Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2013, 01:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

2x02 Identity: Episode Dicussion

identity
2x02 - episode discussion

DC COMICS’ BRONZE TIGER AND CHINA WHITE
WREAK HAVOC ON THE GLADES

Oliver (Stephen Amell) finds out the medicine that is being sent to Glades Memorial is being hijacked by thieves. Without an influx of supplies, the hospital will close. Roy (Colton Haynes) attempts to stop the thieves, but he fails and is arrested by Officer Lance (Paul Blackthorne). Oliver gets into a heated battle with China White (guest star Kelly Hu) and her new partner, Ben Turner, AKA the Bronze Tiger (guest star Michael Jai White), over the supplies. Meanwhile, Laurel (Katie Cassidy) makes plans to catch the Arrow, and Thea (Willa Holland) gives Roy an ultimatum.

Nick Copus directed the episode written by Ben Sokolowski & Beth Schwartz (#202).

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©

Last edited by kostilicious; 10-23-2013 at 08:06 AM
kostilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I really enjoyed this episode.

The highlight of this episode was definitely the scenes with the A-Team, Felicity telling Oliver off most of the time was really great. Especially that scene where Felicity told Oliver about Diggle relationship with Carly, and it showed what a great friend and ally Diggle was for keeping his pain inside for the good of the team... and to not overwhelm Oliver with anything cause he felt Oliver dealt with enough.

I loved all the scenes between Oliver & Diggle in general though, I always like when they have some alone time. Digg being the great friend and Oliver apologizing for not being there for him.

It was good to see the team of Bronze Tiger and China White. Their fighting scenes was definitely fun to watch.

Poor Oliver Queen [Green Arrow] nobody really knows his suffering and his pain. Green Arrow really, Laurel went at him hard without really knowing anything at all... man whenever she finds out, she might be heartbroken. Tommy died in Oliver's arms, so no one feels the pain as much as him.

Also to add, I continue to love Roy but still not feeling Roy/Thea relationship.
This new partnership between Arrow & Row so unexpected! but I love it so much. It's very cool because Roy/Oliver aren't that cool, but Arrow/Roy are starting a partner ship.

Also the ending. didn't expect that... I'm surprised the writers went there... I don't see why I'm suppose to root for Oliver/Laurel yet... no episode thus far convinced me I should like them together and it's sad because I usually like the duo of Black Canary/Green Arrow... on anything else but on Arrow...

I guess it helps that Laurel isn't Black Canary yet. lol So I guess I'll like Oliver more with the female who's Black Canary on the show right now...

eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:45 PM
CTC
New Fan

You know I agree with all of that, I do still love the fact that the A-Team continues to be the focus and highlight of the show. And I find the dynamics within the group to be fascinating. I also have to say that this episode really seemed to reflect the changes/growth in the dynamic of the group. You mentioned Felicity telling Oliver off, instead of biting her tongue, the way she did last season. It seems like they're all on a far more equal and respectful playing field. I also enjoyed the Diggle Oliver stuff, which is always very fascinating and I was really happy to see them address how the two others in the lair were impacted by living double lives.

Also I have to agree with you about Laurel, last year i gave her the benefit of the doubt because it didn't feel like the writers gave her character much to work with, but this season it just feels like what they gave her is just kind of this nagging annoyance (if that makes sense). I think that she has become worse than her dad was originally when it comes to the hood and I just don't feel like the rational that they gave (Tommy being caught in the crossfire) is a good enough justification. I did love the ending though and am really looking forward to seeing the Black Canary.

Also I don't know if I'm in the minority when it comes to this, but thus far I'm enjoying the island flashbacks and trio immensely. There very similar to the A-Team where all the characters and obviously actors play extremely well off each other. Plus I have to say I like Shado a heck of a lot more than Laurel, at this point, so I'm curious to see what is going to happen or be the wedge between her and Oliver.

One last thought I have to say that the dialogue that Felicity and later Diggle have in the scene when Oliver is making her his secretary is absolutely hilarious. i think one of the funniest scenes of the entire series thus far.

Thanks for Reading.
CTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

CTC, I enjoyed that review from you and I also agree with you.

With Laurel, she's an interesting character to me... during Season 1. It didn't care for her as a character cause she seems more as a lvoe interest than a character and I don't get how she could forgive Oliver so quickly and put it under the rug and sleep with him because she believe he changed... and I didn't get to see where she saw that on screen... I mean she saw good in him in the past when he was cheating on her with her sister.

So I believe that could've gotten written way better, which is one of the reasons I couldn't really root for Oliver/Laurel on this show... now during S2, it seems like Laurel is finally getting some screentime as a stand alone character but the writers are creating this unnecessary Hood hate to give her a storyline.
I'm surprised because Laurel already isn't the most likable character on the show, so to add this... was a bit surprising.

I understand Laurel's disliking for Hood right now though... but I just need something else... because there has been nothing to make me want to root for Laurel or Oliver/Laurel as a pairing.

