Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2019, 03:20 PM
Elite Fan

[8x04] “Present Tense” - Episode Discussion (Airs 11/05/19)

Present Tense
8x04 - episode discussion

"Present Tense" — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TV-14, LV) (HDTV)ECHO KELLUM GUEST STARS – When a mysterious new Deathstroke appears in Star City, Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Team Arrow insist on taking down this villain themselves. Meanwhile reeling from the loss of one of their own, the future Team Arrow figures out a new way to try and stop JJ. Kristin Windell directed the episode written by Oscar Balderrama & Jeane Wong (#804). Original airdate 11/5/2019.

Promos

Promotional Photos, Sneak Peeks & Others

https://www.spoilertv.com/2019/10/ar...nse-press.html

Basic Rules:
  • Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
  • No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
  • Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
  • Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
  • Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Last edited by Cmtaylor531; 11-05-2019 at 03:25 PM
Cmtaylor531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 05:41 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread, and I am excited for the new episode!
Old 11-05-2019, 08:19 PM
Elite Fan

I think this was my least favorite episode so far this season. It still had a lot of good moments but when there are deathstrokes and no Slade it’s just a disappointment to me.

I loved all the William and Oliver scenes though. It was so amazing to see them have conversation with real meaning.

Last edited by Cmtaylor531; 11-06-2019 at 05:43 PM
Old 11-06-2019, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I loved everything about this episode.
Mia annoyed me.... I just didn't care for her pain or anything, I was just simply annoyed. lol

William and Oliver scenes were so special. I love how William told Oliver everything he wanted to tell him about wishing Oliver fought harder and how he loved being with him then and now. I need to re-watch all of that.

Poor Connor Hawke. I just felt sad for him because he's referring to John Diggle as, "Dad" and Diggle doesn't have the connection because he hasn't even adopted him yet.
Connor just needed a hug because it was sad to watch.
The ending was a step in the right direction though. Especially Diggle referring to himself as Connor's father. You can tell how much that meant to amazing adopted Connor. Aww someone give him a hug please.

Stephen Amell acting deserves all the awards. His acting got me invested into the whole episode. You could see his joy mixed in with pain and it worked perfectly for this episode. Also for Oliver to see a mini him in Mia had to be so strange to him. lol but he was still protective dad mode.

I just loved Siren.
When she was like "Definitely you're daughter" lol she was just amazing with her sarcasm and realism and the end of the episode with AntiMonitor. Telling her to betray Oliver Queen and he'll bring her Earth back. I don't know what she should do only because if most were in her situation they'd probably do the evil thing and betray. That is Siren (Larurel's) earth and they are real people who deserves to live and not die that way. So I can't really be against any decision she makes here.

it was hilarious to me hearing everyone talking about is it possible to change the future... umm guys... the future was already changed the second Mia, Connor and William got transported 20 years in the past. Rene and Dinah ain't suppose to know about Mia until 2039 and now they know in 2019, buttlerfly effect #1! Diggle ain't suppose to know he will adopt Connor and his son will be evil, butterfly effect #2. Rene ain't suppose to know his daughter dies and he wins the vote... I mean shall I go on? Everything is different. Which might be better since the future looks so trash....

eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 05:41 PM
Elite Fan

Do you think the monitor is testing Laurel’s character? He seemed to think she should have died on E2. Made Oliver saved her.
Old 11-07-2019, 09:29 PM
Elite Fan

So I rewatched this. I loved it way more the second time. Maybe because I went in knowing we’ll have a death stroke plot and no Slade. All the emotional scenes were just as great the second time.

I still think the monitor is testing laurels character since he thought she should have died with her earth.
Old 12-18-2019, 03:01 PM
Master Fan

I liked this episode! It was solved fast, though, but well there's no time to make 3 episodes of Diggle's relationship with Connor after all

I loved all Mia/Oliver moments and loved a lot the Holt & Smoak 2.0

Laurel was amazing this episode, I wish I saw more Mia/Laurel too

And Oliver, every episode I love him more, more and more, he's the best character for sure and I love it, not many tv shows are able to make their protagonist such a great character. Stephen Amell's performance, Oliver's behaviour, excellent
Old 12-23-2019, 09:16 PM
Elite Fan

The Oliver and William stuff was amazing for me
Old 01-06-2020, 04:20 PM
Master Fan

^ I very much agree! I also like that Oliver has been honest to him about his feelings
Old 09-24-2023, 02:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

I really enjoyed this episode! The middle section was the slowest but I still liked it.

Glad Oliver and the kids finally met… crazy they were in different eras... 2019 and 2040 omg.

William/Oliver were so sweet! William coming out was sweet too and I loved Oliver's reaction and saying he and Felicity already knew.

Good to see Curtis again, his scenes with William were funny.

Mia so standoffish with Oliver was hard to wash but it makes a lot of sense. She never had him in her life.
Alexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread