Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2013, 06:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

2x01 City of Heroes: Episode Dicussion

city of heroes
2x01 - episode discussion

FROM VIGILANTE
TO HERO

Diggle (David Ramsey) and Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) travel to Lian Yu in search of Oliver (Stephen Amell) who left Starling City after The Undertaking. Convinced to return home, Oliver finds that things are in worse shape than he thought – Isabel Rochev (guest star Summer Glau) is preparing a hostile takeover of Queen Consolidated, Thea (Willa Holland) refuses to visit Moira (Susanna Thompson) in jail, Roy (Colton Haynes) is trying to fill the void left by the Arrow’s absence, and Laurel (Katie Cassidy) is working with the District Attorney’s office to take down the vigilante. Meanwhile, flashbacks to the island show Slade (Manu Bennett), Shado (guest star Celina Jade) and Oliver in a desperate situation.

John Behring directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti and teleplay by Andrew Kreisberg & Marc Guggenheim (#201).

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
kostilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for starting the thread!

Yay, it's back tomorrow!
*OldHollywoodStarlet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

so excited!
Old 10-08-2013, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT Holly
Old 10-09-2013, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Beyond thrilled to have this show return!

Sadly where I live we don't get the CW so I'm gonna have to wait till it's online tomorrow.
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Tftnt!
Old 10-09-2013, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

You're not alone Ron.. I also have to wait until tomorrow...

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 10-09-2013, 03:13 PM
New Fan

Hi All,
I wait the second season.
When does it begin the new season?
I didn't the comic book and I'm curious that old event in the island.

Sorry for my poor English.
cosimodc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

At least we have an extra day to get excited, those of us who can't watch so it will be fun later

Happy watching to those who get to see it tonight!
Emma♥Neal
Old 10-09-2013, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Arrow came back strong for Season 2, short review.

I loved the A-Team, right from beginning to end. I love Diggle and Felicity looking weeks for him, even coming to the Island to help him... although he didn't want to be saved. I loved them not being quiet about how they feel about him giving up the hood.
I love Felicity gave him the advice that he doesn't need to kill, it could be another way... and Oliver not wanting to kill people anymore made so much sense. Tommy death might be the thing that makes Oliver Queen becomes more of a hero.

I enjoyed Quentin Lance in this episode, I really love the growing bond between him and Felicity, I'm happy that friendship, per say

This episode just made me love Roy Harper. I mean wow, he was just incredible, trying to be a hero. Him loving Oliver Queen is really helping him become more of a hero... although he hasn't been that successful yet, He's in a great story.
I'm still not into the Roy/Thea relationship yet though although I love Roy and Thea as stand alone characters.

I enjoyed the family scenes tonight,.. I loved that emotional scene with Thea & Moira, it's my favorite scene of them thus far. I enjoyed that the thing that got Oliver to put the Hood back on is Thea! I've missed them in the last part of Season 1, so it's good to see something with the siblings again.
The introduction of Black Canary was very interesting... wonder what this means for Laurel Lance? but we'll see.

Good ending, will Hood finally name himself Green Arrow?

The preview for next week looks good as well, this seem like it will be my season here.

Great episode.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:51 PM
Absolute Fan

Really good premiere episode. I still haven't seen all of Season 1 and was therefore slightly lost in a few places, but otherwise really enjoyed the story.

Oliver making the choice to become more than just a vigilante is an important step for his character, and a great expansion of the evolution he went through in the middle of Season 1, since, now as then, he's got something worth fighting for.

It was great seeing Walter again, and I got a kick out of the implication that Moira suggested Oliver call him. It was also neat to see Oliver outsmart Isabelle Rochev.

Speaking of, it's weird seeing Summer Glau playing an antagonistic character, but we'll see where things go.

I liked Thea's retort to Oliver that she's old enough to run a bar even though she's not old enough to legally drink, and find it funny that she's now running the establishment that is supposed to be and provide cover for Oliver's 'nocturnal activities'. There's definitely going to be problems at some point, and I can't wait to see what happens.

Laurel and Oliver might try to stay 'just friends' , but that's not going to last very long.

I'm with Roy in wanting to know where the hell the Black Canary came from, and how her story dovetails with everything else that's going on in Starling City at the moment.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Okay seriously this ranks as one of the top premieres I've seen from all of my fall shows! I was really impressed.

~*~*~

Oliver: He had so much character depth. To see him back on Lian Yu was something I so did not expect but it was so cool to see him back there. It showed that it's his real training ground and his escape.

The weight he had over Tommy's death was heartbreaking but I love that he wants to honor his best friend's memory by becoming the hero Tommy believed he could be.

And his rescuing of Thea was perfect. It took his family to bring him back to being that hero he was trying to leave behind.

Seriously loved that ending where Oliver said he didn't want to be called the 'Hood' anymore and then it panned down to the Green Arrow.

A Team- I don't know what to say about Felicity and Diggle. They are such a great backbone for Oliver especially when the guy goes through those crisis of who and who he should not be.

Felicity's revamp of the lair was sick! I loved every bit of it- and for her to get a customized bow was insane. Love the new look of it.

Isabelle- Okay I agree that seeing Summer as an antagonist is definately weird. It's really out of the scope of work she's done but I think that's where she'll end up surprising us. I am so glad to have her on this show!

Black Canary- So awesome to see her show up! It's not the Black Canary that we know but rather someone else and I think that's what will be great. Maybe it's this version that inspires the Laurel Lance character.

Roy- I was excited when we were first introduced to him and loved his story arch in season 1. His interractions with Oliver are always so much fun because we know that their paths will lead to a brotherhood and partnership.

I really like how he's stepping up in the hero department. Thea may be concerned about his injuries but given what we know about Oliver you don't become a hero by standing on the sidelines and not getting hurt.

I can't wait to see where the story takes Roy.

Thea- This girl has really grown up. To see her take control of the club while Ollie was gone was great.

Loved her kidnapping and her realization that it wasn't all her mom's fault and that her mom only did what she had to to survive. That moment with her and her mom was beautiful.

Final Thoughts-

I don't get the CW so I don't get the previews. I could look them up online sure but I won't. I seriously want to be surprised now given how badass the premiere was!

This is gonna be a great year for Arrow, I just know it.
Emma♥Neal
Old 10-10-2013, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

GREAT start to the season!! I loved it!!
Old 10-10-2013, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Loved the episode.

Wonder if the Laurel ends up working with the Black Canary - maybe she enlists her to he take own the Hood?
t2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

I loved it..

Only one thing.. I thought there was too much Felicity.. Not that I don't love her.. But I think it wasn't professional to bring her to the meetings.. Because for the company she's just an IT-girl.. Nothing to do with the CEO.. And I think it gives too much away of their A-Team business.. If you know what I mean..
Other than that, I thought it was prett cool..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Reply   Post New Thread