Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2013, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariem201 (View Post)
Yes I always wonder if they are going to kill each other or kiss each other lol.
Defines them pretty much .
Old 03-21-2013, 11:47 PM
Extreme Fan

So true.

Quote:
I found it really interesting that Liz said that when she played physical attraction, she always looked down at the other actor's lips.

Well Rachel has been looking down at Bass' lips a lot, so it seems Liz is playing Rachel as attracted to Bass. Is it something she has chosen to do or has she been told to play attraction to Bass?
Someone asked Liz about her chemistry/tension with Bass (and Miles too). Anyway, what she says about it may be the answer to your question.

Moderator: I ask because I think that in the first part of the season, I don't know if it was deliberate on the writer's part or whether it was because you had a certain chemistry both with Monroe and with Miles when you met them. There was always this air of, you know, tension that was not really understandable between them.

Elizabeth Mitchell: Yes, right.

Moderator: So it would be interesting to see whether that was one thing or the other like maybe hate or maybe something else.

Elizabeth Mitchell: Yes, it's a fine line isn't it? And yes, I think that some things were deliberate, some things just happened because it's the chemistry that was in the room. I mean that's what always happens and then the writers are like, “Gosh, that's interesting. Let's go further with that.” But you know, in some of the scenes, the tension is deliberately written in, it's in the lines. And then sometimes it's simply just there, it's just in the playing of it. And I do think that there is, as they say, a thin line between love and extreme hate. So we'll get to explore that a little bit more. But yes, that tension was definitely there.

Source

Old 03-22-2013, 04:38 AM
Passionate Fan

^ Thank you for this, I'm glad we were not crazy about these two having this insane chemistry everytime they had a scene

"So we'll get to explore that a little bit more." I hope she ALSO talk about Monroe, not only Miles
Old 03-22-2013, 11:23 PM
Extreme Fan

You're welcome.

Based on the preview showed by Jimmy Fallon, I think we have a big chance of these two meeting each other again.

Old 03-23-2013, 08:20 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveJules! (View Post)
You're welcome.

Based on the preview showed by Jimmy Fallon, I think we have a big chance of these two meeting each other again.
Really? GREAT!!!!
Old 03-23-2013, 10:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

I knew the writers would want to explore these two further !
Old 03-23-2013, 08:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveJules! (View Post)
You're welcome.

I hope so. Love them.

I wonder why the interviewer put Miles and Monroe in the same question, made her answer confusing.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:33 AM
Extreme Fan

I think I have to explain my words because I don't want to create false expectations.

I got the feeling that they can meet/see each other again just because of what is being said in this preview (the only one I've seen. I watched the whole Jimmy Fallon show because of Liz and during the commercials they showed a Revolution promo, but I closed my eyes ). Actually, I think we're not going to get much of Rachel and Bass in the second part of the first season. Because Rachel is away from the militia now and that's where she wants to stay.

I'm going to put these inside the spoilers button just to be careful.

Spoiler:

After them having such intimate and close and intense moments, I thought it was weird that Rachel just left the militia and Bass just let her go. I felt empty, really. In my mind they have unfinished business and they must see each other again. But it could be the writers telling us it was just "the chemistry in the room" and they will move on to other things.

Quote:
I wonder why the interviewer put Miles and Monroe in the same question, made her answer confusing.
I know! No one asks Liz about Rachel/Bass and only Rachel/Bass.

Old 03-24-2013, 02:44 PM
Master Fan

Yes I saw the interview.

Really do hope we see more scenes of them. I miss them already.

I don't get that interviewer because I saw a lot of people asking about Bass and Rachel specifically and not about Miles and Rachel (most don't seem to want those two at all and find the idea ross because of the Ben aspect) so I am confused why Miles was put into this. Saw nobody ask about them and that interviewer had said he would ask about Bachel.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:41 AM
Elite Fan

She was asked about Rachel/Monroe in this interview:

Quote:
There seems like there’s a vibe with Monroe too.
ELIZABETH: Probably has to do with the fact that it’s David Lyons. It’s another epic character?driven story, so that’s how I feel like it compares. In many ways, that’s some of where it stops for me, except for the format which is the flashbacks. But I feel like to gain more insight, you have the situation where every episode, a different person becomes the protagonist, which I also love, because I feel like it’s wonderful to have the shades of gray. If we just see these things from one perspective and it’s black and white, that’s not interesting to me. And the setting, the fact is the beauty that surrounds us becomes another character maybe not as much as LOST, with the smoke monster and the fact that it looked like everything was coming to life, but chemistry and tension with another character, that’s interesting.

So did you do lots of research for the role of Rachel?
ELIZABETH: I did. I thought a lot about Stockholm Syndrome. I thought a lot about what happens when you don’t have any other source of information. Because we’re all creatures based on community. That’s what gossip is. To me, that’s what all of that is, it is kind of keeping ourselves all in line as to the way we are “supposed to be,” and every culture is different. To be in a culture where you are a hostage, you are a prisoner, what does that do to you after four years? I just thought it was fascinating. It’s been really, really fun and interesting to see. The Monroe character was great for that because he becomes something of a savior even though it’s kind of twisted. Not just kind of twisted, which I also like, so that was fun to play, and we’re on the same page when we started doing that and that was good too.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:45 AM
Master Fan

Well that is disappointing. She seems to say it is just her liking David coming through. Guess the show is really pushing Miles and Rachel because Miles has to have all the ladies. Sigh
Old 03-31-2013, 01:24 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm a little heart broken, really. After this episode I've lost any hope that I had of these two being together again. I mean, they can find each other, but it won't be like it once was. It will be distant.

But then Liz was a little bit excited at the WonderCon and she started to spill out things like I never saw her doing before. Probably none of this is about Bass, so...

I wish we could at least see some sort of confrontation or something. Rachel has more reasons to hate Bass now that the militia killed Danny. But I guess the writers won't do it because it's all about Miles now.

Unfortunately it was just the chemistry in the room or maybe Elizabeth's attraction to David transpiring into her character, like she said.

Whatever, I thought it was funny that Liz kept comparing Revolution to Lost instead of talking about Rachel and Bass. But it's sad that there is nothing to talk about them regarding the future of the characters.

The second answer was cool. I also think it had some sort of Stockholm Syndrome going on, but it wasn't only from Rachel's POV. It was both. Sometimes the way Bass looked at her seemed like he wanted her to admire him and to approve the things he did, like bringing Danny to her. And also because Bass was trying to get things from her. So he was also her prisoner, in a way. Liz said Bass was some sort of savior, the same thing can be said about Rachel. She was the only one that reminded him of his old self. He even mentioned that was good to have her around because of it.

It doesn't really matter anymore. But I found this interview where Liz talks about the screwdriver scene and compares the tension between Bass and Rachel with the movie Closer. I didn't watch the movie, so I'm not exactly sure what she means. But as I said, it doesn't matter much now.

Sharing it with you anyway:

Quote:
Fanhattan: Can you even believe some of the stuff you get to do on TV, just in the last three shows you've been on?

Elizabeth Mitchell: No, no. I think that that screwdriver scene is probably my favorite thing that I've seen, my favorite crazy thing that I read in a long time. I couldn't believe I got to do it. I thought it was insane. I didn't see it coming at all.

Fanhattan: Acting it out, did it live up to all your expectations?

Elizabeth Mitchell: Well, I had a lot of expectations for that scene because I felt like that stuff between me and David was like that movie Closer with all those unspoken kind of things, and that was interesting to play. We did it eight million ways so to see what ended up was kind of wonderful. I thought it was great.
Exclusive Interview: Elizabeth Mitchell on Revolution | Fanhattan VOICE

Old 03-31-2013, 07:28 AM
Master Fan

Yes she does seem to be saying it is just because she had a little crush on David which is sad.

But then in that interview about the screwdriver, she does seem to say there are unspoken things between Bachel, weird.

It is such a shame they are wasting all this chemistry to make this all about Miles again. I don't think Billy and Liz have as much chemistry as Liz and David, sigh

Thanks for finding this.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:05 AM
Extreme Fan

I so wanted Randall to capture Rachel, so she could be near Bass again.

I don't like to talk much about the lack of chemistry between actors because it's personal. I think they don't have chemistry and anything can happen with Rachel and Miles, but to me none of it will ever come close to the moments Rachel and Bass shared during the first half of the season.

One of the producers said at the WonderCon that the reason they decided to go with the Rachel/Miles thing was the "intensity" between the actors. Well, it makes me laugh, because just LOOK AT RACHEL AND BASS!!! IMHO, if that was the only reason, then they would've gone with Rachel/Bass. But that can't happen because the heroine Rachel can't be paired up with the villain. He's the bad boy obsessed with Miles and even if sometimes Rachel is shady, it's very clear that she's supposed to be one of the good guys. So they can't be together. The relationships that are supposed to be romantic are very black and white on Revolution. I mean, they probably would never do a militia/rebel love story. You know, a pairing with their very own ideas and completely opposed ideas on how this post-blackout world should be, but still madly in love with each other. Not on Revolution.

I don't know why Liz compares their tension with Closer. As far as I know, it's a movie about four people (two couples) trying to find love and sleeping with each other. But I once saw a scene of this movie while browsing the channels on television. It was between Julia Roberts and Clive Owen and it really had a lot of unspoken things going on between the characters, it was mostly about the way they looked at each other and they ended up kissing each other. Anyhow, it was romantic. So I don't get the comparison. But I think maybe she's comparing the way the actors played their scenes to the way she and David played.

Yeah, their chemistry was just something natural and all unintentional. David also said in the interview you posted that he and Liz played their scenes like two friends who knew each other since a long time ago. And he said Bass wanted family love from Rachel the same way he wanted from Ben and Miles. So there was never nothing there, really. At least not on the script.

I guess Bass touching her, feeling her... I guess he really was doing this just to annoy Rachel. And Rachel getting closer to him, touching her shoulder on his shoulder (that's a flirting classic. I'm sure Liz as the totally flirter/charmer that she is knows this very well and it was her idea) was just to annoy Bass too. What a way to annoy each other. It was probably mostly the actors deciding to play it this way.

Gosh, I wish they didn't have that much chemistry, so I wouldn't be the mess I am now.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:55 AM
Master Fan

They said that? LOL. Bass and Rachel were as intense as it gets. Truth is, they are doing it because Miles is the big hero and he needs to get all the girls in their minds.

Yes I heard David say that. That is definitely not how those scenes came out at all, LOL.

You also have Liz say when she plays attracted she always looks at the other's lips and se was totally looking at Bass's lips in several scenes.

Such a waste of chemistry and a story that would really be unpredictable.

Miles and Rachel, on the other hand, is as predictable as it gets.