Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2017, 06:40 PM
Master Fan

I didn't watch last night's episode yet, but I saw in the promo that she's wearing a mask (pretty similar to Sara's from S2)
Old 03-06-2017, 08:38 PM
Elite Fan

I have got to say, as much as I like Dinah, I am already starting to detect some of the same writing flaws that used to plague Sara and later, Laurel. First of all, Dinah's transition into a fully-fledged member of Team Arrow has been way too smooth. Considering where she comes from (chasing the killer of her boyfriend and living like a recluse for the better part of 3 and a half years), we should have seen her struggling to adapt to this new situation, e.g. not really communicating with her new team-mates and/or defying orders because she has become so used to working alone. What gets me is that the same thing happened with Sara in season 2. After she was released from the LOA, she immediately became a fully-functional member of Team Arrow and it didn't make any sense for her, either - especially because her return from the dead should have drawn all kinds of attention from the authorities and the press.

And sadly, much like with Sara and Laurel before her, Dinah's badassness is mostly talked about but rarely shown. Is it really sooo hard for the Arrow writers to give one of their ladies a moment like this:

Hamburgo1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 05:58 PM
Master Fan

Your point is interesting, if you see, Rene had those attitudes when he joined Team Arrow, but she didn't. I guess the writers are not really interested on keeping her on the team or they don't want her to become in the new Black Canary.
But I think Sara was badass and it wasn't just talked about in the show.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlone (View Post)
Your point is interesting, if you see, Rene had those attitudes when he joined Team Arrow, but she didn't. I guess the writers are not really interested on keeping her on the team or they don't want her to become in the new Black Canary.
Dinah will become the next Black Canary before the season is over. That is inevitable, but the crude writing further emphasizes the lack of regard for the Black Canary brand on part of the Arrow writing staff, which should surprise nobody after the events of the last 5 years...

Quote:
But I think Sara was badass and it wasn't just talked about in the show.
See, I was a huge Sara fan and yes, she did have her moments on Arrow but just about every episode she appeared in included a moment where she needed to be saved by Oliver. It wasn't until she got her own show that she was allowed to fullfill her full potential as a kickass character.
Old 03-09-2017, 07:56 PM
Master Fan

Perhaps they are lazy and they are just bringing the fandom another Black Canary so they stop complaining that a Green Arrow TV show doesn't have his entire life partner on it. Even Evelyn had more prominence with the team or the tv show than Dinah. We just saw a few advice from Diggle but nothing else actually related with her way to become the next Black Canary.
That's true, she usually needed Oliver's help and in that point she didn't shine. But with Legends of Tomorrow she got more protagonism and we were able to see how badass she is. It's like Oliver is always a shadow to other vigilantes fighting at his side, after all, no matter how impressive their skills are, Oliver is still the best at fighting and/or solving problems, or at least the writers show that.
Old 03-11-2017, 07:30 PM
Ultimate Fan

She got a new BC suit it's on her insta anyone think WD & BC will hook up if not there are pple that like her with Lance

Last edited by Japril; 03-11-2017 at 07:36 PM
Japril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 08:03 PM
Master Fan

With Lance? I never thought about that

I will try to find her instagram to see it
Old 03-13-2017, 06:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
With Lance? I never thought about that

I will try to find her instagram to see it
Yeah i never thought about that either. Lol

Icon by: ***BLONDIE***
JustmissRiss23_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:55 PM
Master Fan

But I didn't imagine that Dinah would be interested in Rene, so...

I thought Rene would keep trying to catch Thea's attention
Old 03-15-2017, 07:28 AM
Obsessed Fan

I like Dinah and her whole personality. I still don't watch Arrow but she seems cool.

Han er god barn, men han er så lat.

Eskild? Jeg sitter her.
Mimi
Stelena&Bamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 06:47 PM
Master Fan

She is cool! But I want to know more about her
Old 03-16-2017, 02:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Perhaps they are lazy and they are just bringing the fandom another Black Canary so they stop complaining that a Green Arrow TV show doesn't have his entire life partner on it. Even Evelyn had more prominence with the team or the tv show than Dinah. We just saw a few advice from Diggle but nothing else actually related with her way to become the next Black Canary.
See, I don't think the Arrow writers added Dinah to the roster out of their own volition. I think when they killed Laurel off, they were done with Black Canary for good. That's why they outed her identity to the world and engraved the Black Canary title into her headstone, but sometime after season 4, somebody higher up ordered them to bring on a new Black Canary. Supposedly, that higher up was Greg Berlanti, but I'm not sure I buy that. I think it's more likely for that order to have come from DC Comics or Time Warner/Warner Bros. Anyways, my point is: Why force a character onto a production team when you aren't going to make sure that the character is properly featured? If DC/Warner thinks they can appease fans simply by having a version of BC languishing around in the background of group scenes, they are badly mistaken. Instead, it's only adding further insult to injury because as it stands, Dinah is getting even less to do than Laurel. As bad as the writing for Laurel has been at times, at least she got to kick ass in group fight scenes. Dinah doesn't even get to do that. She's literally just there to use her canary cry and deliver a badass line once an episode. Now, can this change? Sure. Am I counting on it? Hell to the naw!

Quote:
That's true, she usually needed Oliver's help and in that point she didn't shine. But with Legends of Tomorrow she got more protagonism and we were able to see how badass she is. It's like Oliver is always a shadow to other vigilantes fighting at his side, after all, no matter how impressive their skills are, Oliver is still the best at fighting and/or solving problems, or at least the writers show that.
Getting freed of the shackles that is Arrow was the best thing that ever happened to Sara's character. I know many Laurel/KC fans are bitter that she was replaced, but honestly, they should be glad that it happened because if the handling of Dinah is any indication, nothing would have changed for Laurel in a hypothetical season 5.
Old 04-11-2017, 04:26 PM
Elite Fan

Still plenty of time for Dinah's character to grow so I'm still pleased... For now.
Cmtaylor531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 07:26 PM
Master Fan

Yes. But I have the feeling that they don't really know what they want to do with her. I hope that her purpose to be on Arrow becomes clear near the end of this season.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:28 PM
Elite Fan

Juliana and Rick have been promoted to series regulars for season 6. While I'm happy for both actors, I really don't trust the writers to actually utilize them well. IMO, the producers need to put more actors on 14 or 18-episode contracts. That way, they can feature a smaller group of characters in the Arrowcave and mix up the constellation each week. I know some people really don't like to hear this, but the only character who needs to be in every episode is Oliver. Everyone else can and should sit out an episode every once in a while.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top