Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2014, 09:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
No but did you notice after Laurel's "you think you're protecting her but you're only protecting yourself" line it cut straight to Felicity in the foundry and then Oliver coming in and their scene?

Editing don't lie, people. Laurel may have been talking about Sara (and herself), but the show is talking about Felicity.
Brought this over from the last thread. I like the way you think thecatbastet
And I wondered if I could come home"
icon:blonsl|♥Alyssa
Old 03-19-2014, 09:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Oh! I like that analysis about Laurel's line too.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:26 PM
Loyal Fan

It's sooo frustrating how indifferent Oliver has been with Felicity. I miss their connection. I get that he has been emotionally pulling away from everyone because of Slade's reappearance, but he started pulling away from Felicity even before that. Things have changed so much since he and Sara got together. I want the show to acknowledge it though. He has been so short with Felicity. I was really hoping that after Laurel told Sara he would eventually open up to her that he would open up to Felicity instead Why can't I just write this show?!

ETA:

Quote:
“I would really like Oliver to value what they have and or make it known… show how much he values what they have. I think he shows how much he values Felicity as a person, but I would like to see the acknowledgement of the chemistry, if that makes sense, even if it doesn’t happen. I would like to know that - I think Felicity would like to know that she… that it’s two-sided, because I don’t think Felicity knows.” - EBR
Girl knows what she's talking about
Old 03-19-2014, 10:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

I am going to bed now, Talk to you all later! .

Goodnight everyone! .
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-49,NJH D-149 OSW D-175, J-Hope D-176, Jinyoung-D-197 JK-D-414

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-27 LDH D-385
Old 03-19-2014, 10:31 PM
Loyal Fan

if i'm honest i couldnt bring myself to watch oliver/sarah scenes
i listened but i did not watched sorry but i can't help think wrong blonde ,ya know!

but then i got to thinking when sarah was talking about slade trying to come at her and that she's not easy to kill
maybe maybe its not such a bad thing for felicity to seem to be relegated to the background that way nobody notices her esp slade , sorry sarah but ever since the show editing showed felicity face when slade was talking i've been quaking in my boots

now to more exciting stuff we saw a tiny piece of felicity home sweet home and she was in her PJ's awwww, she looked exactly the way i thought she would at home , a real person , man i love that girl !
and i love her and diggle relationship and how bonded they are

i'm not just in it for olicity , felicity on her own deserves praise and fans like she said she had a life before oliver and him
and digglicity is just as cool a pairing on the show , i wish we had seen more of her house , but they'll get there i'm sure !
i'm glad she seems ok and dealing with this situation as mature as possible although does she know about the bed? whatever oliver

could also be because oliver knows diggle is there for felicity he can relax somewhat on that front because he knows diggle cares for fel and would protect her the same as he would if he allowed himself to be closer to her

so better someone who knows how to defend herself than my sweet felicity who has only her brains and a filter-less mouth

not that we know its a fact but if oliver is going to suffer should sara die , she has to be seen to mean a lot to him so i'm taking all the oliver /sarah scenes as a virgin martini i have to swallow like laurel did even if its blah blah

so yeah no drama on my part !as ong as eventually at some point by end of season i get something worth all this at arm's length tip-toeing

HAYLIJAH / OLICITY/ OUTLAWQUEEN /KLAROLINE/BAMON /caskett/Olitz /frary/ abby&luka/ Rose&Dimitri / edward&bella/arwen&aragorn/
Old 03-19-2014, 11:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SqueegyBeckinheim (View Post)
Brought this over from the last thread. I like the way you think thecatbastet
It's the same thing as with Diggle's "...someone who's already the right fit" in 1x08, where it cuts straight to Felicity entering Walter's office.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:30 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatbastet (View Post)
It's the same thing as with Diggle's "...someone who's already the right fit" in 1x08, where it cuts straight to Felicity entering Walter's office.
I also agree with your last post and this one, thecatbastet. I have to be honest, when I first heard Oliver's "this started with the two of us" line tonight, I had my Olicity glasses on and I didn't realize that he meant Oliver/Slade with that line. But yeah, at first I thought the show might be trying to foreshadow the endgame a little bit and throw the Olicity shippers a bone

But then I thought, the Olicity interpretation still didn't make sense because if Oliver were going to say a line like that, especially after Felicity mentioned Roy and Sara, he would have included Diggle too, because they are the original trio.

So, anyway, I'm just sitting here laughing at my shippery self
Old 03-20-2014, 12:41 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleogirl (View Post)
I also agree with your last post and this one, thecatbastet. I have to be honest, when I first heard Oliver's "this started with the two of us" line tonight, I had my Olicity glasses on and I didn't realize that he meant Oliver/Slade with that line. But yeah, at first I thought the show might be trying to foreshadow the endgame a little bit and throw the Olicity shippers a bone

But then I thought, the Olicity interpretation still didn't make sense because if Oliver were going to say a line like that, especially after Felicity mentioned Roy and Sara, he would have included Diggle too, because they are the original trio.

So, anyway, I'm just sitting here laughing at my shippery self
In both instances, you even have pensive!Oliver segueing into Felicity, and that kind of edit is usually used to indicate the person who is pensive is thinking about whatever the segue leads to. You're following their thought. And in this case we have the further evidence that he then goes straight to her, like the thought led him there. One could argue that he had to go to the lair anyway, but editing is deliberate, not organic. It was constructed to give an impression.

The near revulsion Oliver displayed toward Dear Laurel was just...he was screaming GTFO on the inside when she told him she knew him better than anyone else. This relationship has evolved to be very realistic. That is exactly how a person behaves when they are tired of an ex-lover's continued interest in and interference with their love life and they're just about to come to the end of their politeness.

Last edited by thecatbastet; 03-20-2014 at 03:21 AM
Old 03-20-2014, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Old 03-20-2014, 07:50 AM
Passionate Fan

I need my OT3 OG Team Arrow back. Sara and Roy are messing up the flow. I didn't watch the last ep and I don't plan to watch until the end of this season airs. I hope that by then real Olicity moments are back and Sara is gone.

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 03-20-2014, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I miss the original Team Arrow too. Sara needs to go.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:08 AM
Extreme Fan

Seriously, if this is not all leading up to a thing where it is driven home to Oliver that he has overlooked Felicity's safety and role in all this/totally misjudged the entire situation, I can't with it. It's the only justification.

Remember that time when Diggle worried about her coming onto the team and Oliver assured him they could keep her safe? If something happens to Felicity because Oliver was distracted, Diggle will end him.

Last edited by thecatbastet; 03-20-2014 at 08:27 AM
Old 03-20-2014, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

It has to be leading to something.

Especially if Oliver's distracted by a Lance sister. It's always been obvious that Diggle doesn't like how Laurel distracts Oliver.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:37 AM
Loyal Fan

Now he has a blind spot for Sara When Diggle left on the ARGUS mission who was put on Felicity watch?! I wanted to see Oliver looking after her. That is what I'm here for. He promised Diggle when she first joined them that "we can protect her."
Old 03-20-2014, 09:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

It seems like they're not worrying about Felicity so that something bad can happen and Oliver be upset that he didn't protect her.