Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2016, 10:25 AM
Elite Fan

Season 5 General discussion and Speculation thread #1:

How is everybody feeling about Season 5? Positive? Negative? Undecided? Do you like that Oliver will start the season as interim Mayor?

Im generally optimistic. I like the fact that Oliver is the mayor because i feel this story line helps us get back to the roots of what made S1and S2 so successful and its going to be once again Oliver trying to balance real life aspirations and jobs with his night time activities. It will be the dual identities thing again.

Im also really hoping the flashbacks do not let me down because i this we have all be waiting 5 years for the Brava flashbacks.
Cmtaylor531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 02:30 PM
Master Fan

I've seen the trailer and I really have good feelings about this season. It feels more like S1 and S2 because that's when Oliver had two lives and had to deal with that issue. Same is going to happen for S5.
Old 08-01-2016, 02:42 PM
Master Fan

I'm feeling eh about the new season to be honest. I'll give it a chance but there's nothing that really excites me. The only thing I'm kinda interested in is Oliver's Mayor story line. And, it kinda irks me that we still don't know who the definitive villain is.

"Hey."
"Hey yourself....".
Leticia||icon by me||(x)||(ღ)
Lucas4Brooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 03:25 PM
Master Fan

I don't remember how the season 4 trailer was but it took some time to see Damien, although we knew he was going to be the big bad much time before
Old 08-01-2016, 03:50 PM
Elite Fan

^ If I recall Damien was prominent in the trailer. Wasn't his "Oh, you don't know who I am? I'm Damien Darhk," like a main focuse. I feel like it was.

I'm intrigued by the Oliver as Mayor and excited for Bratva story line. I'm iffy on how I feel with Dig and Thea off doing there own thing and not part of the team. I'm also not sure how I feel about Evelyn or whatever her name is sticking around.
Old 08-02-2016, 07:49 PM
Master Fan

^I'm not convinced with Evelyn tbh
Old 08-02-2016, 09:06 PM
Elite Fan

^ Yea, I'm not sure I like her. I'm trying to wait to hold judgement.

I might watch the trailer again and see if we can come up with a title for the thread.
Old 08-23-2016, 01:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

The addition of new characters and faces, shows a lot of potential, maybe they are now serious about creating a well rounded show. (At the same time I hope they dont continue to add too many faces, this is not a soap opera)

They burned a lot of trust & goodwill last season, killing Laurel and basically turning the show into a Felicity and Olicity centric show. Starting the season with Olicity broken up gives me hope that they might just focus on the real purpose of this show: Oliver Queen's story.

The first few episode of season 5 better be good, or some of us are done forever, this time.

Last edited by HunterX; 08-23-2016 at 01:59 PM
HunterX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 03:33 PM
Elite Fan

^ Season 3 and Season 4 started off well in my opinion as well though. So that is never a guarantee. I still dont think the show is as bad as others make it out to be and this from someone who loved Laurel as a character. I also didnt mind F/O at all last season until the stupid lie and baby mama drama. It was just ridiculous and forced. I would have rather Oliver made the decision on his own to lie to felicity then having his hand forced by the baby mama. It made it all way to contrived.

Im excited to see Black Siren pop up in Arrow though and all the drama it will bring. I dont mind drama that i feels will benefit a character. It will be hard for Lance at first i think but later make him stronger i think.

I like new faces every now and then as well but like you said.. not to many. We need to focus on the characters we have already. Im excited to see Curtis rise to Mr Terrific though.
Old 05-28-2017, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Overall REMARKABLE season - Prometheus was a HELL of a villain and all that he put Oliver though was just like
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 10:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

I honestly think this was their best season. It was so exciting and my heart was racing until the end.

Is there a thread for Season 6 yet?
Old 05-29-2017, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

ITA before was 1st-2nd season but this was

Way too early not sure when its right to have a new season thread when it hasn't started
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:41 PM
Master Fan

I guess we can speculate and make theories about the season finale here until we have something like a promo or whatever and then we can start talking about season 6.

Best and worst of the season?