won't be able to live with herself, since it's obvious she blames herself for Danny's death too. I actually liked the way Bass made a joke with her comment. The "Charlie will grow up to end the world" thing was hilarious. Only Bass to have the courage to tell it to Rachel's face that she ended the world. They are much more similar than different. And then he used what she said to convince Connor to leave Mexico. That was nice.

The scene inside the wagon was so awkward, but I liked that Bass agrees with Rachel.

Probably it was just me, but I felt there were little moments when Rachel sympathized with Bass. When they're asking about Connor and the man closes the door in their faces is one of those little moments. She wants to look at him and sympathize with his frustration, but hesitates because of Miles. Inside the bar too, when Bass is making jokes about the town while confronting Connor, Rachel is looking at him and gives a half smile, but stops because of Miles. It's weird with Miles around. Rachel doesn't feel completely comfortable, like she was in the Tower, for example.

I love that Rachel calls him Bass only when she is speaking with him. When she speaks about him with someone else, she calls him Monroe.

So Rachel thinks she and Bass are like gasoline and a match. So many other ways Rachel could have said she and Bass can't be together in the same place... my shipper mind couldn't help but think about the song "Gasoline and Matches".

Baby, baby, baby, baby, listen what I say
Baby, baby, baby, baby, let me have my way
I'm gonna keep on knockin' till the door unlatches
You and me are gasoline and matches

Baby, baby, baby, baby, when it's cold and dark
Baby, baby, you make me make me feel a spark
Yeah I feel a spark and the fire catches

You pull my pin and you trip my wire
You come in and set my heart on fire
You knock me out, you rock me off my axis

Baby, baby, baby, baby, when you make your move
Baby, baby, baby, baby, I can feel your groove
The resistance of a strong willed man's in ashes

You pull my pin and you trip my wire
You come in and set my heart on fire
You knock me out, you rock me off my axis
You and me

Baby I'm incarcerated and I don't want out
Baby we should get related cause there ain't no doubt
When your heart and my heart attaches

To me, that's the Rachel and Bass song from now on. And my new favourite song too.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really do hope they find a way to be able to work with each other again.
Thanks for sharing the song, I hadn't heard that one before.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Mel, I'd really like to thank you for being so kind and reply to this thread and put up with my Rachel/Bass obsession. Signs of a great person and moderator. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~MelBelle~ (View Post)
I really do hope they find a way to be able to work with each other again.
I have the feeling the writers want Rachel to keep on hating Bass, so I'm not sure if we're ever going to see any progress in this relationship, unfortunately.

I actually would like to see something different. Or at least instead of seeing Rachel saying "you killed my son", I'd like for her to ask "why or how did you feel or have you ever thought how would I feel or thought about our friendship". Because I have the feeling Bass is very hurt by the result of his actions too. He is not happy that Danny died because of him. And I'd like to see Bass pushing her buttons too, maybe asking why Danny was fighting with rebels, who allowed him to do such a thing given his inexperience. Because Rachel blames herself too, so it would be nice if the writers went back to this too instead of making her blame Bass all the time. Which she has the all right to do, but it gets too old if that's the only angle explored. However, in this last episode, specifically, it made lots of sense because she was helping Bass find his son.

If Danny's death creates new layers for these two characters and we actually see progress in their discussions, then it's good to keep on mentioning this. If it's just Rachel hating on Bass, then it's the same thing over and over again.

I'd like to talk about Miles. He's important. Because he loves both Rachel and Bass. There is no doubt. He cares deeply about both of them. Just look at his face when Bass was "executed". He wanted to die together with Bass.

So I devoted some time to think about why exactly Miles wanted Rachel to go with them. I want to believe what he said to Rachel was just an excuse and he's hiding his true feelings. That's typical Miles. It makes sense.

My headcanon for Miles is that he wants Bass around because he loves Bass. The thought of losing Bass ("I do that, he will never go back") is not a good thought at all. So he decides to go with Bass. And he wants Rachel to go with them because he wants Rachel and Bass to get along (and she speaks spanish). Or at least to try to be in the same place together without fighting.

I think I'm just realizing that Miles might be the biggest Rachel and Bass shipper on the show. When I say shipper, I obviously meant to say that Miles is the one person that would love if Rachel and Bass could have some sort of understanding and friendship again.

Of course, Miles is never going to say those things to Rachel or Bass. So we'll never know.

Well, obviously, I'd like Rachel and Bass to have some sort of friendship again because of themselves, not exactly because of Miles, so I like that Miles will probably never tell them about his feelings. And maybe I should start to sympathize with Miles more.

Quote:
Thanks for sharing the song, I hadn't heard that one before.
You're welcome. It's not a very well known song. That's the original song. There are some versions of this song around. LeAnn Rimes did a version of this song. She sings it with Rob Thomas (from Matchbox Twenty). The video for the song is just so freaking cute. With a can of matches and a gas pump. And they "live explosively ever after" (words of the video director). Yes, I did search for the video description details.

Here's the video, if you want to check it out.

Rachel definitely shouldn't have said something so shippy. It's messing up with my shipper mind.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Mel, I'd really like to thank you for being so kind and reply to this thread and put up with my Rachel/Bass obsession. Signs of a great person and moderator. Thank you!
No problem

Quote:
I have the feeling the writers want Rachel to keep on hating Bass, so I'm not sure if we're ever going to see any progress in this relationship, unfortunately.
This episode has me thinking something else now.

There were really good scenes from this week's episode with these two. I think Rachel is finally coming to the forgiving end.
I wish there's gifs sets for them, but not.

The scenes I liked were, when she saw him being whipped - she was so bothered by it. After her complaint about having to save Bass earlier in the episode, I thought she would've looked numbed to the whole him being tortured. But she wasn't.

Another scene, was when they were escaping and she saw the marks bleed through his shirt on his back....that scene was so I don't know, maybe it was the whole episode itself just had allot of Monroe awesomeness in so many directions.

And I agree; if Rachel were to bring up the death of her son again, I would like more depth then her always saying, "you killed my son" The way she says it is being to feel more as a punishment on herself rather than on Monroe...and if that is how the writers are taking it I wish they'd be more clearer. But I doubt that's the angle they're going at.

Same with Miles. I would like them to become friends again in their own terms, not because of their relationship with Miles.

Thanks for the link. Love Matchbox Twenty.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:21 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
No problem
You're lovely!

Quote:
Thanks for the link. Love Matchbox Twenty.
You're welcome. I like Matchbox Twenty and Rob's charming voice a lot too.

Quote:
Same with Miles. I would like them to become friends again in their own terms, not because of their relationship with Miles.

Yes, there was some very subtle, but nice moments between Rachel and Bass in this last episode.

I like that Rachel is seeing what Bass is going through. I like that he's paying for all his bad deeds against her and Rachel is experiencing/feeling his suffering. Because he definitely has to pay for everything he did against Rachel and her family.

I actually really liked to see Bass being whipped and that Rachel watched it.

She seemed to be feeling a bit sorry for him. Bothered, really. It seems she's thinking that Bass being whipped by his own son is a bit too much, even for Bass.

Rachel is a good person and all, but I'm sure if it was Tom or Strausser being whipped, she wouldn't give a damn. Maybe she wouldn't even watch it. She would just do what she was supposed to do.

She watches it and feels uncomfortable with it because it's Bass, IMHO.

It's similar to the moments before Bass was executed. She was conflicted about it because even though she's going to fake his death, there is always the possibility of things not going according to the plan and Rachel as a scientist/engineer knows this better than anyone. So when he's injected and is about to die you can see some conflicting emotions on her face.

It just reminds me that we have yet to see Rachel's fake death.

I liked the way she looked at his wounded back while he's almost falling down. She's seeing and feeling all his suffering.

She was probably thinking "This is so going to get infected. You dumbass! Please, be shirtless". I obviously wanted Rachel to take off his shirt and take care of his wounds. If she was all alone with him in a peaceful place, she would do it.

I also liked that Rachel watched Connor being held hostage by Nuñez while Bass was asking him to not hurt his son. What goes around comes around.

And of course, the scene between Rachel and Connor. Because she asks him why he is helping her and she gets to hear that Connor is helping her because Bass helped Connor. So she gets to hear from Connor himself that Bass did something good to help his son.

I still think the writers want Rachel to keep on hating Bass. Besides, as much as I love them together and want to see some sort of understanding between them, I think Bass doesn't deserve it yet. He has to do much more to earn her acceptance.

Bass probably thinks he doesn't deserve anything from Rachel at all and I'm fine with it. But I'd like to see more from Bass' side. Rachel saved him twice now. If it wasn't for Rachel he would be dead. Yes, Charlie was very important, but Rachel had the final and pivotal decision. She could let him die, but she didn't. Bass showing some sort of gratitude would be nice. Or really doing things for Rachel because he feels he has to make up for the bad things he did. Doing things for Rachel without second intentions would be great.

But who knows what the writers want to do with Bass or Rachel/Bass. In my mind, because of everything he did against her, Rachel is pivotal for Bass' redemption arc.

Yes, I'd like to see some progress on the whole Danny subject. Rachel said to Charlie that she (Rachel) was the one to blame for his death, so that's a fact that she blames herself for Danny's death. But unfortunately the writers don't go much deeper into this. The same way they don't go much deeper into Rachel's redemption arc. I mean, Rachel deserves a redemption arc as much as Bass. There are many aspects of Rachel's character they should explore, but unfortunately they don't go much deeper into those things.

I also think another reason for Rachel hating Bass so much is because it was Bass, of all the people, who killed Danny. She said this to him inside the bunker. "You... you murdered my son". It's all very subtle, but it's there.

Old 01-23-2014, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^yes last week's episode was a GREAT Bass episode for his relationship with basically everyone close to him I loved his scenes with Connor, Miles, and Rachel...each had a separate meaning of their relationship with him.

I really like how the writers are writing his character this season, he just has so much to offer and I felt they lacked it in season 1.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 01-27-2014, 04:41 AM
Extreme Fan

I love how they looked at each other here.

X

I like how Rachel is just listening to what Miles is saying, but is looking at Bass. It's like she's waiting to see his reaction, then she looks at Miles. Or she's thinking "you're going to help me find my family now, like I helped you find your son".

And I like how Bass looks at Rachel right after Miles says they cleared out. Because he looks worried. It's like he knows this is serious and he wants to help her now because it's her family and she helped him find his family.

I felt Bass genuinely wanted to help Rachel during this episode. His face when Connor says he's not going to Plague-ville. He didn't seem to be pleased with Connor's reaction. And especially when he said "this outbreak is serious, kid". It seemed so genuine. Like he really wanted to help.

I don't think he was doing this because of Miles or only because of Miles. What he said to Connor was an excuse to convince Connor. I truly believe it was because of Rachel. Just based on the way he looked at her in this gif I posted.

Rachel seemed okay with Bass being around too, but I guess it's because she was very worried about her family, especially Gene, and the outbreak. Or it could be because she got to see Bass being tortured and suffering in Mexico. Maybe all this exposure to Bass and his adversities made her change her mind a little bit about him.

Either way, I feel Rachel is going to value what he did in this episode more than his other good actions. Because of Gene's situation.

I also feel Bass actually values what Rachel did too. Going to Mexico against her wish and actually helping him find his son after what he did to her son.

I could be totally wrong. But I actually saw a little bit of progress between Rachel and Bass during this episode.

If only they talked more with each other, so we would know for sure.

I love to see them sharing looks anyway. Keep looking at each other. Please!

Quote:
I really like how the writers are writing his character this season, he just has so much to offer and I felt they lacked it in season 1.
I always liked the broken lost soul Bass. That's why I fell in love with him. But I like how they're writing Bass too, Mel. The paranoia and crazy is gone. He seems happier, much more relieved and free now without the weight of the Monroe Republic. They're redeeming him, but he continues to be ruthless when he's fighting, he kills people easily and he has his selfish moments. He's not becoming a good good person. He will always have a little bit of a dark side and I like it very much. But at least he's doing good things. He's helping instead of destroying.

I'm just a little bit worried about this whole 'let's bring the Monroe Republic back' idea. I really really hope Bass is lying to Connor just to bring him to his side. I want to believe Bass values more family/love than power and actually wants his son to be a better person than he was. I actually felt this when he said to Connor that we all have sad stories, but we have to bury them deep and move on. At the same time, he wants to give something to his son and he seems very annoyed that he has nothing to give to Connor, so that's dangerous. He has lots of love to give to his son though. Hopefully Connor will realize that's enough.

And I really don't know how Bass would bring the Monroe Republic back anyway. I mean, Philadelphia and most of the Monroe Republic is blown to smithereens, right? So one more reason to think Bass is lying. Now that I think about it, Rachel really destroyed the Monroe Republic. Not the way she wanted to do it, but she did it.

Old 01-29-2014, 01:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

loved that scene when they glanced towards one another -- I really hope the writers continue with this new level of tolerance towards one another, it's an step up, which will hopefully lead back to respect and maybe friendship someday.

Agree I'm glad that Bass hasn't said much more about the MR, and I'm hoping it was just to lure Connor away from Mexico to follow him...give him a choice, and hopefully will learn all the MR mistakes on the way and maybe that's what Bass really wants Connor to see. just a thought.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:08 AM
Extreme Fan

Yes, it would be great if they could have some sort of friendship again. Or at least trust and respect each other. They have some issues to work out though. Many things to talk about. What I would give to see Rachel and Bass alone having more heart to heart talks. Wished they talked more with each other.

It's not impossible for them to trust and respect each other again. Bass is helping Rachel a lot now. With second intentions or not, but he's helping. And it looks like he wants to gain her trust too. Not only Miles' trust. Just look at the way he is worried about what Rachel will think if she finds out what happened between Charlie and Connor. And the way he takes care of Charlie. Basically, the same way Miles took care of her. And how he advices Charlie to not get herself killed. IMHO, it has a lot to do with what he said to Rachel inside the bunker. That he doesn't want to be responsible for another one of her kids to get hurt/killed.

I just don't want them to be indifferent to each other. I'd rather see Rachel hating Bass forever than seeing indifference between them.

I was disappointed to see Rachel and Bass being separated from each other in this episode. I was really enjoying their little glances and interactions. But then Bass got to meet Duncan and the disappointment went away.

Well, we got to see Rachel telling that she doesn't trust Bass and Connor. Not even a little.

I really believe Rachel is lying to herself. I mean, if she doesn't trust Bass not even a little, she wouldn't let Charlie hang out with him. She also wouldn't wonder if she should be worried. She would actually be completely worried. And she wouldn't sent Aaron and Cynthia to Bass, so he could take care of them. It was her decision. Although she didn't have much of a choice, that's true. But she is smart enough to have other ideas. Her first idea was to sent them to Bass. So she trusts him a little bit, but she won't admit it.

The same way Bass will never admit that he missed Rachel when she got away from the militia.

The same way they won't admit they hate and desire each other at the same time. At least when they're alone. Especially when they were locked in Independence Hall.

I thought it was funny that Rachel is staring at Connor and Bass with a knife in her hands.

Quote:
Agree I'm glad that Bass hasn't said much more about the MR, and I'm hoping it was just to lure Connor away from Mexico to follow him...give him a choice, and hopefully will learn all the MR mistakes on the way and maybe that's what Bass really wants Connor to see. just a thought.
I like your way of thinking, Mel. That's what I like to think too. That Bass actually wants Connor to become a better person than Bass himself. Let's hope we're right.

