Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2016, 12:01 AM
Absolute Fan

I'm sorry, but articles like the above do far more disservice to the character than the show/showrunners actually did. I don't see the logic in making Laurel the "death character" here when there are others they could've chosen, but, aside from the misstep of Marc Guggenheim publicly giving the "anti-Laurel" crowd fuel for their opinions back in Season 2, the show did actually give the character her due for the time she was part of the series.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 04-07-2016, 12:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ That might be your opinion, which you are entitled to, but it certainly is not mine and I am definitely allowed my opinion on how much they did disservice Laurel and the BC on this show.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:10 AM
Absolute Fan

^ Nothing about my last post was opinion-based.

Laurel had a very organic and well-thought-out character arc that actually paralleled Oliver's far more than any other character on the series (including Sara, whose arc existed solely to further Laurel's).
Old 04-07-2016, 12:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think her arc was well thought out or executed in a way that was memorable for the character. That is it.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:26 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glader|4|Life (View Post)
I don't think her arc was well thought out or executed in a way that was memorable for the character. That is it.
If you're not a fan of how the character was portrayed on the show, why are you posting in a thread dedicated to her and how she was portrayed on the show?
Old 04-07-2016, 12:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter (View Post)
If you're not a fan of how the character was portrayed on the show, why are you posting in a thread dedicated to her and how she was portrayed on the show?
I don't owe you an explanation, but considering you asked so nicely.... I wished, and continually hoped for Laurel to get better treatment, and I love Katie. I have every right to be in this thread, and to air my grievances as to why I think Laurel/BC deserved better, especially in an episode where she died.
Old 04-07-2016, 12:43 AM
Absolute Fan

We saw Laurel go through her own "crucible" (like Ollie did on the island), come out the other side stronger, and honor her sister's memory by becoming the character she was always destined to be. What more did you want?
Old 04-07-2016, 12:58 AM
Total Fan

Thanks for the new thread

Thanks for the article it said exactly what I felt only better put.

icon by

Sarah
Old 04-07-2016, 07:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

She will still appear on Flash earth 2 and Vixen . Never know if Legands of Tommorrow might run into pre black canary Laurel ..

Quote:
By Vlada Gelman / April 6 2016, 6:01 PM PDT http://tvline.com/2016/04/06/katie-c...n-4-interview/
Warning: The following contains major spoilers for Wednesday’s Arrow.
The CW’s Arrow said goodbye to a member of the team during Wednesday night’s episode, and the departing castmember was on board with the deadly twist.

“I was OK with it,” Katie Cassidy said during a recent press screening of the game-changing hour, which found Laurel being stabbed by Damien Darhk and later flatlining at the hospital. “We all sort of came to an understanding that this is what was going to happen, and it made sense to me.”
Arrow Laurel Dies“The shock value is good” and gives the writers’ room “a jolt,” she continued. “It’s such a turn in the story that it gives them so much more to do and places to go with it. Otherwise, I feel like shows can get stale.”

To be sure, Cassidy got her own jolt when she learned that it would be Laurel in that flash-forward grave from the Season 4 opener. “I actually had found out right before [shooting] the court scenes” in the episode “Broken Hearts,” the actress recalled. “I just was like, ‘OK, I need to put this on the backburner for now,’ because I had a huge day of all legal jargon.”

Then came the tough task of filming the lawyer/superhero’s heartbreaking final moments. “That scene when I’m in the hospital and I say goodbye [and] I say to the team, ‘I never wanted this. I was thinking of giving up the Black Canary. I can do it,’ it was so real shooting it,” Cassidy shared, “because it was my saying goodbye to the team and all of us. So it definitely wasn’t difficult for me to get to that emotional point.” As “hard” as it was to deal with the overwhelming feelings in that exchange, “I felt like that was good,” she added. “It was genuine, and it was real.”
Looking back at her time on the CW series, “Since Season 2 up until now, Laurel has had a truly amazing journey,” Cassidy said. “They’ve written so well for me, and I’ve had such an incredible arc.”
http://tvline.com/2016/04/06/arrow-k...rave-season-4/

Arrow Laurel DiesGiven her love of playing a comic book crimefighter come to life, it’s no surprise that Cassidy says that trying on the Black Canary jacket — which she got to keep, along with the mask — was one of her most memorable moments on the show. “I still get a little choked up talking about it because I was so excited,” she shared. “I’d been waiting for that moment. That, for me, was sort of the turning point. My character had a really hard time [in Season 2]. As an actor, the writers were writing so brilliantly, and it was great to be able to take on that challenge and go there and then hit rock bottom and come back on top.
“Also, fight training and getting to be a strong female character who’s also out there kicking some ass was something that was cool,” she continued, “and I had a blast doing it.”

Cassidy will also miss the camaraderie of the job. “I love everyone on set, I love our crew,” she said. “Being there for four-and-a-half years, they’ve become family, so it’s hard not to get to go into work everyday and get to work with such amazing people. That part is certainly sad.”
It’s lucky then that death isn’t necessarily the end for an actor in the Arrowverse: Cassidy appears via flashbacks in Episode 19 and later this spring will play Earth-Two’s Laurel, aka Black Siren, on The Flash, in addition to lending her voice to Vixen Season 2.

“In the future, you never know what can happen,” Cassidy admitted. “As they know, I’m always happy to come play with them if they time travel and whatnot.”

As for Laurel’s legacy, it’s “definitely important” to the actress that her character be remembered as someone who “was always such a good person and had such a good heart and was a fighter.”[/quote]

Last edited by Logan; 04-07-2016 at 07:30 AM
Old 04-07-2016, 07:54 AM
Elite Fan

TFTNT.

Sorry I went to sleep in the middle of the discussion last night.

Guys agree to disagree and move on.

As for the article I agree on some Levels but also disagree on others. I guess I see both sides of the arguement. As you can see I can never really pick sides.

Im also one of those people that think Laurel has had a great arc from S1 until now. Im a huge fan of the S2 arc and seeing her struggle and overcome it. I also really loved her S3 arch even if it was rushed.

Last edited by Cmtaylor531; 04-07-2016 at 07:59 AM
Old 04-07-2016, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Just wanted to say Black Canary is alive and well in the comics so if any of you want your fix of the real Black Canary/Laurel Lance, I will bet the comics will put a smile to your face. Just look at my signature, she's amazing and yes, very much alive... something Guggenheim can never change.
Old 04-07-2016, 08:19 AM
New Fan

'Well, last nite was it for me, as far I'm concerned, Season 4 is the final season for this show. And as for our gurl Katie, she is much better off, I believe that she will get a new show soon & hopefully it won't be on the CW, she needs to blackball their behinds. So goodbye Arrow, GoodBye & Good Riddance!!!'
Old 04-07-2016, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Well definitely had a moment of sadness when I started to get the idea through the episode that Laurel was the one to die. Going to miss her. I started to really like Laurel and Oliver's friendship.

But am I the only one who isn't extremely mad about it?? Or mad about how they sent her off? I thought her send off was good because besides her father which I'm upset about, she got to have her goodbyes with the team, and her closure with Oliver....

Icon by: ***BLONDIE***
Old 04-07-2016, 04:03 PM
New Fan

Hi, Laurel fan here. Can I please be added to the fan list? She is my favorite female characters, and she will always be. I was heartbroken with what happened on last night's episode.
Old 04-07-2016, 04:11 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RissB_23 (View Post)
Am I the only one who isn't extremely mad about it?? Or mad about how they sent her off?
I'm not mad. I'm disappointed that they chose to kill her off since she wasn't the only viable option by any means and I do wish that Marc Guggenheim wouldn't be trying to pretend like he's always done right by the character (because publicly giving the "anti-Laurel" crowd fuel for their opinions was a very big mistake), but I'm not going to let my disappointment in the decision cancel out everything else that they did right with regards to the character.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread