Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2013, 08:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Who knew she would save him! Well, apparently . I wonder why she changed her mind. I liked that Monroe said he was sorry, it's a new start for them.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^That's what I liked too. Over on tumblr allot of fans believe it was because of what Charlie said, and I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, but I'm hoping more on the side that it's because...that's not Rachel. There was no real point for her having to kill Monroe, if anything it only gives the Patriots (who Rachel is #1 against) a higher advantage...whereas playing Monroes "death", gives Rachel more the advantage.

But it's most likely the Charlie thing.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:09 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks very much for the gifs, Mel.

I'm absolutely delighted with Rachel saving Bass!!!

At least I think that's what she did. That's what I got from the episode.

I think she definitely did it for Charlie. If Charlie hadn't said the things she said, Rachel would definitely let Bass die.

I always believed that Rachel herself can't kill Bass. But that she wouldn't mind if someone else did it.

But then when she is actually watching him die, she has the word "conflicted" written all over her face.

Anyway, I thought it was a perfect and brilliant way to end the "kill Bass" storyline. She actually killed him. She made him believe he died. She could feel it. She got her revenge.

But for Charlie, she saves him. And that's a massive moment for Rachel. She listened to Charlie and let go of her obsession. In a way, Bass is saving Rachel too.

I agree that's a new start for both of them. It's very symbolic with Bass having his eyes closed and Rachel closing her eyes.

I'm looking forward to see their relationship from now on. I don't think it's going to change much, but it's going to change. It depends a lot on Bass though.

I liked that he said he's sorry. That's the second time he does it. But Rachel is a person who thinks an apologize is not enough. At least that's what she said to Aaron.

"You think that you'll apologize, and everything will be okay. It doesn't work like that."

So it will depend a lot on Bass and his actions from now on.

I'm so happy. You know when you ship a couple and they kiss? So yes, I'm like that. Rachel and Bass are never going to kiss each other. What happened in this episode is probably the best thing I'm going to get with them. So I'm very happy.

Well, maybe Rachel will forgive him. That would be great. But I'm not sure if she will be able to do it.

Oh and the flashbacks. I already wrote about it in the episode discussion thread. But I'm gonna do it here too. Bass lost his wife and child and I wonder if it would have happened if there was no blackout. You know, in better conditions. And knowing Rachel was responsible for the blackout in the first place. She could be considered indirectly responsible for their deaths!!!

I don't know, really. Maybe it's a bit unfair to Rachel because she didn't have the intention to do it and Bass had the intention to do bad things with Ben and Danny. But I think that's very awesome. Would love if the writers actually decided to explore this idea. Would love if Bass talked to Rachel about it!

It was a wonderful episode for Rachel and Bass!

Old 11-06-2013, 12:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Anyway, I thought it was a perfect and brilliant way to end the "kill Bass" storyline. She actually killed him. She made him believe he died. She could feel it. She got her revenge.
I really hope this be the case cause the way you put it truly brings more to light about this being the perfect episode to end the whole revenge or I hope you die storyarc. I mean I can see it still being used every now and again but not as often anymore.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 11-06-2013, 05:11 AM
Extreme Fan

I mean, Rachel's feelings towards Bass won't change just because she decided to let him live. She still hates him and would rather see him dead.

But I think she will move on from her revengeful mentality towards Bass. I think she will finally realize they need his help. She decided to let him live instead of let him die and that's a massive turning point.

And then we'll see what's going to happen from now on. As I said before. It will depend a lot on what Bass is going to do. On what he wants. On the way he feels about Rachel. If he wants to earn her trust and forgiveness.

This is a review from episode 5, actually. But I love how the reviewer notices parallels between Rachel and Bass.

Gotta love when other people also see it. Not just me and Grace!

Quote:
Being back at war is an easier place for Bass. It seems that because he is in that constant Marine mode, he reacts in a First Recon abrupt kind of way. I feel like if Miles laid the ground rules, like I don't want this person dead, where he made his intentions clear, Bass would go by it. Miles doesn't tell him that, dancing around things. When Bass says “we will find your proof”, Miles gives a look like he is a bit worried as to what Bass means by that, but he doesn't actually ask “WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT”, and have the conversation with Bass over actions he is willing to take at this time. In that sense, Miles seems to be sitting back, waiting to see how things work or don't work out, and then getting angry with Bass for how he does them. Bass also isn't the only one that has had harsh reactions to things...

Rachel, who did kill in self defense, seemed almost giddy talking about hiding the body. Miles was impressed with her thoroughness and called her a “complicated woman”. That same giddy trait in his best friend, however, he gets all aggravated and just wants Bass to leave but for his usefulness.

[...]

Like Aaron, Miles seems to have a real abhorrence for the part of his personality that can bring about horrible things. Rachel and Bass are more willing to do whatever extreme action the situation requires and then rationalize that they did what it was the situation demanded they do. Aaron and Miles have great amounts of self loathing over what it is they have done to protect themselves and others.

Old 11-06-2013, 10:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

More reviews, more reviews!! Thank you, Cris!

Plus I gotta post this here with its perfect tags.

# I’d like to award this scene THE WORST LIGHTING OF THE SERIES AWARD# Like it’s practically pitch black. PRACTICALLY. I didn’t know his hands# were twitching until I gif’d it# I have no idea how she got him back to that farmhouse but I imagine it involved# dragging and swearing# with her muttering things like: NEXT TIME I KILL YOU IT WILL BE PERMANENT. WHAT DO YOU EVEN WEIGH.# IF YOU PUKE ON ME I WILL DROP YOU. I WILL ROLL YOU DOWN THAT HILL. YOU SEE THAT HILL? I WILL ROLL YOU AND YOU WILL DIE IN A FIELD# LIKE THE RAT YOU ARE. THIS DAY STARTED SO BADLY AND YET YOU MADE IT WORSE. SO CONGRATULATIONS.# IS YOUR VISION STILL SPINNING? YOU SHOULD SHUT YOUR EYES. IT’LL HELP. AND OMG YOU STINK.# I SHOULD THROW YOU IN THE NEAREST RIVER. BATHING WOULD NOT KILL YOU.# *eyes narrow slightly* AND YOU’D BETTER STOP THINKING WHAT YOUR THINKING ABOUT ME IN A NURSE UNIFORM.# I KNOW YOU. NO ONE KNOWS YOU’RE ALIVE I CAN LEAVE YOU HERE TO DIE. DON’T THINK I WON’T JUST COZ I SAVED YOU.# I want a deleted scene of that trip from grave to AND THIS IS YOUR NEW HOME.
# I hate how blurry this gifset looks. HATE IT.# But there’s no way I know to make it better. Like there’s no light in this scene.

our cracking bones make noise

The person he sees when he 'dies' and the person he sees when he 'lives' again.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:45 AM
Extreme Fan

You're welcome and thanks for posting the gifs and the tags, Grace!

I really hope this won't be their only scene together and alone during this second season. I want more. I need more. Much more. A full episode of Rachel and Bass together and alone. Please!

I'd like to award these tags the most amusing Tumblr tags award.

Really perfect tags!!!

Quote:
AND OMG YOU STINK.# I SHOULD THROW YOU IN THE NEAREST RIVER. BATHING WOULD NOT KILL YOU.

I want a deleted scene of Rachel carrying Bass to the farmhouse too.

Quote:
*eyes narrow slightly* AND YOU’D BETTER STOP THINKING WHAT YOUR THINKING ABOUT ME IN A NURSE UNIFORM.# I KNOW YOU.

I want this too. Drugged Bass saying dirty things to Rachel.

I have to agree that the lighting was horrible. Even though I easily noticed Bass' hands. They probably used that Chroma Key thing.

Rachel saved Bass all by herself. Because of Charlie, but she did it. Rachel is awesome.

I giggled when she said "I guess I'm glad I kept him alive".

It's cool that Rachel is having some fun with her achievement, despite all her anger towards Bass. At least, in my mind, she's having fun with it.

You know, she made him suffer and then she saved him and now she's going to use him to do whatever she wants. Starting with taking care of Aaron. If he doesn't do it, she kills him. Bass knows it. She's the boss now.

This is fun for me. Maybe it is for Rachel too.

Seriously now. This is very important. I love that it was Rachel who decided to send Aaron to Bass. She is giving him a chance and she's trusting him because she has no choice, but she's doing it. So hopefully Bass won't disappoint her this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiots (View Post)
The person he sees when he 'dies' and the person he sees when he 'lives' again.

And the thing that can't get out of my mind is...

Bass was shirtless and Rachel was the one that took his shirt off. Certainly.

I'm not going to imagine if he was completely naked. No.

Old 11-12-2013, 11:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm so glad she brought him back.
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:25 AM
Extreme Fan

Yes, it's great that Rachel, of all the people, brought him back to life. Bass should be very grateful to Rachel. I mean, he should be forever grateful to her.

