Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2014, 10:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
That picture sure does look painful.

2.05: League of Assassins, she revealed to her father Quentin Lance that she was still alive.
2.13: Heir to the Demon she revealed to Laurel she was alive... although she kind of did that in the ending of 2.12.. but Laurel was drunk so she didn't really believe what she was seeing.

Welcome to the thread! I agre with you.
Ah, ok-I think I may have skipped episode 5. I was watching on a stream and it said Arrow:Year One.

I'm excited for S3-Laurel is canon too,so having her be the new one moves things forward. I like Olicity, though. I liked Oliver/Sara as well,but it's because they're both heroes.

What's cool about Sara is that she didn't really lose her capacity for joy. She was tired of all the killing and she was on the run,but she found that man's daughter and she was afraid more than damaged.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
Ah, ok-I think I may have skipped episode 5. I was watching on a stream and it said Arrow:Year One.

I'm excited for S3-Laurel is canon too,so having her be the new one moves things forward. I like Olicity, though. I liked Oliver/Sara as well,but it's because they're both heroes.

What's cool about Sara is that she didn't really lose her capacity for joy. She was tired of all the killing and she was on the run,but she found that man's daughter and she was afraid more than damaged.
Oh okay... wait year one... does that mean Season 1? Cause Sara is only in Season 2.

I'm looking forward to Season 3 as well! I don't look forward to seeing anyone take over Sara Canary duties. I'm just so use to seeing Sara play it so perfectly that it'd be odd to see so I can't wait to see Sara doing what she does best this season.
I hope I like Laurel this season, I've been so/so about her since the first episode. I like Katie, so hopefully Laurel has a good storyline to work with.

Oliver/Sarah, I love them... although they were written better before they got back together.

I loved her looking out for Sin. Sara really didn't have much to be happy for during Season 2, I'd love to see her smile a bit more for season 3.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm looking forward to Season 3 as well! I don't look forward to seeing anyone take over Sara Canary duties. I'm just so use to seeing Sara play it so perfectly that it'd be odd to see so I can't wait to see Sara doing what she does best this season.

I loved her looking out for Sin. Sara really didn't have much to be happy for during Season 2, I'd love to see her smile a bit more for season 3.[/FONT]
I totally agree with you! No offense to Laurel but I want Sara to keep as The Canary. I'm wainting to see her doing heroic actions like in the season 2 finale, but seems like it's not going to happen. And I believe it's not easy to her to feel happy as Oliver felt in some ways after he returned from the island, but I wanna see her smiling. I think Laurel makes her really happy, I wanted to see that in the last season but I feel it wasn't the way it should have been.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigilove (View Post)
I totally agree with you! No offense to Laurel but I want Sara to keep as The Canary. I'm wainting to see her doing heroic actions like in the season 2 finale, but seems like it's not going to happen. And I believe it's not easy to her to feel happy as Oliver felt in some ways after he returned from the island, but I wanna see her smiling. I think Laurel makes her really happy, I wanted to see that in the last season but I feel it wasn't the way it should have been.
I think they're pushing to make Laurel the new one because the original one was named Dinah Laurel Lance. She was split into two, so later on they were mother and daughter. The one we and modern comic readers know is Laurel. They don't really go into her origins past a point, so it's a-okay to do variations. I like Sara's Canary because Dinah on Smallville was too butch, gruff and bitchy for my tastes and Lori Laughlin...is a terrible idea for the Black Canary.

>_<

If Sara comes back I'll be thrilled,but I'm curious to see what they do and where they're headed.

Quote:
Oh okay... wait year one... does that mean Season 1? Cause Sara is only in Season 2.

I hope I like Laurel this season, I've been so/so about her since the first episode. I like Katie, so hopefully Laurel has a good storyline to work with.

Oliver/Sarah, I love them... although they were written better before they got back together.

I loved her looking out for Sin. Sara really didn't have much to be happy for during Season 2, I'd love to see her smile a bit more for season 3.
It was a look back at season one and the 1st four episodes of S2. I was baffled, but that's what happens when you use streams and torrents.

Sara is the more qualified one,for sure. They captured the Black Canary's background and training really,really well. I need a damn superhero meeting with Barry,Sara and Oliver. If the peeps at Gotham and Constantine want in, they should,too.

I didn't really like Laurel,but she did have some mild chemistry with Oliver. I just liked her a lot better with Tommy and they had a healthy relationship.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:38 PM
Absolute Fan

Laurel was ALWAYS going to eventually be the Black Canary; Berlanti, Guggenheim, and Co. just chose to play with audience expectations and build up to her taking on that rolel by introducing a 'precursor Canary', which is exactly what they did with Oliver taking on the role of Green Arrow (Yao Fei being the'precursor GA') and Slade Wilson becoming Deathstroke (Billy Wintergreen from Season 1 being the 'precursor Deathstroke').
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 09-14-2014, 09:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
Laurel was ALWAYS going to eventually be the Black Canary; Berlanti, Guggenheim, and Co. just chose to play with audience expectations and build up to her taking on that rolel by introducing a 'precursor Canary', which is exactly what they did with Oliver taking on the role of Green Arrow (Yao Fei being the'precursor GA') and Slade Wilson becoming Deathstroke (Billy Wintergreen from Season 1 being the 'precursor Deathstroke').
Where'd you hear that? The closer it is to comic canon,the happier I am. They did the same thing with Clark on Smallville, right? They kept swearing that we'd never see him fly, show the symbol, be with Lois and other stuff, but it all eventually happened.

I want Sara to come back next season because if we're getting more Ras Al Goul(sp?),then it stands to reason that Talia and Nyssa will be back,too. She and her ex having time onscreen together would rock.

(For those who forgot or didn't see the 3rd Batman movie, Talia is the daughter of the villain from the 1st movie, Ras Al Goul)
Old 09-14-2014, 09:53 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Where'd you hear that?
Berlanti and Co. stated it back when it was first announced that Caity Lotz would be showing up as The Canary, and have continued to repeat it since then.

I would've thought it was fairly common knowledge by now.
Old 09-14-2014, 11:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think they're pushing to make Laurel the new one because the original one was named Dinah Laurel Lance. She was split into two, so later on they were mother and daughter. The one we and modern comic readers know is Laurel. They don't really go into her origins past a point, so it's a-okay to do variations. I like Sara's Canary because Dinah on Smallville was too butch, gruff and bitchy for my tastes and Lori Laughlin...is a terrible idea for the Black Canary.

Yes I know Laurel's going to be the Black Canary, but I think it fits very well on Sara and I won't feel the same way with Laurel
Old 09-15-2014, 03:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think they shot themselves in the foot with the canary story. I don't think they though caity and Sara would go down so well. Plus people prefer felicity. Katie never had a chemistry test with Steven and it shows, then they brought in an actual trained fighter to be canary. Caity is believable as canary, Katie hasn't shown that yo me during arrow.

We'll need a title soon.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:52 AM
Absolute Fan

^ Laurel taking on the identity doesn't mean we can't/won't see Sara use it as well.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:33 AM
Master Fan

^That's what I wonder. If Laurel is going to be The Canary, what's going to happen to Sara?
Old 09-15-2014, 08:45 AM
Obsessed Fan

Whatever they decide to do with Sara, I hope it's amazing.
Old 09-15-2014, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll start the new thread!
Old 09-15-2014, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

http://www.fanforum.com/f394/canary-.../#post77994607

New thread
Closed Thread   Post New Thread