Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2016, 10:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas4Brooke (View Post)
Kate. I get him wanting to know his son, and his fears about losing Felicity but she needs to know the truth. She's always trusted him when it came down to it and she deserves to be trusted back the same way. And Oliver should know that when this blows up in his face he can end up losing Felicity anyway .
If Barry had just not added "and it looked like you were over", especially when really that wasn't necessarily a break up he saw, Oliver might've realized all this. But Barry really got into his head. Stupid Barry. I love Barry, but stupid stupid Barry in that case. Also Oliver does trust her, we know he trusts her more than anyone ever really, which is another reason this is so stupid. They establish that fact and then choose this kind of angst.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 01-14-2016, 10:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

I'm not sure he'll think the time traveling thing had anything to do with her getting shot.

You'd think he'd realize sooner or later she will find out and she'll be hurt. Honesty is the way to go if he doesn't want to hurt/lose her.
Old 01-14-2016, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Angst that didn't need to happen.
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-49,NJH D-149 OSW D-175, J-Hope D-176, Jinyoung-D-197 JK-D-414

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-27 LDH D-385
Old 01-14-2016, 10:21 PM
Master Fan

Don't think Oliver will make the connection or he would tell her ASAP and I don't think he will. It just occured to me because in the first timeline, he lied, she found out------> break-up and everyone died. Then Barry telling him the timeline always finds a balance= her getting shot and almost dying. Still think that whatever comes next are all repercussions of the lie but we shall see.

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Leticia||icon by me||(x)||(ღ)
Old 01-14-2016, 10:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunksWorldWide (View Post)
I think that's why he lied to her. Barry telling him that when she found out in the first timeline things ended badly. I think that scared him. So he lied. Of course I don't know why in the world he thinks that she will never find out?!
He can't possibly think he can lie forever. So either he must think he can convince baby mama (sorry really unhappy with her, don't care to dignify her with a name at this point) to change her mind about the secret or he plans to tell Felicity eventually anyway and is waiting for some kind of right time to do it. Because he's made stupid mistakes but can't be stupid enough to think he could lie forever. And I can't imagine he'd try to start their marriages its this lie still going. So he must gave some plan in his head.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 01-14-2016, 10:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMiracles (View Post)
If Barry had just not added "and it looked like you were over", especially when really that wasn't necessarily a break up he saw, Oliver might've realized all this. But Barry really got into his head. Stupid Barry. I love Barry, but stupid stupid Barry in that case. Also Oliver does trust her, we know he trusts her more than anyone ever really, which is another reason this is so stupid. They establish that fact and then choose this kind of angst.
Agree with all this.

To me.. that was not necessarily them being over. Some people called it a break up, but I feel like there was more to be said to make that an official break up. Barry could have just said they were fighting and it looked bad. That might not have changed anything, but still.. jumping to "it look like you were over" was a bit much IMO.

And Felicity going into the whole "You don't trust me and never will" was ridiculous.

I don't like how they've handled this storyline thus far... I hope they do a better job from now on.
Old 01-14-2016, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Another reason it makes me so angry is, Felicity took the chance of losing him to tell him about Thea. It was the right thing to do but it could have cost her him. She trusted him/their relationship enough to take that chance. And now he is in that same type of situation, but doesn't do the same.
Old 01-14-2016, 10:24 PM
Master Fan

I mean I like the idea that Felicity repercussion stem from the lie but it wouldn't mean anything if Oliver didn't make the connection and try to fix it?
"Because Felicity has allowed him to get in touch with pieces of his personality and his character that he thought were long gone. And even better, new pieces he never knew were there. So she makes him a better person, and thus he loves her."-Stephen Amell on why Oliver loves Felicity
Olicity
-Maria (icon by me)
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas4Brooke (View Post)
Don't think Oliver will make the connection or he would tell her ASAP and I don't think he will. It just occured to me because in the first timeline, he lied, she found out------> break-up and everyone died. Then Barry telling him the timeline always finds a balance= her getting shot and almost dying. Still think that whatever comes next are all repercussions of the lie but we shall see.
Spoiler:
Master Fan

Quote:
Of course Oliver trusts her more than anyone which is why him not trusting her with this makes no sense at all. Stupid contrived drama, agreed on the Barry stuff, had Barry not told him about the break-up perhaps Oliver would have told her the truth. He thinks they broke up because of William not because of the lie. If he lies to Felicity he gets to keep both in his mind.

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Old 01-14-2016, 10:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Hi Kyls .
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-49,NJH D-149 OSW D-175, J-Hope D-176, Jinyoung-D-197 JK-D-414

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-27 LDH D-385
Old 01-14-2016, 10:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Spoiler:
Yes, but she's saved so the death is another balance.

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Old 01-14-2016, 10:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
<b>* SPOILER *</b>
I don't remember reading that anywhere? It makes sense though.
"Because Felicity has allowed him to get in touch with pieces of his personality and his character that he thought were long gone. And even better, new pieces he never knew were there. So she makes him a better person, and thus he loves her."-Stephen Amell on why Oliver loves Felicity
Olicity
-Maria (icon by me)
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDog9 (View Post)
Another reason it makes me so angry is, Felicity took the chance of losing him to tell him about Thea. It was the right thing to do but it could have cost her him. She trusted him/their relationship enough to take that chance. And now he is in that same type of situation, but doesn't do the same.
Felicity is much more emotionally healthy and mature than Oliver. He's has come a long way but he's still got more growing to do. So he's just an idiot sometimes still, lol. But the good news, this should really be the last time Oliver lies. He has to learn his lesson after this mess. There's no way they can have him make this same kind if mistake again.
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Hart of Dixie

Now this talk makes me feel like there should be a break up