I'm going to post these nice things here, because it's Liz talking about Rachel, Bass, Rachel and Bass...

Quote:
Yet you also had a line in the last episode where you call her stupid for teaming up with Monroe [David Lyons].

I mean, trusting Monroe is always stupid. But I think she's more talking to herself. In all those years of incarceration, she probably trusted him a hundred times and was let down a hundred times and heard everything she said -- "He's a saint. He's an angel. He just wants to help" -- I think that was more talking to herself, her own past experiences, than anything else. And she's just amazed that other people could be brought into it when she finally sees exactly who he is. But all of that may take a shift as well. It's been a fun -- the redemption of Monroe has actually been one of my favorite things to watch.
'Revolution': Elizabeth Mitchell on Rachel’s state of mind and that awkward mother-daughter reunion - Zap2it

Quote:
I'm sitting there watching him and my character's supposed to hate him and you can see me in the background almost kind of like smile a little. I mean Rachel hates him, but he is not really like the Monroe we've grown to hate and you know, I've always had a hard time with the fact that he killed her son because he didn't actually tried to just kill her son. So every time I say that, I am always like “you know, he was really just trying to kill all of us.” See. It's much better, right? It's not specific.

David just looked like a little angel and it made the whole thing so odd and weird. We all walked off set and we're all like “we like druggie Monroe.” Because he's interestingly neutralized, he just turned into a really sweet guy.
Under The Influence - Online exclusive bonus scene! What kind of man is Monroe after his brush with death?

You know, based on these interviews, I feel that Liz wants Rachel and Bass to become friends again.

And yes, Bass didn't want to kill Danny specifically. It was all of them. Because he wanted to kill Miles, so if anyone else was with Miles, they would die too.

I just love Liz so much.

Oh and in this video with David, Liz and Tracy talking about drugged Bass... David says that druggie Bass is something that probably will never be seen again "unless someone spikes his beer". I can totally see Rachel spiking his beer.

Old 11-21-2013, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for posting those
I loved this
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 12-02-2013, 01:45 PM
Extreme Fan

You're welcome, Mel.

I loved it too.

Liz is really adorable.

So...

I liked that Bass tried to talk with Rachel.

And I like that Rachel doesn't want to answer the question and kinda ignores him.

But at the same time Rachel is walking close to him and stays very close to him when they stopped. And then he looks at her and she looks back at him.

You just don't do it, if you hate him so much, Rachel!

Bass, of course he's going to do it. He can't resist. He will always look at Rachel and try to talk with Rachel.

I don't know what was the point of this little moment. They focused on them and even Miles looks back at them.

I'm thinking way too much about it. The place was full of mist. You couldn't barely see their faces and it was very fast. But I loved it anyway.

Well, if Bass is going to be with them (Charlie, Miles and consequently Rachel) most of the time, then I guess sooner or later they will talk to each other. At least that's what I hope. Otherwise it's just a giant waste of time to keep Rachel and Bass in the same space to not explore their relationship. Then it's better to keep them apart.

I demand need want would like to see some nice and deep conversations between Rachel and Bass before this season is over.

Old 12-02-2013, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

She is

Quote:
I liked that Bass tried to talk with Rachel.
I really liked that too, and I hope we'll get to see more scenes with them too. I can see it happening during the second half of the season
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.
Old 12-13-2013, 05:18 AM
Extreme Fan

I hope you're right, Mel.

It's frustrating to see them in scenes together and not talking with each other.

I understand why Rachel doesn't want to talk with him though. But if they will continue to have scenes together, then they will have to interact. I'm just wishing for some meaningful interactions.

Because of everything that happened between them. It shouldn't be forgotten/ignored, especially if they want to redeem Bass. Also because, in my opinion, as much as Rachel hates Bass, she identifies with him. And I think Bass understands her in a way other people can't understand. Maybe Gene. But Gene is because he knows his daughter. Bass is because he's similar to her. So, unintentionally, he understands her.

They could have some very interesting conversations. Those scenes in the Tower were great.

I don't think this was posted here in this thread.

X

It's from the season 1 bloopers. Not exactly Rachel and Bass, but it's cute.

Old 12-13-2013, 06:36 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for posting the gif so cute!

I too hope they will have more dialog when the show returns. They have such chemistry and history...we need more.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OMG that gif is so cute!
♩♪♫
.¸.•*´¨¤ ¤¨´*•.¸.