Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2013, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

1x14 The Odyssey: Episode Dicussion

the odyssey
1x14 - episode discussion

MANU BENNETT (“SPARTACUS”)
GUEST STARS AS SLADE WILSON

After Oliver (Stephen Amell) is shot, he turns to a surprising person for help – Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards). Diggle (David Ramsey) is stunned when he sees Felicity walk through the front door of the lair dragging a dying Oliver behind her, and the two team up to save Oliver’s life. As Oliver (Stephen Amell) hovers between life and death, he flashes back to a seminal event on the island – a daring escape attempt with his new friend Slade Wilson (guest star Manu Bennett).

Katie Cassidy, Willa Holland, Paul Blackthorne and Susanna Thompson also star. John Behring directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kreisberg and teleplay by Andrew Kreisberg and Marc Guggenheim (#114).

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
kostilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:55 PM
Elite Fan

I was on hulu last night and was surprised to see the ep... Up early... It's gone now but I watched and enjoyed it before hand. Lots of island stuff. Was cool to learn some new stuff!
Old 02-13-2013, 06:19 PM
Master Fan

Hope that the aussie guy's still alive and that he arrives in Starling City at some point.
bwm30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:35 AM
Elite Fan

I thought this was an excellent episode. It's good that the writers are expending Felicity's role and I loved the Ollie/Slade scenes on the island. Manu Bennett is amazing. I, too, hope Slade will turn up in Starling City at some point.
Hamburgo1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really loved last night`s episode, which was one of the best episodes of Arrow to date.

It nicely explored Oliver and Slade`s partnership with their escape attempt. I really love the guys` relationship. Slade is an excellent mentor for Oliver in that he pushes Oliver past his limits and strengthen him. Manu Bennett did an excellent job in the episode. I also hope that we`ll see Slade pop up in Starling City soon.

Also Felicity was a real lifesaver for Oliver along with Diggle. Both of them did great jobs of saving Oliver. Felicity was especially great in doing some troubleshooting by fixing the defribillator. I`m really glad that Felicity`s now on the team, because of her great tech skills and her nice sense of humor.

Lastly the scenes with Oliver and Moira were so well done, especially the last one toward the end. Moira shooting Oliver was very Shakespearean. Oliver felt such sadness being back around Moira in that now his relationship with her will never be the same again.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:45 PM
Master Fan

It's funny I didn't know Manu Bennett was guest starring. So when I saw him, I screamed out Crixus and Crixus with clothes on.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:32 PM
Elite Fan

This was one of the best episodes of the season. I really loved it.

The island flashbacks were really good and I'm glad they are starting to provide some answers. I wish we could see Yao Fei in every episode.

It's great that Felicity knows now and I like the character but I hope they don't try to make her one of the leads. Don't get me wrong I like her but I think some characters are better in smaller doses. I was really surprised by her chemistry with Diggle.

And Stephen was really good in this episode. All of his scenes with his mother were amazing. I loved when she hugged him and he tried to act normal despite the fact he was in a lot of pain.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:03 PM
Extreme Fan

I just finished watching the episode and I have to say, I enjoyed that the majority of the episode was in flashback form. I'm so glad to have gotten to see how Oliver went from the person he was on the beach to the person he is now.

With everything else happening, the issues between Laurel and her father as well as Oliver and his mother, there's going to be a blow-up just around the corner.

Oliver getting shot, by his mom...that I didn't see coming. I almost felt sorry for her only because if she only knew who she had just shot...

I'm looking forward to seeing where all of this ends up.
Doxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:56 AM
Dedicated Fan

The episode was great. Was nice to have an episode dedicated mainly too a flash back instead of a bit here & there. Can't wait for the next one
Raemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

A great episode.. I loved that we got to see so much of the island.. Looooooved to see former Laurel

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
kostilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 12:41 AM
Loyal Fan

I loved Felicity in this episode, she was funny with that whole "I found my boss shot in my car... it's not that I helped him because he is my boss....I would help anyone else..." blabbing....
Dig is beginning to look more appealing also, not in "hot", but as a character and his relationship with Oli.

And..."You need a doctor, not a steel worker!"

Icon by: fanforum
miss-rebel86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 11:17 PM
Master Fan

^I remember that episode, it's kinda the moment when the three start to work together