Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2012, 09:19 AM
Part-Time Fan

Love the episode.

Wonder who really through Oliver's facade...

Liked China White, I think she will be back later days.

Definitely curious about the person who shot Oliver in the island. I guessed that there probably somebody taught Oliver for this fighting skills. Well, Oliver could do self-training, but I thought there should have somebody to teach him this amazing skills.

Can't wait this story unfold.
purehack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

I do believe somebody did teach him on the island. (Not to mention he picked up a few other languages).

It is possible it may be the person who shot him.

warangel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:06 AM
Elite Fan

Ratings are steady

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Chastidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

It's getting more interesting here. The episode ended very intriguing. I loved the words which Oliver said when he was on his father's grave, they were really tough.
Hmm I also wonder how stupid is his mother.. she seems to be the worst here. It will be interesting when Oliver finds out what happened on the boat.
Valleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:02 PM
farmboy & chatterbox

I loved the whole episode, I loved the Oliver/Laurel scenes. I start to like them more after last night episode. Laurel relationship with father Quentin really grew on me. I can understand his frustration, because he already lost one daughter and he doesn't want to lose another.
I didn't get him being all upset with Oliver when if it wasn't for him, his daughter may have been dead. So he should be happy Oliver was at her apartment, the right place at the right time.

I don't get Quentin being against Green Arrow as well.

I love the Thea/Oliver development. She loves her older brother but I think she just doesn't get what he's been through. I just don't understand Thea being a certain way towards Oliver, the guy has been stranded on a Island for five years, so of course he's dealing with some things he can't speak out about now. Although I can't wait to learn more and more about what Thea went through as well. I'm interesting in learning more.

John and Oliver friendship was my favorite from last night though! it really grew on me. I loved that John finally proved to Oliver that he does need a bodyguard. lol I loved seeing John in some fighting action while protecting Oliver and Laurel.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:27 PM
Elite Fan

I understood Thea's frustration. She can obviously see through Oliver's facade yet he and everyone else seem insistent on acting like he was just on a holiday for a few years. Oliver has been in hell, she acknowledges that but I think her anger at him stems on the fact that she's spent the last few years alone and confiding in a gravestone. She finally gets her brother back and he has little interest in speaking to her except when to question her social choices. While I think Thea would love Oliver to open up to her, I think at this stage she'd be happy for him to open to anyone so long as he acknowledges that he is messed up. From what I've gathered the Queen reaction to serious shizz seems to be to shut down and pretend the issue isn't there. Thea doesn't seem to want this. Her outbursts want about her, they stemmed from her problem that neither him or anyone else seem to want to face up to what happened.

Also, I find the relationship between Oliver and Thea to be my favourite on the show, next to maybe Oliver and Diggle. I want it to be explored and I genuinely thought that the ice cream scene with Laurel should have been with him and Thea.

That being said, I did like Oliver and Laurel's scenes. I think both actors have great chemistry. I just think that they're pushing them too hard and too quickly. After him showing up and being sweet I was getting the impression that Laurel would be ready to take him back right then and there and I don't think that should be even close to happening. I wouldn't mind Oliver and Laurel not sharing scenes for a few episodes and maybe have Laurel/Arrow meet. I don't buy them as a great love yet because despite having dated in the past, he cheated on her with her sister. That's cold and despite how douchey you are, you don't do that to someone you really love.

Also, Oliver the playboy is amazing. Amell is at his best in the snarky scenes. I can definetly see why he and Tommy would get along. I can see why Laurel would fall for him too.

His mother trying to act like nothing has happened and lure him into working for the company one week after he's found? That's pretty messed up.

Laurel and her father - I like their complicated relationship. It can't be easy going through a loss like they went through especially with all the baggage and deception that came with it. Given how alike they both are, I would imagine that they've always clashed.

Tommy - will he be getting a comment outside of snarking randomly?

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 10-18-2012, 07:33 PM
Passionate Fan

was a little slowly but interesanting

i love the flashbacks
the ending great
Old 10-18-2012, 08:23 PM
farmboy & chatterbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)

Also, I find the relationship between Oliver and Thea to be my favourite on the show, next to maybe Oliver and Diggle. I want it to be explored and I genuinely thought that the ice cream scene with Laurel should have been with him and Thea.
Agreed!
Oliver/Thea for me was the easiest relationship to get into.
Oliver and Diggle became my second favorite after last night, I was surprised by how much I enjoyed their interaction. I can't wait for more.

Actually I knew [for some reasons] once Thea told Oliver, he needs to let someone in, I knew he'd go to Laurel, and then the next scene was with him and Laurel. So I totally saw it coming.
[Clark & Lois]

eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:08 AM
Graphics Team
Moderator Support Team

I finally watched it..

Loooved when Thea told Ollie to open up to somebody and that this got him going to Laurel.. so in the end it was Thea who saved Laurel's life, disn't she?

I hate that the cut the foreheadkiss

And I guess China White will be back, because this was all not enough of her.. She hardly had screen time..

I'm still amazed how Stephen can pull off those two different kids of Oliver.. And I can't wait to get to know what happened on that island and who shot him there..
I already aske myself how he got that disguise and bow from.. I guess now we kinda know.. Looks like this could have bern his mentor.. I wonder if that guy is still alive..
Old 10-19-2012, 05:57 PM
Extreme Fan

The episode was wonderful. I was on the edge of my seat from start to finish and the end of that episode...talk about WOW!!! I can't wait until next week...
So looking forward to it.
Doxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved the episode too
Old 10-20-2012, 12:14 PM
Elite Fan

The episode was really good. I really enjoyed the pace and how the storylines unfolded. I can't wait for the next episode when they start showing how Oliver trained and became Green Arrow.

I can't believe his mother is behind the boat incident. I hope she didn't know Oliver was there too because I would be very surprised if she was willing to sacrifice her own son to get rid of her husband.

Thea is a great character. I'm glad the show has a teenager that isn't annoying.

The Oliver/John relationship is one of the best in the show. I have a feeling John is going to find out Oliver's secret identity very soon.

The Oliver/Laurel scene was great. The look on Laurel's face when Oliver showed her the bag. She thought Oliver was talking about something else

Quote:
Originally Posted by warangel88 (View Post)
Love Kelly Hu as China White. I think she is my fav. villain so far, I would love to see her again in upcoming episodes.
Me too. I have loved Kelly Hu since she appeared on TVD.
Old 10-20-2012, 01:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I hope she didn't know Oliver was there too because I would be very surprised if she was willing to sacrifice her own son to get rid of her husband.
I don't think she knew Oliver was going to be there. Thea said that after the accident she completely shut down so I think that might have been guilt as well. She doesn't seem to want him hurt.

Also, if that was Kelly Hu's only appearance then they definetly wasted her.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 10-20-2012, 07:56 PM
Elite Fan

This show is amazing! loved the episode.
AlwaysCB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 11:23 AM
Graphics Team
Moderator Support Team

I also don't thinkn she knew Ollie was going to there.. He seems too importatnt to her to risk him..