Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2015, 09:00 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas4Brooke (View Post)
I always saw it, since 2x07 but I'll admit that before 2x23 it was more subtle. I remember at times I wasn't completely sure of Oliver's feelings or Felicity's for that matter even if I knew they were there. Not until the first ILY was uttered did I know for sure. So I could understand why some might have missed the signs after 3x01 tho, it couldn't be denied anymore.
I saw the show heading there from season 2 as well. I mean even when he was with Sara it was FELICITY that he would open up to and who could get through to him and get him to listen. I mean that scene where she tells him to get Thea and end it with Slade once and for all Plus the jealousy over Barry- I dont know how anyone could not have seen that he clearly was at least attracted to her to be that jealous...I mean he wasn't that subtle during those eps

Plus the whole "Your not going to lose me" "you'll always be my girl" "there was no choice to make" it was going to happen. Id even argue that in season one there were little hints that they would be explored eventually.

I just didn't think they would go as heavy on them in season 3 as then ended up going. I thought we would wait longer for dates I love You's and sexy times I was expecting that season 3 would be more obvious that they loved each other but neither being willing to admit it and be more dancing around their feelings. Sort of like a Bones/Booth type thing.

But Im happy that the writers chose to commit when they did. I wont complain
Old 07-28-2015, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

She has been bring him light scene the first scene.

Love Bones/Booth .
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-49,NJH D-149 OSW D-175, J-Hope D-176, Jinyoung-D-197 JK-D-414

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-27 LDH D-385
Old 07-28-2015, 09:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollock (View Post)
I saw the show heading there from season 2 as well. I mean even when he was with Sara it was FELICITY that he would open up to and who could get through to him and get him to listen. I mean that scene where she tells him to get Thea and end it with Slade once and for all Plus the jealousy over Barry- I dont know how anyone could not have seen that he clearly was at least attracted to her to be that jealous...I mean he wasn't that subtle during those eps

Plus the whole "Your not going to lose me" "you'll always be my girl" "there was no choice to make" it was going to happen. Id even argue that in season one there were little hints that they would be explored eventually.

I just didn't think they would go as heavy on them in season 3 as then ended up going. I thought we would wait longer for dates I love You's and sexy times I was expecting that season 3 would be more obvious that they loved each other but neither being willing to admit it and be more dancing around their feelings. Sort of like a Bones/Booth type thing.

But Im happy that the writers chose to commit when they did. I wont complain
After I rewatched S1 I can catch the hints I totally missed when I watched it live. It's just I couldn't catch them because Oliver was so L obsessed and then he fell in love with Felicity . But, yeah the sign have been there from the very beginning, if you listen closely you can even hear their love them back in S1; watch 1x12 the "You can trust me scene." it's there.

I knew Oliver loved Felicity when he was with Sara but when he first got with her I was like what the? I guess he wasn't in love with Felicity then... . IA I didn't expect heavy duty Olicity in S3. I mean, I knew we would get them but I never expected to see Oliver so desperately in love at first, not that I didn't love it but it was a shock . I'm so grateful they established them as soulmates and wouldn't change that for the world.

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Leticia||icon by me||(x)||(ღ)
Old 07-28-2015, 09:10 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I agree that there were definitely hints that they would be explored in season 1. I mean everyone involved with the show was obsessed with SA/EBR's chemistry and if you are noticing chemistry then you must have the thought of could these two ever be romantic. And they started dismantling O/L pretty quick. So yeah in a way Olicity slowly, subtlety started their romantic journey in season 1. And then in season 2 it was just obvious. She has been brining him light since their first scene, Hazel!

I too did not expect so much amazing Olicity development and moments in season 3 but I am so happy the writers chose to keep moving forward with them and picked up the pace a bit. Very, very happy. Really wouldn't change a thing. They are so endgame soulmates!
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 07-28-2015, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

I am so happy that they did to.
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-49,NJH D-149 OSW D-175, J-Hope D-176, Jinyoung-D-197 JK-D-414

Old 07-28-2015, 09:16 PM
Master Fan

There was a point in S3 where I thought... ugh, guess not til S4 . Then the love scene promo aired and I was happy but LOL. I thought it had to be a dream then BAM it happened .

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Old 07-28-2015, 09:19 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I knew Oliver loved Felicity when he was with Sara but when he first got with her I was like what the? I guess he wasn't in love with Felicity then... . IA I didn't expect heavy duty Olicity in S3. I mean, I knew we would get them but I never expected to see Oliver so desperately in love at first, not that I didn't love it but it was a shock . I'm so grateful they established them as soulmates and wouldn't change that for the world.
Yeah I thought the Oliver/Sara relationship was a little out of the blew as well but I guess when watched with the flash backs of that season it made sense that they had unfinished business they needed to work through

I lived with it because while that was going on it become obvious to me that Felicity's opinion and influence was becoming more important then Oliver's girlfriends (Sara and Laurel). I think Oliver wouldn't even allow himself to fantasize about a relationship with Felicity in that regard back then because he held her in such a different regard from the other women in his life.

There is a moment in Bones where Booth and Brennan are discussing casual sex and Booth says something along the lines of "There are just some people you shouldn't sleep with. There's too much at stake, too much invested, too much to lose". I think Oliver always saw Felicity as the girl that you commit to once- like if you aren't going to be serious and really be with her then don't even go there at all, because you'll only get one shot with her. And in season 2 he knew he wasn't ready to be with her.

And yeah season 3 then did go from like 50 to 100 with Oliver's feelings for Felicity where he went from ElsaOliver "conceal dont feel" to heart eyes "let me tell you ILU in 600 different ways" Oliver. I guess we were suppose to assume that during the interim of season 2 ans season 3 that the two of them became a lot more bonded and closer and flirty. I think thats why they had him be all heart eyes to her in the last scene in the season 2 finale.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

I am so happy that S4 they will be happy .

Old 07-28-2015, 09:28 PM
Master Fan

I loved her role in his life in S2. She led him to be a hero just like she will lead him into becoming Green Arrow . Oh yeah, S2Oliver was so not ready to be with her AT ALL! He fought himself constantly, wouldn't allow himself to love her. In the end though, it was futile... he had fallen desperately in love with her and he knew it. Yeah, I think the interim played a part to it yeah, but I think after he finally admitted it to himself well he wasn't going to deny it any longer. Not to himself and least of all to her. That's why he can't lie to her when she asks him to: "Say you never loved me..." he won't cuz that's not who he is anymore.

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Old 07-28-2015, 09:30 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
There was a point in S3 where I thought... ugh, guess not til S4 . Then the love scene promo aired and I was happy but LOL. I thought it had to be a dream then BAM it happened .
I was pretty confident they would end up together in season 3 just because of the laws of television If they say they cant be together in the season premiere then you know they are going to be together by the season finale.

Just like if they are together and happy in the season premiere then there is a strong chance they wont be in the season finale- so Im being cautiously optimistic next season I will be very interested to see what beats play between Oliver and Felicity in the premiere episode as to what it could hint for where they will end the season.

Basically Gossip Girl was my training for the whole premiere/finale roundabout Chuck and Blair's journey in season 2 is almost the exact same story beats that play between Oliver and Felicity in season 3 just different genres and during season 2 I was soooo convinced Chuck and Blair were never going to make it but then we had the ILU presents and kiss scene.
Old 07-28-2015, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Quote:
Oliver Queen versus The Nervous Shuffle seeing the girl he loves

3x17 / 3x20
Just a story in the end (Oliver Queen versus The Nervous Shuffle seeing the...)

Old 07-28-2015, 09:37 PM
Elite Fan

I think Oliver and Sara just found comfort in each other because they understood what each other went through. And it was safe, no chance of anything real happening honestly. But even MG said he only loved Sara, he wasn't in love with her. And he was definitely falling for Felicity even then. But it's like you guys said he wasn't ready for her then and she's not someone you treat like a casual fling. Also he was in denial. But once he realized his feelings (during the ILY "ruse" is when I believe he did) there was no one else in his eyes? I'm so glad they went slow with Olicity.

No, pollock, I need Olicity to be together in the next finale too! I cannot handle a summer of them broken up with haters in the Arrow fandom. That just can't happen. Honestly that would be super cruel of the writers to do. Honestly though I really think a proposal is possible in the finale. So many marriage hints in season 3.

Also Olicity did get a lot closer in the 2.5 comics that represented the interim between season 2 and 3. Lots of bonding, flirty moments and development.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 07-28-2015, 09:40 PM
Master Fan

I was sure they would too until 3x15... I thought yikes how are they gonna fix this in 8 episodes? LOL. I'll admit tho that by 3x20 I was back on board then I read the spoilers for 3x21 & 3x22 and once again was confused as to how the heck was everything going to be fixed in 2 episodes. By the time I watched 3x22 live, I was sure they'd end the season together . Boy did I go thru a roller coaster of emotions last season .
I'll admit that the whole premiere/ finale turn about is what scares me a bit but I think it'll be more like S2. Where they get close in 2x01 and end up in love in 2x23. S5? though... boy is that probably going to be tough .

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Old 07-28-2015, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Yea no break-ups. Stay together.

Old 07-28-2015, 09:50 PM
Elite Fan

Nah, I don't think season 5 is going to be some hurricane of suck for Olicity just because season 4 should be good for them. I think they want to move them towards marriage. So there is no reason to waste time on pointless relationship drama. And they've already established them as it for each other so there is no need to go back to the will they won't they stuff. I think they have forward motion planned for them. This isn't a show like Gossip Girl, the drama can come from so many other places because it's a superhero show, there is no need for pointless relationship circles and the relationship can be in the background a good bit which helps in the making it last department. The whole point of this show is for Oliver to grow and evolve and be his best self, and that means getting him to the point where he is a family man with a wife and kids and Felicity is clearly the person he wants that life with, so having them break up and make up like teenagers makes no sense. I think we have every reason to b optimistic about Olicity. I mean they will face ups and downs but I reall think the plan is for them to be happily married one day.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread