Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2015, 11:28 AM
Loyal Fan

I am really gonna miss Roy!!! Like Tommy too. Nothing will ever be the same.

Icon by: fanforum
Old 04-17-2015, 02:43 PM
Moderator Support Team

I am going miss Roy
Old 04-17-2015, 09:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss-rebel86 (View Post)
I am really gonna miss Roy!!! Like Tommy too. Nothing will ever be the same.
The things is that Tommy died. He can be in flashbacks but it won't be the same. I don't want to expect so much from Colton and the writers but I have this feelings that he'll come back sometime.

He's going to be missed! I can't wait to watch some fanvids to honor him!
Old 04-18-2015, 07:54 AM
New Fan

I really hope Roy comes back. He became one of the main cast. Team Arrow isn't the same without him :'( They can't get rid of him like this.
Old 04-19-2015, 08:46 PM
Master Fan

yeah... not sure what it is, if they didn't try to resign him or if CH just wanted to move on. not clear on that...

but regardless, I do hope he comes back. He grew on me a lot more than he had in some ways this season. and it hurts not knowing if we are going to be able to continue to see that
Old 04-19-2015, 08:54 PM
Elite Fan

^Yeah I feel like it's still unclear whether this was CH's decision to leave or if tptb for some reason I will never understand just didn't want to extend his contract. There doesn't seem to be any hard feelings coming from either side but nobody is specifically saying who's idea it was either. I feel like it is more likely to be CH's decision because like I said I can't imagine why they wouldn't want to extend his contract if CH was interested in staying. He's certainly earned it and there are tons more stories they can tell with him. But at the same time I don't really understand why CH would be in such a hurry to leave a steady acting job he really seemed to enjoy. So honestly I don't know what is going on. All I know is I did not see this coming, CH leaving the show like this. And I know I am going to miss Roy so much. I love him so much. And it's definitely never going to be the same again.

Also vote for Colton in the E! Alpha Male poll. It's really just a silly little poll that's kind of meaningless since you can vote as many times as you want, but I really want Colton to win it. Kind as like a little thank you for being so awesome as Roy. His fans demolished the competition in the last bracket although, the guy who plays Jack on Revenge isn't the toughest competition on the list. New bracket starts tomorrow, no idea who's he up against next. I've been voting for Stephen a lot too, but like I said I really want Colton to win. Spread the word. Alpha]Alpha Male Madness 2015: Vote For Your Favorite Leading Man in Round 2 Now! | E! Online
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/

Last edited by IBelieveInMiracles; 04-19-2015 at 11:26 PM
Old 04-19-2015, 10:48 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangirling24x7 (View Post)
I really hope Roy comes back. He became one of the main cast. Team Arrow isn't the same without him :'( They can't get rid of him like this.
ya I hope so
Team Arrow isn't the same without him
Old 04-20-2015, 07:07 AM
Loyal Fan

I am going to miss Roy too and I am glad he's not dead. I also liked that tptb gave him such a great episode/story to go out on. His fight scene in the prison was awesome! It seems in the last few fights he's been in he's gotten taken out early (like being zapped Ray) or been saved by someone else. I loved seeing him put all his skills to use to take down four thugs at once all on his own while in handcuffs.

I also loved that he was the one who orchestrated the whole plan- another skill he learned from Oliver- and demonstrated such confidence in his ability to handle himself and in the team's ability to do their parts.

I really enjoyed his story arc and if he had to go, this was a great way to do it.
Old 04-20-2015, 04:59 PM
Elite Fan

^Agree.

Guys vote for Colton in the E! Alpha Male poll. Right now he's losing to Nathan Fillion, who has pretty big fanbase. But we can totally help Colton beat him. We have until Wednesday. Alpha Male Madness 2015: Vote in the Sweet 16 Now! | E! Online
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 04-20-2015, 05:34 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanoffelicity (View Post)
I am going to miss Roy too and I am glad he's not dead. I also liked that tptb gave him such a great episode/story to go out on. His fight scene in the prison was awesome! It seems in the last few fights he's been in he's gotten taken out early (like being zapped Ray) or been saved by someone else. I loved seeing him put all his skills to use to take down four thugs at once all on his own while in handcuffs.

