Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2014, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

2x13 Heir to the Demon: Episode Discussion

heir to the demon
2x13 - episode discussion

ALEX KINGSTON AND KATRINA LAW
(“SPARTACUS”) GUEST STAR

As Laurel (Katie Cassidy) continues to unravel, Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Lance (Paul Blackthorne) try to convince Sara (guest star Caity Lotz) to stay in Starling City and finally reunite with Laurel and Dinah (guest star Alex Kingston). However, Sara’s fellow League of Assassins member, Nyssa (guest star Katrina Law, “Spartacus”), comes to bring Sara back to the fold, but when Sara refuses, Nyssa kidnaps Dinah. Realizing she’s putting her family in danger by staying in town, Sara considers re-joining the league.

Wendey Stanzler directed the episode written by Jake Coburn (#213).

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
kostilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:02 PM
Master Fan

well... hm.

Oliver and Sarah? Wonder how long that lasts. Oliver's got quite the group of love interests himself or hook up buddies - Laurel, Sarah, Felicity, slept with Isabell and the Huntress, drawing a complete brain freeze on her name, and of course, Shado at one time. Ollie's got it going on.

Oliver knows about Thea being Malcolm's daughter... interesting. Considering that secret and of course his own are going to probably destroy Thea if and when she finds out.

Loved Nyssa.

Blood and Moira were okay and I liked Moira / Felicity's encounter.

Other than that? IDK.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

I loved it
Nyssa/Sara relationship was beautiful. I got misty-eyed when she said "In the name of Ras Al Ghul, I release you"

And none of our guessing prepared me for that hookup at the end. I loved it.

Caity & Katrina stole the show tonight.

Moira/Felicity scenes were intense. I'm still miffed at her for poking around but the fallout was worth all the trouble.
celestial_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:12 PM
Master Fan

^

yeah, but I wonder if Ras is going to let it go? Probably but I mean, a guy who runs a international ring of assassains doesn't exactly seem like the type to let people walk away, whether his daughter wants him to or not.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:14 PM
Master Fan

I loved this episode, it was my favorite yet. Nyssa was an awesome and badass. I don't blame Sara for falling for her.

I liked that the Sara/Nyssa was just played as two women that loved each other (even though Nyssa's was a little crazy).

Sara/Oliver. Called it. And it was hot. But those two make the worst decisions. I guess after what they went through, they don't really know how to deal with their emotions other than working out, fighting or having sex.

Kudos to Caity doing part of the salmon ladder! Girl's got killer abs. So I think her abs and Oliver's abs wanted to hook up.

And I don't know if it was intended meta but when Laurel said Sara stole her whole life. I was like yep, Caity's the one only Black Canary. ;D
Coconut1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
^

yeah, but I wonder if Ras is going to let it go? Probably but I mean, a guy who runs a international ring of assassains doesn't exactly seem like the type to let people walk away, whether his daughter wants him to or not.
Ras won't.. but i still wonder about Nyssa's "In the name of Ras Al Ghul". Can she speak for him? idk. We'll see. It's surely not the end.

-
@ Coconut, I loved tonight's episode too. Thanks for reminding me about the salmon ladder, i need gifs stat!
And I can't be the only 1 feeling the Ollie/Sara hook up? right? I don't think it's a mistake at all. It's a culmination of things..emotions were rampant lol (and no shipper goggles here..I was on the olicity train..i hope i still am..idk anymore).
-
-oh and 2 seconds of Slade? Blasphemy. He deserves more screen time (although, i do like the teasing).

- Moira scares me and Felicity better watch her back.
Old 02-05-2014, 07:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Coconut, I loved tonight's episode too. Thanks for reminding me about the salmon ladder, i need gifs stat!
And I can't be the only 1 feeling the Ollie/Sara hook up? right? I don't think it's a mistake at all. It's a culmination of things..emotions were rampant lol (and no shipper goggles here..I was on the olicity train..i hope i still am..idk anymore).
It's a mistake because they're both in the wrong emotional state for it. I don't just mean because of the events in this episode. I think Sara needs time to heal before she could be in a fully functional relationship but I hope this romance helps both Oliver and Sara heal.

I love Sara, she is just the perfect Black Canary and she gets better every episode. Her decision to sacrifice herself in order to save her mom, while keeping to her ideals (no more killing) was an epic hero move, as was telling Oliver not to kill Nyssa.
DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 08:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar (View Post)
It's a mistake because they're both in the wrong emotional state for it. I don't just mean because of the events in this episode. I think Sara needs time to heal before she could be in a fully functional relationship but I hope this romance helps both Oliver and Sara heal.

I love Sara, she is just the perfect Black Canary and she gets better every episode. Her decision to sacrifice herself in order to save her mom, while keeping to her ideals (no more killing) was an epic hero move, as was telling Oliver not to kill Nyssa.
Realistically speaking, neither of them should be in a relationship right now that's for sure.
We all knew that at some point they will get together. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it made sense for them to hook up. Emotions were running high and they were both at a low point. If anything this will help them come to an understanding about where their feelings truly lie and ofcourse they had unfinished business.
I could be projecting but that's how I interpreted it.

-
I nearly had a coronary when I figured out that she used the venom on herself. This was truly Sara's episode and Caity killed it
Old 02-05-2014, 08:43 PM
Elite Fan

So glad to finally have a little bit about Felicity, highlight of the ep for me.

As far as the rest idk there's too much going on for my taste. I wasn't super into most of it.

Oliver/Sara just makes me sad for both of them tbh, they're just taking two steps back imo. Add Laurel into the mix and it's just a mess that does no favors for any of the characters involved. Meh.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:55 PM
Master Fan

^

not sure they are taking steps back. I agree that its going to be a mess with Laurel but given that he thought she was dead after coming back from the island I don't think that they really got a chance to flesh things out... and know she's into the same line of work that he is and she and he have both matured and suffered and lost together, etc...

so it shall be interesting what happens.

Create a mess? Yep.

Two steps back? I don't know bout that.

I agree that they weren't in a good place to start a relationship, etc... but was not surprised by that
Old 02-05-2014, 08:57 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Realistically speaking, neither of them should be in a relationship right now that's for sure.
We all knew that at some point they will get together. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it made sense for them to hook up. Emotions were running high and they were both at a low point. If anything this will help them come to an understanding about where their feelings truly lie and ofcourse they had unfinished business.
I could be projecting but that's how I interpreted it.
Oh it's totally realistic, they were both hurting, and reaching out for comfort. I had no problem with what happened but I just don't see it lasting very long. At the same time I hope their time together helps them heal a bit emotionally so that they're eventually ready to handle real relationships either together or with other people.
DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:24 PM
Master Fan

^

real relationships?

while it did come from being hurt I do think that there is something real there... whether it lasts or not I have no idea
Old 02-05-2014, 10:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
while it did come from being hurt I do think that there is something real there... whether it lasts or not I have no idea
Yeah thats what I think too, this was more about comfort but their connection has grown over the years, and now there is something there.

1x14
Katrina Law/Nyssa did not disappoint, she was a freaking badass. One of the few villains I can really root for in this show. You really get where she is coming from.
Loved Felicity's scenes. She and Walter are always awesome. Loved her scenes with Moira and Oliver, talk about being put in a tight spot. Those two women are gold together in scenes, they should worked together more often. Emily Rickards really got to stretch her acting muscles doing serious scenes and she was brilliant.
Lance Reunion - so many feels. Detective Lance was a brilliant father in this, as usual.
Oliver/Sara/Nyssa - OT3. So much chemistry on both sides.
Sara working with Team Arrow - *happy dance*
Where is Roooy?? . I would have thought he would be at the campaign at least.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:12 PM
Master Fan

yeah, kind of let down that there was no Roy. I mean, he goes from being introduced last episode to not even in the episode really?

I get that there was all the flash backs and everything going on but still... seemed a tad weird.

I mean, we got a 40 second shot of Slade but no Roy or Thea, etc. Oh well, I guess for this episode Thea/Roy/Sin were together somewhere off screen doing something

loved Nyssa... almost wanted her to stick around and become a regular thorn in the side of the group or something. the casting department is really hit the ball well out of the park right now just about every time IMO
Old 02-05-2014, 10:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar (View Post)
Oh it's totally realistic, they were both hurting, and reaching out for comfort. I had no problem with what happened but I just don't see it lasting very long. At the same time I hope their time together helps them heal a bit emotionally so that they're eventually ready to handle real relationships either together or with other people.
Good to know that I'm not projecting then. I was seriously considering if it was because of my stan goggles .
This could or could not work, the relationship itself won't bother me but other people's reactions just might annoy me. I hope not.
Although, I am looking forward to Helena's reaction .
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top