Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Mid-Season TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2017, 10:55 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Arrow

6 months does seem really fast. If they have a long engagement though it might not be so bad.

I was with my guy 8 years before i decided to marry him though.
Cmtaylor531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Wars
Chris Pine

Nothing wrong with that in current society some people don't marry and stay common law
Old 06-12-2017, 06:57 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Arrow

To be honest, I'm not surprised. I've seen a lot of celebrities marrying after dating just for several months. Tell me which celebrity you know that married after years being together and then I'll be surprised. That always made me wonder if it was something common for people from the USA or UK too. I've been dating my boyfriend for 5 years and although we have the idea of starting a family in a future, we don't have plans for marriage yet. That is something common here.
Charlone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Arrow

It does seem common for celebrities to marry fast and divorce almost as fast. Kaley cuoco comes to mind.

I don't think it's really common for most people in US to marry so soon after getting together. I guess it just depends on personality type. Most people I know wouldn't even consider it until a least a year or more together. I think I know an older couple that married after like 3 months dating but they also were in their late 40s and already had been married divorced wit kids. They both knew what they wanted and expected from marriage. So I guess I could see that.
Old 06-13-2017, 12:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Wars
Chris Pine

Wasn't Kaley with or is with Paul Blackthorne
Old 06-13-2017, 09:30 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by have a little faith (View Post)
Wasn't Kaley with or is with Paul Blackthorne
I think there was a rumor they were dating but I don't think it's true. They are both animal activists though. I don't follow her enough to know much of anything though.

Last edited by Cmtaylor531; 06-13-2017 at 07:39 PM
Old 06-13-2017, 03:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmtaylor531 (View Post)
It does seem common for celebrities to marry fast and divorce almost as fast. Kaley cuoco comes to mind.

I don't think it's really common for most people in US to marry so soon after getting together. I guess it just depends on personality type. Most people I know wouldn't even consider it until a least a year or more together. I think I know an older couple that married after like 3 months dating but they also were in their late 40s and already had been married divorced wit kids. They both knew what they wanted and expected from marriage. So I guess I could see that.
I think it really depend on the person. In my opinion. If you know the person you are with is definitely the one then it can be more likely to get engaged quicker. My best friends sister was only with her husband for about 5 months before they got engaged. But my friends other sister was with her husband for over 3 years before they got engaged.

But I definitely agree about celebs. It's almost a norm for celebs to get engaged and married extremely fast .

ღ Oliver&Felicity ღ Nathan&Haley ღ Wade&Zoe ღ Steve&Catherine ღ Vincent&Cat ღ
RissB_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 08:02 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Perhaps the life as a celebrity is different. Marriage means to them an actual promise to form a family and be together, and being in a relationship is like dating someone. They are always busy so I think that's the big difference from people who are not famous.
I guess it depends on the personality of every person. You may think that that boy or girl is the one, but perhaps you're actually in love and can't see clearly what kind of person you're marrying. The most important things that usually breaks couples here is living together, work and money.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:52 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Arrow

I'm a big believer in living together before marriage. You don't truly know a person until you do. I'm sure my grandmother would not have approved.

Last edited by Cmtaylor531; 06-15-2017 at 10:09 AM
Old 06-15-2017, 01:02 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Me too. One friend had a baby with a his ex and when she was pregnant they decided to live together. Three months after the baby was born, they broke up.
Also, people these days aren't tolerant and they argue about little things. Two people could marry after several months dating if they had the will to be a mature person and couple.
But well, I just hope that Katie is not the next Kaley. She seems to be very happy with her boyfriend.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Wars
Chris Pine

Back to Katie

She did this last summer we saw info and pics of her being involved with a video game but we just found out when this was released was hoping Injustice 2 but nope
Old 06-16-2017, 11:03 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Arrow

I can't help but think it's some different earth where Laurel followed in daddy's footsteps and became a cop.
Old 06-17-2017, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Wars
Chris Pine

We can completely pretend its a different Earth - whatever one HR is from

"found what I was looking for" Knew wasn't imaging So yea last June-July but she kept herself busy, think did 1-2 Indy movies too

Hidden Agenda (2017) - Promotional Picture related to the video game

I had been looking for these

Last edited by crash landing; 06-17-2017 at 05:55 PM
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 09:03 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Arrow

We need to see Katie playing a role of a cop more frequently is it a tv show or a film?
Old 06-18-2017, 10:47 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Arrow

I wish I had Katie's legs. Sadly got my dad's body. Mom is ver 6ft and so slender. Always has been. Makes me jealous.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top