I also loved that he was the one who orchestrated the whole plan- another skill he learned from Oliver- and demonstrated such confidence in his ability to handle himself and in the team's ability to do their parts.

I really enjoyed his story arc and if he had to go, this was a great way to do it.
I agree
Old 04-20-2015, 10:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
yeah... not sure what it is, if they didn't try to resign him or if CH just wanted to move on. not clear on that...
I have this feeling that Colton wanted to do something more... However, I haven't seen an actor leaving a show while having a interesting and important character to play who has gained so much protagonism in this last season.

Can we vote for Colton? I don't know why but I can't figure out how to do it, it's like the website doesn't allow me to do it, or maybe it's not open yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanoffelicity (View Post)
I didn't see this, but you're right! Good point of view. Roy learned so many lessons in this season with Oliver leaving several times, and without having knowledge of it, he has won respect and some leadership in TA.
Old 04-20-2015, 11:59 PM
Elite Fan

So it is seeming more and more like Colton didn't want to be committed to the show as a series regular anymore. Found this article. Arrow's Colton Haynes Teases Roy Harper Return on Twitter | Comicbook.com

More talk of Colton not being sure about joining another series after Teen Wolf and his two year contract. Of course no one is coming out and saying straight up Colton wanted to leave. Just really seems to be the case. Not sure what he has against a steady acting job though, lol. Seemed like a fun job too. Can't say I understand why he wouldn't want to continue on the show. Is he really getting that many movie offers? So far it seems like he just has the one and I'm not sure how big it is considering I didn't see him in the trailer. I mean I think he could have an amazing career and I want that for him, I just don't understand why he was in such a hurry to leave the show as a regular. You can make movies on your off time from the show, Stephen is doing that now. I don't know, I guess CH just has to do what makes him happy. Sad to see him leave though. I guess I'm just going to have to be happy he didn't get killed off and the possibility exists to see him again.
Old 04-21-2015, 01:35 AM
Master Fan

yeah, it does seem that Colton maybe didn't want to commit. maybe. IDK. Interesting. Thanks

as for why he'd leave... who knows? I don't even know if its about the movie thing. could be. or it might be that he just wanted ... IDK... more? I mean, sure, he was important on Arrow but maybe he felt like he was more ready to become a more integral character on a show?

I mean, I like Roy but realistically, he's not in the top 5 probably of importance. or if he is... he's #5.

Oliver (Duh) Felicity, Diggle, Thea and then ? Depending on your POV it might be Roy, Laurel, etc... so IDK. Maybe he wants to be, if not ready to be a "lead" than the leads #1 go to guy or something like that. Find something where he can be someone's Diggle or Felicity, etc...

clearly have no idea and am just speculating
Old 04-21-2015, 10:56 PM
Master Fan

Despite whether he had many offers or not, if he wanted to stay on Arrow, he'd have renewed his contract or simply told Marc "I want to stay". I don't see a bad thing on having a job in a tv show as a regular, I know that not everyone would accept to make 10 seasons like some did in Smallville, but Roy had so much to be explored and he left in his best moment... I'm not trying to offend Colton's fans but he prefers the movies for a reason... maybe he makes more money working in movies or he wants to be more famous. No matter what ha wants to do with his life, he really lost a big opportunity. I know the writers would open their arms to him if he wants to come back, but not every actor/actress has that kind of opportunity in other tv shows or even on Arrow. Colton is still young, he's able to do both, some movies and playing Roy Harper, but it's his decision and we have to respect it.

So, yeah, I totally agree with what you said, IBelieveInMiracles.

I don't know if the show has a top... I would take Oliver and Laurel as the first ones in the top (because they have a story together or individually in the comics, beyond the tv show), and then Diggle, Felicity and Roy are there. Thea is too important too, she would be basically with them, but I'm not sure because I didn't see so much development in her throughout season 2.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:11 AM
Master Fan

I don't know if I believe the show made an offer to him though.

They have said they knew Roy's fate since the beginning, since Colton signed on. I'm not sure if that sounds like they really made a great effort to bring him back now...

I think even keeping him alive kind of is like " we'll, we like enough to maybe bring you back some day but not today"

kind of thing to some degree.

Either is possible and we simply don't know which is which or it could have been mutual.

they could have said look, it might be in your best interest to move on right now since we have a lot on our plate and can't promise you anything and Colton might have agreed.