Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2016, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't know what is worse in that scene... Laurel admitting that Oliver was the love of her life or Oliver standing there like an idiot and not giving anything back to her

Last edited by You can't kill me!; 04-12-2016 at 03:11 AM
You can't kill me! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 02:39 AM
Master Fan

Well I'm nowhere near season 4 yet but it's a bit offensive to have her basically die blessing Olicity. Like how on the nose is that?
Old 04-12-2016, 06:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardengirl1 (View Post)
There was interview that Stephen did at the MTV awards and the reporter asked him about the reaction to the death on Arrow. What did Stephen answer to the question?
I couldn't find the interview, so I don't know.

I didn't like the fact that she was talking about Olicity at that moment, but I think it was sweet to hear her saying he was the love of her life. However, I wanted to see him giving her a response.
Old 04-13-2016, 12:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlone (View Post)

I didn't like the fact that she was talking about Olicity at that moment, but I think it was sweet to hear her saying he was the love of her life. However, I wanted to see him giving her a response.
I am not upset she said it.. I even understand it somewhat.. it wasn't a romantic overture, it was simply a reminder that these two use to be in love, and that Laurel has always been able to see the good in Oliver I am upset that they couldn't give her something else to say.. maybe something about her father or sister, and I am mad that they had Oliver say nothing.. he stood there like a chump
Old 04-13-2016, 04:25 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I once read a Stephen interview where he said Laurel was Oliver's first love which would always stay with him in a way. So it would definitely have been nice to hear the character say that. IDK it's just disappointing.
Old 04-13-2016, 05:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

Stephen always use to have nice things to say about Laurel/Oliver, but when Olicity become big, he sort of just stopped, and now everything gets turned into Olicity anyway
Old 04-15-2016, 03:47 PM
Master Fan

I saw a video just yesterday where he said people loved love triangles but it was a "fact" that Oliver loved Laurel and wanted to be with her. It was an interview I believe from season one's times because they mention the scene where he tells Laurel he doesn't want to be on the island anymore. It's really a pity the waste they've made of this relationship.

Well, idk. I hope maybe one day they'll just make a movie with the canon end game.
Old 04-17-2016, 12:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkalice (View Post)
I once read a Stephen interview where he said Laurel was Oliver's first love which would always stay with him in a way. So it would definitely have been nice to hear the character say that. IDK it's just disappointing.
Yes. The only thing we heard from Oliver about Laurel came from the flashbacks (the title). Laurel never stopped being his first love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glader|4|Life (View Post)
Stephen always use to have nice things to say about Laurel/Oliver, but when Olicity become big, he sort of just stopped, and now everything gets turned into Olicity anyway
That's true. He stopped saying things about OL.
Old 04-18-2016, 12:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

I get that he wants to promote what is going on in the show now, but the abrupt stop in saying anything nice about O/L is suspect as hell
Old 04-18-2016, 08:40 PM
Master Fan

Right. I'm not sure, but maybe he stopped being asked about Oliver and Laurel so he didn't have reasons to say something about them.
Old 04-18-2016, 10:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

He does get asked about O/L, but he tries to avoid those questions or ends up talking about Olicity
Old 04-19-2016, 06:51 PM
Master Fan

I didn't know that. I thought they just stopped asking.
Old 04-19-2016, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlone (View Post)
I didn't know that. I thought they just stopped asking.
No I think he has been told not to say much about them by marc and co because they arent going by the comics anymore.
Old 04-19-2016, 11:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~AnastasiaGrey~ (View Post)
No I think he has been told not to say much about them by marc and co because they arent going by the comics anymore.
Pretty much this.. he always makes a joke about it now. I just find the whole thing ludicrous. Talking about how much Laurel means to Oliver doesn't negate how much he loves Felicity, and it's something that this writing team struggles with writing in the show
Old 04-20-2016, 06:22 PM
Master Fan

^I agree. Oliver couldn't forget Laurel for 5 years after what he did, but he forgets all his love or their beautiful moments in... one, two years? Since S3 I stopped seeing references to what their relationship was. Season one seems to be from a different tv show. Their relationship was very focused on that season. It's like there is something uncomplete. This is why I thought they would be back together at some point.