Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2015, 04:03 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for sharing! I liked how they did the sum up of the whole season but... why was this video made like Roy didn't even exist?
Old 07-23-2015, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

wrong thread
Old 07-25-2015, 08:46 AM
Master Fan

Wrong thread why?
Old 07-26-2015, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlone (View Post)
Thanks for sharing! I liked how they did the sum up of the whole season but... why was this video made like Roy didn't even exist?
I did see Roy in the video as the Arsenal, but I guess he wasn't a major part of the storyline - the Ra's story - so he was not there? They should have included his sacrifice he made to be in place of Arrow though.
a fine mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 07:35 PM
Master Fan

I know, he made a big sacrifice, he took risk of his life, his reputation! But wait... we're going to give all the credit to Oliver or/and Malcolm
Old 07-26-2015, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

I wonder if he left on bad terms with them too. I know he left on bad terms with the Teen Wolf producers a while back. The cast loves Colton though - both TV show casts.
a fine mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 09:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
ETA: Im with you Logan I thought episode 16-23 really picked up the pace and flow a lot better then the rest of the season and had a tightness about it in terms of the action, drama suspense and emotion of the show

I thought 3x18 3x19 and 3x21 were particuarly brilliant in terms of their pacing and hitting the right beats. 3x22 and 3x23 were probably a little too jam packed and tried to do too much allowing it too feel slightly rushed but were no less satisfying.
Yes yes yes. Im agree with all this. I just rewatched season 3 and I was trying to tell people that it wasn't as bad as originally perceived. The premeire was strong and I'm pretty sure I still like episode 2 and 3. The after that it does become a bit muddled and seems disconnected. I felt like at times the writers didn't seem to know how to handle the new dynamic. It took them a while to find there way. There were moments of brilliance in between some suck age. However like you said it really picked up toward he end of the season. I loved 18 and 19. 19 was brilliant because I knew something was at play unlike Oliver but I didn't expect it. There were moments of brilliance in 3x20 but there were also times i couldn't help but roll my eyes. I enjoy Oliver and Felicity but even I wanted to smack Felicity when she went and confronted RAS. Then RAS seems to go not see monologue about shipping them himself and I had to roll my eyes. I get why people where annoyed by that. Yet the beginning of that episode was beautifully painful. I felt like SA nailed the scene in the hospital. I felt his pain. He looked so lost. I also really liked the goodbye scene with F/O. Oliver wanting to live knowing she was going to go on making life precious was sweet. Now 3x21 was so hard and painful for me to watch. Maybe that's why it was so brilliant. 3x22 and 3x23 had their moments of brilliance but it did feel to jam packed. I know a lot of people hated the Felicity in the Suit moment. And yes it was cheesy but I loved that she mad Oliver smile. He's always there for everyone else so it was nice to see someone rescue him. i liked the ending though. The idea that Oliver is happy for once and off discovering who,he is now after the hell he's been though is nice. He deserves that chance.
Cmtaylor531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 06:31 AM
Passionate Fan

I've finally caught up with the rest of the season which I have been mostly bored by to be honest.
How many times can they kill a character and then bring them back, that actually happened near enough back to back.
I'm indifferent to Olicity, I wouldn't say I'm a fan but I don't mind them either. It was inevitable they were going to happen, however I have thought that Emily Bett Rickards acting (which is usually pretty good imo) was atrocious in those last few episodes. Though I'm sure I'm probably in the minority of feeling that way.

i know that this is for the best
but it doesn't hurt any less
PaireInLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:13 AM
Master Fan

^I don't blame her acting, but the writers decision and how they have written Felicity through all season 3. I know that I'd be on the minority with this, but I think that Felicity was kinda OOC. Or at least, they wanted to show us how strong she can be, but it wasn't necessary to kill those opportunities when we saw sassy Felicity, or her jokes.
Yeah, based on what the writers usually do with Arrow, I didn't think that Oliver or Thea were actually dead.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:10 AM
Ultimate Fan

Season 3 was definitely showed the show going through some growing pains. Im waiting for it come on Netflix to rewatch it but just by going on my memory it seemed like they rushed through things.

We had Olivers miracle recovery and retcon on where he was stabbed. Laurels training was cut short for obvious reasons and her costume came out of nowhere. Ra's was so hyped up but such a major letdown. All he did was whine how Oliver belinged to him. Roy barely got a story even though they knew it was Coltons last season They spent to much time manipulating things to make Oliver/Felicity stronger. Felicity was AMAZING in s2 but was not handled correctly in s3. Seemed like she spent too much time worrying about Oliver.

Laurel started to dissappear randomly by the end of the season and missing some important moments, and her Canary Cry was forgotten when they made it to Nanda Parbat.
Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Is there a date set for it to come to Netflix?

April
Drunk On You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 03:05 PM
Passionate Fan

It was her emotional scenes, i just cringed. I thought she was awful. She can do witty but not emotion.

i know that this is for the best
but it doesn't hurt any less
PaireInLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 03:30 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk On You (View Post)
Is there a date set for it to come to Netflix?
Probably shortly after the dvd comes out so sometime around end of September.
Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Figured as much.

I decided to give in and start from the beginning.

April
Drunk On You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 02:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaireInLove (View Post)
It was her emotional scenes, i just cringed. I thought she was awful. She can do witty but not emotion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer (View Post)
We had Olivers miracle recovery and retcon on where he was stabbed. Laurels training was cut short for obvious reasons and her costume came out of nowhere. Ra's was so hyped up but such a major letdown. All he did was whine how Oliver belinged to him. Roy barely got a story even though they knew it was Coltons last season They spent to much time manipulating things to make Oliver/Felicity stronger. Felicity was AMAZING in s2 but was not handled correctly in s3. Seemed like she spent too much time worrying about Oliver.
Absolutely agree with you both. Bad handled things, that could have been written better than how they actually were written.

Nice to see you are giving it a try, April!