Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2014, 07:18 PM
Master Fan

^

pretty sure in the field. Cause ur right... they do hardly know each other and it would seem extremely random.

I mean, ok, Oliver and uh, Summer Glau's character hooked up but still.

I highly doubt they would do that anyways... considering that she already has a semi-triangle thing going on with Barry and Oliver.

But maybe something besides at the work place in future seasons? Maybe. But now? No, I seriously doubt it unless they start hanging out a ton
Old 01-31-2014, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

These two are so adorable thanks for the pics I love them both
Old 01-31-2014, 09:19 PM
Master Fan

it is... there was a photo of Colton, Emily, Steven and Caity in a table read or as he called it "behind the scenes"

wonder if now that she is back that might be part of the new group?
Old 01-31-2014, 10:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

Awesome pictures! .
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-50,NJH D-150 OSW D-176, J-Hope D-177, Jinyoung-D-198 JK-D-415

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-28 LDH D-386
Old 02-01-2014, 09:08 AM
Master Fan

yep... wonder if we'll see Roy interacting with the whole team or not this week
Old 02-01-2014, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

They didn't mention they already met, did they?

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 02-01-2014, 11:49 AM
Master Fan

nope... since he was introduced to both of them I don't think those blood rush commercials were actually part of the show.

cause they didn't really have a second where they seemed to recognize the other or anything like that
Old 02-01-2014, 01:34 PM
Loyal Fan

All I can say when I see the pics (btw thanks Bonnie51) is that Felicity officially has a harem of men at her disposal at all times. Jesus...I will live vicariously through EBR and Felicity while watching the show. Lucky girl. Although I hate Roy has been inducted into the team. I am glad that I will get to see CH and EBR interacting more often. That's bound to be fun on set and on screen.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:03 PM
Master Fan

^

not sure why the hate? just curious

agree that it might lead to more pictures and stuff. I don't think he'll spend a ton of time with them right now.
Old 02-01-2014, 04:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
^

not sure why the hate? just curious

agree that it might lead to more pictures and stuff. I don't think he'll spend a ton of time with them right now.
Oh, I wanted his induction to take longer. I felt it was too soon. I would have hated if Oliver and Felicity kissed in 2x10 or 2x11 or any time before Season 5.

I was hoping to see more interaction between him, Sin, and Thea as a team before he becomes part of the team team. I liked the vibe and I felt it didn't work well with the other characters, since both Diggle and Oliver were dumbed down in last Wednesdays ep. Not to mention, I wondered how Sin would factor in later on with the story.

If he was apart, they could have had a lot of avenues between the trio and just more Sin. I like her.

I'm not sure how much time he will or won't spend with them. Being part of the team, I would expect he would want to work with Felicity and Diggle which means he's in, in.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:22 PM
Master Fan

gotcha

I don't know if it was too early for me or not. I can see that point though but I'm also glad it didn't take it forever. Sometime later this season or S3 was what I was thinking personally but I'll take it.

And for myself... just not a fan of Sin. I don't mind the actress really but I just don't know what purpose she even really serves in terms of the broader picture of the show. But I'm glad someone likes her.

I don't know if he'll spend that much time . Colton mentioned in an interview that the process might take longer than "Roy" might like and that its going to be an interesting journey so I guess we're going to have to wait and see.

I think we might get glimpses of them working together but I doubt he's going to see a ton right off the bat since Sin really doesn't do much besides hang out with him and or Thea right now. Though since Caity is back then maybe she'd do that but lately she hasn't much outside of those two.

^

how did you think that Diggle and Felicity were dumbed down ?
Old 02-01-2014, 07:09 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
gotcha

I don't know if it was too early for me or not. I can see that point though but I'm also glad it didn't take it forever. Sometime later this season or S3 was what I was thinking personally but I'll take it.

And for myself... just not a fan of Sin. I don't mind the actress really but I just don't know what purpose she even really serves in terms of the broader picture of the show. But I'm glad someone likes her.

I don't know if he'll spend that much time . Colton mentioned in an interview that the process might take longer than "Roy" might like and that its going to be an interesting journey so I guess we're going to have to wait and see.

I think we might get glimpses of them working together but I doubt he's going to see a ton right off the bat since Sin really doesn't do much besides hang out with him and or Thea right now. Though since Caity is back then maybe she'd do that but lately she hasn't much outside of those two.

^

how did you think that Diggle and Felicity were dumbed down ?
See...I am game with him joining in season 3. That would have worked for me. Like maybe make his induction at the season 2 opening the doors to start with it in Season 3. I like that idea. I am also cool with late season 3.

I really like Sin because it provides more substance, backstory and connection to Roy. Unlike Felicity, who has no one on the show, but her self and her computers, which bothers me. Roy has that background like Oliver- his family, the Lances - the entire family, and Diggle - his brother's widow and son, and Lyla. Felicity is the only one we are really going, "Who is Felicity, really?" If you get my meaning.

Without Sin, he'd be wallpaper for me. Other than that, I like her look and in my heart of hearts I ship Sin and Roy. I have issues with Thea. While you don't like Sin, I despise Thea...and I'll be honest. The actress' acting rubs me the wrong way. But I will say this...Thea has improved greatly from Season 1 and I don't cringe all the time I see her, although I still dislike her.

They might be able to work Roy in, effectively for me. But I am not sure yet. I was hoping for more depth with Sin and Thea before this. That's one thing I do like, Sin's connection with BC and Roy...but I would hate for Sin to find out about Team Arrow.