Old 02-05-2014, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That is very understandable, and I do hope that's one of Bass' tops of keeping his (in a way promise) to not let another one of Rachel's children lost.

Yeah I think she was trying to just get under Bass' skin when she said she didn't trust Connor, I mean she barely knows the kid. Miles hadn't seen Connor in YEARS and he still trusts him...so I'm guessing after that travel the three of them had heading to Mexico helped ALLOT with Bass' and Rachel's relationship.

I really do hope so. After all the past scenes we've seen of Monroe he is a good guy, and he needs something to spark that out of him again. Another reason I love Connor's character because I think Connor is just the one to help him back on the right path.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:08 AM
Extreme Fan

That's what Bass said:

No matter what I've done to you before, you've got to believe me, I don't want to let another one of your kids get hurt. I will help you.

[...]

I will save Charlie, I swear.

And that's what he's been doing since then. Saving Charlie. So yeah, it's a promise in a way. Although Bass basically wanted to convince Rachel to let him get out of the bunker alive so he could see Miles, I believe what he said is genuine. I think he feels bad about being related to Danny's death. He's almost crying when he says to Rachel "I'm sorry. No more excuses. I know exactly how much blood is on my hands". Rachel is crying too because of Danny, but also because she is identifying herself with Bass. "That little boys' blood, the millions like him, it is on our hands. [...] I don't know if I can live with it". It hurts to be like the man she hates. It's not surprising that she wants to die with him. Then she regrets it because of Charlie.

Oh Mexico. I actually miss Mexico. And I'm probably the only one.

At first I thought seeing Rachel, Bass and Miles alone was completely awkward and I wasn't fond of it. Then in episode 11, I started to appreciate the three "amigos" together. And in episode 12, I really enjoyed them because Miles and Bass were working together to help Rachel. Well, at least I felt that Bass genuinely wanted to help Rachel (it wasn't simply because of Miles) just based on the way he looked at her when they found out that Gene/Charlie/Aaron were gone and the way he was considering the outbreak a serious thing.

I'd like to see more of Rachel, Bass and Miles alone. I don't think this will ever happen again though. Maybe we will miraculously get some militia flashbacks.

The truth is that as much as I have a hard time to sympathize with Miles, I have to admit that these three characters are way too connected with each other. Rachel is the constant reminder of their (Bass and Miles) horrible deeds and the only one that knows both of them since before the blackout. Bass is the friend who's become an enemy and keeps affecting their (Rachel and Miles) lives for the good or the bad. Miles is the one they love and the ghost between some of the Rachel and Bass interactions during the Independence Hall days. In a weird way, Rachel is between Bass and Miles, Bass is between Rachel and Miles and Miles is between Rachel and Bass.

I think Mexico was good for Rachel and Bass. I was having a hard time to understand why Rachel had to go with them to Mexico. Just because Miles professed his love for Rachel doesn't mean she would have to go with Miles everywhere and agree with everything he wants her to do. Hell, who am I kidding? Maybe to the writers that's exactly the case. Anyway, then I realized (since we got nothing about Rachel and Miles besides the cuddling?) that maybe the purpose of Rachel going to Mexico with them was to expose Bass to Rachel. For Rachel to see how much he cares about his son and is desperate to meet him. To hear that Connor wants to help Bass because Bass helped him. To see Bass being tortured and suffering. Rachel makes sure to remind Bass that he's not a good person and doesn't deserve anything good and Bass reminds her that she's done horrible things too. That they're not so different. So Rachel gets to hear that too.

But who knows if the writers actually want to expand on those little interactions and evolve their relationship. I honestly don't think so.

I loved their brief interactions in Mexico anyway. Rachel and Bass conversations are always delightful to watch. There is often something very real and meaningful behind the things they say to each other. I think they affect each other to the core. And the subtle gestures and glances that suggest there is more about their relationship than just plain hate are very engaging too.

I found this pretty gifset of Rachel and Bass with a wonderful quote...