I just hope for an improvement because I really love Dinah 'Black Canary' Lance.... although I guess that's why I might like the other version of Arrow's Black Canary, since I'm not feeling Laurel at all right now...
I'm just so shocked & a bit upset with how Laurel is as a character right now, but I don't hate her... I just hope to enjoy her a bit more.

The A- Team definitely are the highlight of this show, and I'm happy the crew are capitalizing on that, and on the chemistry between the three.
Felicity being more of a vocal point this season makes me a bit happy. I like her not just sitting back... and it definitely seems like they are all three equals right now.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:38 AM
Obsessed Fan

The A-Team was amazing as always. It was classic. His girl Friday. Black driver that scene slayed me. That dynamic on the show is perfection, they really hit gold.

The development of Felicity, is just great, I love watching her evolve, the way she confronted Oliver boldly, (three...two...one) her working through her sexual innuendo slip ups.

Roy finally having a face to face with the Hood was great. I love the way he admires him and instantly listened to his instructions.

Laurel... what can I say. Let me start with her hating the Hood makes NO sense for two reasons:

1) What the heck could the Hood do when Tommy had a metal pipe sticking out of his chest?

2) It was her fault. The only reason Tommy went in there was to save her.

So her reasoning for going anti-the Hood is stupid.

Oh and 3) He had a lot to freakin' deal with that night, he couldn't have known Tommy (especially since he doesn't know him as the Hood) would be in the building at that exact time and get crushed by that exact rubble that had a metal pipe in it somehow.

Foolishness!

Han er god barn, men han er så lat.

Eskild? Jeg sitter her.
Mimi
Stelena&Bamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:35 PM
Loyal Fan

I just have to say two things:
Laurel is behaving like an idiot and OH MY GOD WATTA CLIFFHANGER.
KaeraNyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

I liked the episode...

Laurel sure is angry and the only way to cope is to put tha anger in the only direction she seems to know.. against the Hood..
We'll see how that goes..
And I wonder how Ollie will get out of there...

I looooved Felicity being angry with Ollie.. So funny.. and when she finally brought him a coffee.. it was a cold one
But I think Ollie is right having her moved up as his secretary.. what bothered me most last episode was that Felicity was up with them int he meeting with Isabel.. Now as his secretary it would be a way better cover

I loved that Ollie visited Roy and them working together in a way Roy and Thea don't have to break up...

I missed Quentin

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 10-20-2013, 04:06 PM
Elite Fan

Felicity bugged me a little in the episode. I don't know what it was exactly but something about her bugged.

Laurel's misplaced anger is going to backfire. Like the fans needed another reason hate her.

Glad to see Roy has decided to relax on the vigilante ass kicking.

Overall, good episode.

I think Diggle may be my favourite character this season.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Chastidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
Felicity bugged me a little in the episode. I don't know what it was exactly but something about her bugged.

Laurel's misplaced anger is going to backfire. Like the fans needed another reason hate her.

I think Diggle may be my favourite character this season.
It can be that Felicity being more outspoken makes her seem a bit different? like during Season 1 she wasn't much of the voice... she let some things slide, and was just IT girl... this season, she's the voice of reason and is not going to be quite about what she doesn't like?

I'm really shocked with the Laurel direction because fans didn't like her that much, so why give fans another reason to dislike her was just odd to me.

Diggle was my favorite last season, and it seems like it's definitely going to continue this season. The only one who doesn't upset me on this show.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
THis.. and I really hate it.. I really hope we don#t have to watch that too much longer..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 10-21-2013, 07:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Identity was a solid episode. It was great to see China White again. Their fight scenes were awesome. I wonder how long it will be before she and The Hood will cross paths again. Bronze Tiger and Sebastian Blood appear to be formidable foes for him. Can't wait to see more of them in future episodes.

The A-Team scenes were just fantastic. Absolutely loved Felicity being such a spitfire and telling off Oliver. The His Girl Friday reference was just wonderful. And when she said she loves spending the night with Oliver. I was over the moon. I'm sad about Diggle and Carly breaking up. I hope Oliver commiserates with Dig over drinks so they can talk about it.

Holly, maybe Oliver let Isabel assume Felicity was already his EA in that first episode. I guess the writers thing viewers would just assume that as well. Anyway, now it's all above board.

Oh Laurel. I feel sorry for her. I also don't get why she blames The Hood for Tommy's death. The Hood didn't build the devices that caused the earthquake. The Hood didn't get Tommy to go into the building to save her. I think she's misplacing her anger on him because she can't face her own guilt that Tommy wouldn't have died trying to save her. Her whining is getting on my nerves a bit.

That ending was such a cliffhanger. 2 days more to go before the new episode so we'll get to find out soon.

teena1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 09:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Finally caught up with the episode and it was awesome!
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yep Teena, maybe he did, but they didn't for the audience...

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 10-22-2013, 06:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Babble (View Post)
Yep Teena, maybe he did, but they didn't for the audience...
Oh well. They stuffed up a bit but I'll give them a pass.

teena1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread