Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2017, 01:08 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by calling me home (View Post)
I don't know that I was Can't remember but its not really doing anything for me right now. I do remember not being sure what to think of it at first. Looking I never posted any comments on the ep while I was a MST here . All I can gather is that I didn't care for Oliver or Tommy much at first

Its really interesting to watch this beginning again after seeing the end of season five so knowing what he's been through & what was going on in that moment

(I'm glad they changed the actress for Sara)

One scene which does stand out to me is the one where he's dreaming & Moria wakes him up & he reacts. They do that well. I love her "you're home" bit

"Have you noticed how hot your sister's got? Because I have not"

I think they do a good job setting the scene & introducing all the characters & the show, but its very choppy which is probably why I wasn't sure on it at first. Now I've seen the episode enough times that I can have it on in the background & still know what's happening to make comments

My favourite scene is probably the final one with Tommy & Laurel which Oliver is spying on
I think the pilot definitely holds up on repeat viewing. I went back and watched it again and actually enjoyed it more than the first time I watched. It is choppy but they do do a good job of introducing the premise and the characters, more so than many pilots.

And hah on Tommy's line, it was funny then and kinda poignant now. He never found out. I am glad they toned Tommy down a bit from the pilot though. He was excited to have Ollie home but there was a lot more sleaziness about him than later on.
RubyGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 04:06 AM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team
freedom where i stand

I enjoyed the pilot far more the more I've watched it. I think the choppiness makes it one which you need to pay attention to & watch more than once to really see all it holds, but it also does work in its favour as you said - it does a really good job of introducing the characters & the premise, possibly more than most

I was glad that they toned down Tommy too
Chelle » DeltaNCISKellyjoin GTarticon
calling me home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 04:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Arrow

I think I always liked the choppy chaotic fill of the pilot. It worked for me because i always imagine that was how Oliver felt coming back home after 5 years of hell.

I miss that levity Tommy brought in the earlier episodes.
Old 10-06-2017, 04:25 PM
Graphics Team Manager
Moderator Support Team
freedom where i stand

I've never thought about it like that but that actually makes a lot of sense & does work
Chelle » DeltaNCISKellyjoin GTarticon
calling me home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 12:10 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Arrow

It’s probably a to each there own thing. There are a lot of people that hate shaky cam shots or other trends in filming.

I’ve always loved the pilot. I always loved Moira and Oliver’s relationship that could be a reason I have so much love for it. It was the beginning of it all for me.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top