In Tremors I don't think Felicity and Diggle were dumbed down. Just Diggle and Oliver for Roy. In Blind Spot, I felt Felicity and Diggle were dumbed down for Laurel.

I won't go into Blind Spot, since that is long gone. But for Tremors it was the direction of the storyline. If you look at the first scene where Oliver and Roy are training. Roy tries to hit Oliver and misses. He's all over the place and no direction. At the end of that scene, Oliver makes the stupidest call. Oliver takes Roy on this mission to check out the Merlyn house. Dumb, dumb dumb. You don't take a hot head who might do something stupid, which he does, on a serious mission. Even Diggle was like, "You took Roy on the mission?" Why? It would have been best to take Diggle with him, a good way to integrate Roy into that scene would have been to have Roy follow Oliver since he has some abilities, he would be able to keep up with Oliver. Anyway Oliver takes Roy.

Now skip to the scene where Oliver and BT are fighting. They are evenly matched and Oliver has a fight ahead of him. You can tell they are both really fighting and holding up the fight. Remember, that Roy is crap at hand to hand combat in his first scene with Oliver.

Therefore, we know that BT is a formidable hand to hand combat fighter and that he can pummel a man. Skip towards the final battle. How then does BT allow a street punk like Roy, who is bad at hand to hand combat get a punch in edge wise? This is the same man that gave Oliver a run for his money as far as fighting. But was sucker punched and knocked out. Not to mention, knocked out but without a skin wrong with his face moments later. Diggle should have been in that final scene helping with that fight or at least working on that crate instead of sitting with Felicity.

This is the dumbing down that irritated me. They did this similar thing last episode and it's just useless.
Old 02-01-2014, 07:41 PM
Master Fan

ah. I gotcha. Well, in regards to the BT thing and Roy in the final scene... valid point though I don't think that Turner thought that Roy was much of a threat, etc, and was kind of taken by surprise that he was there.,,

and historically, long before guns one of my favorite sayings was from some medieval knight "many a armed man fell before a farmer and his hoe?" I can't think of the term he used but basically was saying that if someone who is trained is cocky or gets caught off guard then that training is somewhat meaningless. Not the best example but its the one that came to me.

The worst part about that was yes, the next scene after Roy's pounding on him he looks just fine.

I agree that Oliver never should have taken Roy to Malcolm's house. Not great writing there.

Yes, Diggle should have been there but I imagine as the team expands over the coming years it might happen.

I see why you like Sin but I don't at all ship her with Roy. As far as Thea goes... I basically agree. Its one of the reasons I don't mind Roy being introduced probably because the entire season it seems like he's basically been with Sin or Thea or both.

Though I don't know if Oliver was dumbed down... he was panicking and made a bad decision/s. He was reliving not being able to save Slade and in his mind "failing" again after not quite being able to stop Malcolm, etc... so he panicked and it was a human thing to do. Not smart, but human.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
ah. I gotcha. Well, in regards to the BT thing and Roy in the final scene... valid point though I don't think that Turner thought that Roy was much of a threat, etc, and was kind of taken by surprise that he was there.,,

and historically, long before guns one of my favorite sayings was from some medieval knight "many a armed man fell before a farmer and his hoe?" I can't think of the term he used but basically was saying that if someone who is trained is cocky or gets caught off guard then that training is somewhat meaningless. Not the best example but its the one that came to me.
The worst part about that was yes, the next scene after Roy's pounding on him he looks just fine.
I agree that Oliver never should have taken Roy to Malcolm's house. Not great writing there.
Yes, Diggle should have been there but I imagine as the team expands over the coming years it might happen.
I see why you like Sin but I don't at all ship her with Roy. As far as Thea goes... I basically agree. Its one of the reasons I don't mind Roy being introduced probably because the entire season it seems like he's basically been with Sin or Thea or both.
Though I don't know if Oliver was dumbed down... he was panicking and made a bad decision/s. He was reliving not being able to save Slade and in his mind "failing" again after not quite being able to stop Malcolm, etc... so he panicked and it was a human thing to do. Not smart, but human.
That's the thing though Bonnie, the beginning of the episode painted Roy as the "armed man" because of the Mirakuru. It would have been fitting to have him fall to the "farmer and his hoe" since BT doesn't have any special power just some claws.

I ship her because she's nothing like Thea. She's a tomboy, she could be a lesbian and I like their vibe. I just think that Roy has better flow with Roy than Thea does. I see, Thea does hold Roy back admittedly because he is like a "kept" boyfriend.

Oliver does not panic. Oliver is someone who doesn't have the luxury of panicking in a situation. If he did, he wouldn't be leader. He made a conscious decision and it's pretty noticeable in his expression and it annoyed the hell out of me. Cause he is smarter than that. He's more aware than that.

If you are speaking about the final scene that's fine, he just wanted to focus Roy. I wouldn't say panic. But I was not speaking necessarily about the end scene. In the final scene I felt Dig should have been there. The stupidity was in the scene where Felicity contacts Oliver while he's training Roy and tells him someone is breaking into Merlyn's house. Then he takes Roy with him. That's early in the episode. That was just stupid.

Which brings me to Felicity's smarts in this ep. It just made up for the disaster of Blind Spot. Felicity was on point, alert, and a step ahead on almost everything. Just like she normally was in the past, before Blind Spot, anyway.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
nope... since he was introduced to both of them I don't think those blood rush commercials were actually part of the show.

cause they didn't really have a second where they seemed to recognize the other or anything like that
That's such a pity

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Closed Thread   Post New Thread