Fortress of Solitude

I'm excited for possible focus on the family
And I guess once you let the darkness inside, it never comes out
we are not alone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 08:17 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Arrow

I decided we should probably make sure John Jr. was apart of the title.
Old 09-30-2017, 08:33 PM
Elite Fan

I know but it's so sad.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
IBelieveInMiracles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 08:58 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Arrow

It is sad. I miss baby Sara but unless the time line gets messed up again and we get baby Sara back again I have a feeling JJ is here to stay.
Old 09-30-2017, 09:00 PM
Elite Fan

Barry needs to fix the timeline. This erasing baby Sara thing is such crap.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 09-30-2017, 09:02 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Arrow

I was annoyed by it but at the same time she was named after Sara when she died and she isn't dead any longer so now I'm jus like whatever.

I just liked the idea of John having a baby girl. We need to see more of JJ and maybe ill get some attachment to him as well
Old 09-30-2017, 09:06 PM
Elite Fan

It doesn't matter who she's named after, erasing a child, especially a female one to replace with a male one is gross and wrong. It's going nothing to do with Sara.
Old 10-04-2017, 06:37 PM
Fortress of Solitude

I just think LoT related to John Jr in 2046 episode
Old 10-04-2017, 06:39 PM
Elite Fan

He could've existed without Sara having to be erased. People can have more than one child. There's no excuse for it. What they had Barry do was so wrong.
Old 10-04-2017, 09:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by we are not alone (View Post)
I just think LoT related to John Jr in 2046 episode
That’s what I think. It wasn’t some nefarious or misogynistic plot. They just needed things to be messed up from Barry Messing with timeline. Plus they had Legends episode to add to and make you think was that timeline possible now. To me Being angry over something like this is why some people don’t take feminist issues seriously but I realize everyone is entitled to feel how they feel because we all see things differently.
Old 10-04-2017, 10:33 PM
Elite Fan

I'm sorry but like I said that's not an excuse. JJ could've existed along with Sara. They could've just had the Diggles have another child. It's ridiculous to say she had to be erased for some plot when literally both children couldve existed together. There's legit no reason Sara had to be erased. And I really wish people would stop telling me there is and I'm not allowed to be upset. It was gross and wrong that they did this and there's no defending it. And it is an issue, it is, for a lot of people. Minimizing and dismissing it because you don't agree isn't a real great thing to do. This was the very definition of misogynistic because she did not have to be erased, she could've existed along with JJ there's no denying that. And there were plenty of things that Barry could've messed up, it did not have to be this. They erased a female child for male child for no reason and that is wrong and needs to be spoken about. No disrespect meant at all but defending this mess is just ridiculous. It didn't not have to happen.

Last edited by IBelieveInMiracles; 10-04-2017 at 10:54 PM
Old 10-05-2017, 01:05 PM
Fortress of Solitude

I honestly feel at this point that this is a very sore and touchy discussion that should be left alone You have VERY STRONG OPINION and yes you are entitled to have such personal opinion BUT both child are not main enough of characters to get all out of bent over. We just knew of Sara's birth and occassional appearance - I feel what The Flash - 3x22 did of haying Lyla angry at first with Barry on refusing to provide help due to it should be enough. We do not see either child or have mention of them to continue to have this discussion. agree to disagree cycle that would just continue to go on forever to not being resolved - so I feel this is a discussion that should just be left alone and we should just focus on John & Lyla without mention of children until old enough to become part of storyline
Old 10-05-2017, 02:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Thank you Sara. Words we should listen to.

Now let’s get back to actually discussing this family unit.

Am I the only one that thinks it’s weird that Dig and Lyla still live in that small apartment. She’s director of Argus. She has to have money for something better. Plus I think Dig is being paid by mayor office now... maybe. Is he paid to prove security I don’t Even know
Old 10-08-2017, 09:40 PM
Elite Fan

I apologize for getting a little over emotional. It's just a very big deal to some people myself included obviously and it's getting minimized and dismissed as nothing when it is something and didn't have to happen is very frustrating. But I agree that it's not being a very good topic to discuss in here and that we should just agree to disagree. So agree to disagree. And sorry again for getting so upset.

I'm not sure Dig is actually officially working for Oliver like that because they've mentioned/shown his security detail before and it doesn't seem to include Diggle. Which makes sense because he was away in the army, then in jail, them dealing with stuff with Lyla so he didn't have a ton of time for job stuff. He may be like an unofficial bodyguard to Oliver at times thoughl I'm not sure that he has a real job though. He should run a private security firm or something though. He'd be good at that. But he's also got TA and a kid, it's kind of realistic he doesn't have a ton of time for much else.

I think the reason for the apartment is not spending money to create another set that they barely use.
Old 10-12-2017, 04:33 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Quote:
I think the reason for the apartment is not spending money to create another set that they barely use.
I pretty much figured that. Since it was also Patty’s apartment.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top