Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2013, 08:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
A partnership with Arrow is great and all, but I think she was to dependent on Arrow in Burned. So I think they need to find a way to balance it out. Like they did in 1x04.
Ditto.

I want them to mix it up as well, give her her own cases, and were she completely solves them on her OWN. It would be nice to have a "Laurel episode" like that, it can be a B plot, and the A plot will be something else involving Oliver/Arrow . Fingers crossed, the show seems to be branching out with supporting characters now.

Anyway enjoyed Burned, and tonight's episode was fantastic. O/L had some good scenes. Lots of good stuff overall.

Quote:
Hi everyone.
Hi, welcome everyone else who just joined
Old 01-30-2013, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

I do think they need branch out to the other characters. Hopefully we get a lot more of that involving Laurel (without being a part of that awful love triangle - considering that what it seems like most of her scenes have been about since approx. 1x07/1x08.) It just seems like all of the characters except for Laurel has gotten more character growth. Even the reoccurring guest stars like Felicity (although I think she would be -or is - bumped up to season regular.)

I do know a few people (outside of FF) who are annoyed with the way Laurel is being written.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think everyone hates love triangles! We can all agree on that
Old 01-31-2013, 02:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JensensGurl07 (View Post)
I think everyone hates love triangles! We can all agree on that
I wish a writer would be brave enough to avoid one.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

its a CW network, with the exception of Nikita (although had a somewhat minor one) and Supernatural most of its shows have a love triangle

Old 01-31-2013, 04:06 PM
Obsessed Fan

I don't understand why they keep writring love triangles.
It only makes the fandom fights.
And this show is based in a popular comic and everybody knows is Laurel&Oliver so......why love triangles?
Old 01-31-2013, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

actually they had their fair of drama in the comics. But to my knowledge they was never really a love triangle involved. However, Oliver did have other love interest.

So if thy were that desperate to make a love triangle they should have done it with one of his more canon love interest. But it seems like F/M/F love triangles seem to be rare these days. Its usually M/F/M. - Or they make it into a love square. With two females/two males.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

But, as far as I know.........it's Laure&Oliver the MAIN couple, right?
Old 01-31-2013, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

yes

Old 01-31-2013, 06:40 PM
Obsessed Fan

But CW.......you know.........I'm afraid lol
Old 01-31-2013, 06:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

i don't know, for the most part CW shows are pretty good about keeping to their intended end-games. (or say they claim). The only problem with the CW is, they seem to love love triangles, and all the drama that comes with it.

At least for the most part Arrow doesn't have shipper wars (atm).

Old 02-02-2013, 12:55 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
So if thy were that desperate to make a love triangle they should have done it with one of his more canon love interest
Dunno. Might just happen in season 2 onwards though...if they go aheard with a certain rumoured casting.

Quote:
why love triangles?
Easy plot device? lol.
Since we cant be rid of them. I suppose, I dont mind love triangles much, as long as writers are not trying to play up both sides and its just more one sided. Short lived triangles are better too. But umm thats rare on cw.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:42 AM
Obsessed Fan

Rumoured casting? Who?
I like the show, but if they keep making love triangles I will stop watching it.
I hate shows with stupid romances.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

Spoiler:

as been said there was never any real love triangle in comics . Just a number of love interests. Yeah, hope too they dont keep on doing triangles for seasons, its just a cheap plot device.

Last edited by Honeycutt; 02-02-2013 at 07:25 AM
Old 02-02-2013, 10:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Honestly I dont think this love triangle was done properly. Considering most of Laurel's scenes have been about the love triangle, and a character needs growth besides being the love interest.

I think they need to break Tommy/Laurel up, have her be single again, keep the somewhat partnership she has with Hood (considering that is probably one factor that leads her to become BC). I don't think she should get with Oliver again until after she becomes the BC/learns Oliver secret.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread