Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2016, 12:20 PM
Elite Fan

Im excited to see more of Black Siren as well. It will be in interesting contrast to how they handled Laurel from the beginning. This time we will see what Black Canary could have been like had they already had her training to be in the role once Oliver came back which i think they should have IMO but you no more Evil.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:27 PM
Total Fan

I think it's going to be great to see what she could have been. Black Canary had so many stories to be told and I honestly wish we got to see them.

Katie looked great training today. I adored all the pictures.

icon by

Sarah
Old 08-25-2016, 10:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Babble (View Post)
What to do want to change?
For Laurel not to be dead.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:29 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
For Laurel not to be dead.
Her not being dead would be so wonderful. I'm sad that they won't do that.

icon by

Sarah
Old 08-27-2016, 02:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnyolaf (View Post)
I think it's going to be great to see what she could have been. Black Canary had so many stories to be told and I honestly wish we got to see them.

Katie looked great training today. I adored all the pictures.
I agree We could also say that Laurel had so many stories to be told.

At least we'll have the opportunity to see more of Black Siren
Old 08-27-2016, 11:32 PM
Total Fan

I would love to have seen them explore Laurel so much more. I think it would have been nice to see her mention that she was going to an AA meeting every once in awhile.

icon by

Sarah
Old 08-29-2016, 06:36 AM
New Fan

I do hope that her character and personality evolves though. I personally liked Sara more, but hopefully Laurel could change my mind eventually as the story progresses.
Old 08-29-2016, 10:55 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpath9 (View Post)
I do hope that her character and personality evolves though. I personally liked Sara more, but hopefully Laurel could change my mind eventually as the story progresses.
I truly think if given the chance Katie could have won over a ton of people as Laurel. To me she was so relatable. For me the whole addiction storyline hot close to home and I thought she did a wonderful job with it.

icon by

Sarah
Old 08-30-2016, 08:50 PM
Master Fan

^I would think the same, but the truth is that the writers didn't give her the opportunity to win more fans. Many people hated her because of the addiction storyline. It was actually interesting and it developed her character to the point she decided she had to be strong for her family and friends. But if you see it from another point of view, it was an awful moment for her that didn't make justice for her character, not even for Black Canary.
Old 08-31-2016, 02:05 AM
Elite Fan

Worst thing about season 2 is that she was right about Sebastian Blood and never got any validation for the hell she went through.
Old 09-04-2016, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

First off on any TV show I watch , killing off a character is sad and sometimes angers the fans , but bringing them back to life is even worse . I can only assume with Flash storyline legends of tomorrow , some version of Black Canary,(edit in legends of tomorrow ) is returning as said above black siren on Flash . Not knowing if siren will show up on Arrow

Just wanted to get that out there , The Blacklist had a huge death last season only to tell / show us at the finale she was alive .. Not cool .

Katie was on The game show which years on the CW network in the US " whose line is it anyway " there is a clip of her dancing etc pretty funny ! The show takes a subject and the comedians and special guests on stage act out the topic . I saw a clip and once I find it again i'll post it .

Beach photo from a few weeks ago

Last edited by Logan; 09-04-2016 at 12:35 PM
Old 09-04-2016, 07:36 PM
Master Fan

^We know how the writers are. She stopped being a focus for the writers when season 3 started, she just became in another team member of Team Arrow while her romantic story with Oliver disappeared from the map on its enterity. I guess they didn't care about her so they're not willing to bring her back to life as it happened with Sara or Thea. Although Sara's death probably would have remained as a death if the writers hadn't had the idea to bring Sara and make her become the White Canary, and Thea's death just had a purpose for the LoA plot, I don't think Laurel would have that luck.

Thanks for bringing us those videos! I'll watch it right now
Old 09-04-2016, 07:39 PM
Elite Fan

Things would be different if Kreisberg had stayed.
Old 09-05-2016, 06:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Things would be different if Kreisberg had stayed.
Would it?, Im not so sure about that. Its just seems like its an Arrow writers room culture to hate and demean this character.

However as Black Siren on The Flash, and with writers who have no agenda to make her less than because of Felicity/Olicity favoritism, she may be given a chance to flourish on The Flash.

Last edited by Honeycutt; 09-05-2016 at 06:50 AM
Old 09-05-2016, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeycutt (View Post)

Would it?, Im not so sure about that. Its just seems like its an Arrow writers room culture to hate and demean this character.

However as Black Siren on The Flash, and with writers who have no agenda to make her less than because of Felicity/Olicity favoritism, she may be given a chance to flourish on The Flash.
Yes ,not to belittle the fans of this Olicity , but sadly that is one of the most negative remarks i see about the show . So many feel Olicity being shoved down our throats that is turning off a lot of fans .

Hey i am happy Katie has a deal to be a part of CW hero shows. I started watching after Season 2 . So i go to see the whole Laurel Oliver drama storyline play out in short period of time . I binged watched the first 2 seasons ..

The Flash has it is own way of doing love stories and relationships ,seems t work better.

Frankly after Laurel death, I had hoped to see Katie in a different drama or comedy show .
Closed Thread   Post New Thread