"Bass is always nearby. With his office attached to my room, I'm at his disposal whenever he wants me. He owns my time but at least he's company, even in the middle of the night. Don't write him, not about that: the days he ignores me are so much worse, so long and lonely."

x

Those gifs! This window scene always brings me feelings.

The quote is from a fan fic that I may or may not read. It's about Rachel and Miles exchanging letters during the militia days. It sounds interesting and I love letters, but it's Rachel and Miles, so... I'm not sure. Mel, maybe you'll like it, because you love Rachel and Miles.

Oh and it's adult content. Just warning to be careful.

Anyway, the bolded part of the quote is basically my headcanon for Rachel during her captivity days with Bass. I think that's how Rachel dealt with her loneliness and loss of personal agency. I started to think this way after Liz said she researched for Stockholm Syndrome to play Rachel during captivity and she also said that Bass was like a saviour to Rachel in a twisted way, since he was the only one she could talk to. So it's better to have Bass around than not having anyone around. Although she would never admit it to Bass.

That's good. And it becomes really good if you think about Bass and his pleasure to talk with Rachel because she knew the old Bass and reminded him of the old Bass. So he could be himself with her. There is also the whole thing that David said about playing Bass as wanting family love from Rachel.

And it's undeniable that being four years seeing each other everyday or almost everyday and maybe even wanting to see each other almost everyday creates a connection and intimacy between them, whether the writers want to explore this or not. They obviously don't want to do it. Anyway it doesn't nullify the connection and intimacy. Especially when you think about the former friendship too.

Old 02-22-2014, 09:33 AM
Master Fan

^Thanks for posting the gifs
Old 02-23-2014, 04:11 AM
Extreme Fan

You're welcome, Anne.

I was surprised to see a gifset of Rachel and Bass on Tumblr. And such a beautiful gifset with this amazing quote from Rachel's POV. Really nice surprise. It rarely happens.

Okay, so one journalist who had the opportunity to visit the set of Revolution invited by Warner Bros. wrote a report about it on her blog and she mentioned the following:

Quote:
The action on Revolution moves fast, even if the characters often have the same arguments and stand-offs (for the record, both Billy Burke and Mitchell admitted they did not believe their characters could ever kill Monroe, despite threats otherwise and despite all of the terrible things he has done to their family-- maybe blood is not truly thicker than water...).
Source

Miles himself said it to Bass on the show. So we all knew that Miles never would be able to kill Bass.

With Rachel is different, she never admitted this on the show. But there are lots of signs that made me always think she would never be able to kill Bass too. Just like Miles, she is affected by their past friendship even if it wasn't as deep as the friendship between Bass and Miles.

Rachel had lots of chances to kill Bass, but she didn't. If she really wanted to do it, she would have just thrown the grenade. She could have used the coil gun to kill him inside the bunker. She had him under her control. She knew how to open the door. She could have easily killed him, if she wanted. And then get out of the bunker by herself like nothing had happened. But she can't do it, because he's not Tom. He's not some random militia guy that murdered her son. He's Bass and they used to be friends. He was almost family. So she can't do it.

As much as Rachel wanted to kill him and wanted to see him dead, she can't do it. She lets him go.

When she faked his death, she is very conflicted too after he says "I'm sorry" and that's very telling. She knows he's going to survive. It's her plan. But what if things go wrong? What if he doesn't survive? So the possibility of Bass really dying because of her makes Rachel feel conflicted.

I believe she saved his life because of Charlie, like she said, but it was also because of herself too. Rachel wouldn't be able to deal with it. Not only because of Charlie and Miles, but because of her very own past friendship with Bass.

That's one of the reasons why I didn't like when Miles got in front of her when Rachel pointed the gun at Bass. Because I was sure she wouldn't be able to kill him. I'd like to have seen it actually happening on the show.

It would be amazing and perfect if she admitted this to Bass. But I don't think this will ever happen.

Anyway, I always believed that Rachel herself would never be able to kill Bass, so I'm very happy to see Liz thinking the same way.

I wish there was a video of her talking about it though. I'm greedy.