Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2018, 08:21 PM
Elite Fan

[7x09] “Elseworlds, Part Two” - Episode discusion(Airs 12/10/18) [Crossover begins Sunday12/9/18]

Elseworlds
7x09- episode discussion

“Elseworlds, Part 2” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

With Oliver and Barry still stuck in the other’s bodies, the two get a lead on John Deegan (Lost‘s Jeremy Davies) and head to Gotham City with Supergirl to figure out why their reality has changed. While there, they meet the mysterious Kate Kane (Orange Is the New Black‘s Ruby Rose), who provides them with information that leads the group to Arkham Asylum.

Promos

Extended Trailer

Promotional Photos, Sneak Peeks & Others

Promotional Stills

Basic Rules:
  • Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
  • No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
  • Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
  • Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
  • Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Last edited by Cmtaylor531; 12-08-2018 at 08:36 PM
Cmtaylor531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 06:05 PM
Master Fan

Thank you so much for the new thread Do you think we should add some extras if there's something for it?
Old 12-09-2018, 07:38 PM
Elite Fan

My quick part in one thoughts...

This episode was a lot of fun. I had a lot of laughs and enjoyed a lot of Easter eggs and smallville references. Although it also felt like not a lot really happened even though they fought a robot as well. This was the first episode so it was also just set up for the story. 2 more parts to go.

Also, Sherloque is the most annoying Wells. He wasn’t needed at all tonight. I’d rather have had Nora.

I did love that it was Iris that first believed them.

Barry getting is revenge was funny as well.

Oh and the moment I heard “somebody save me” I did have a lil nostalgia squeal.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmtaylor531 (View Post)
My quick part in one thoughts...

This episode was a lot of fun. I had a lot of laughs and enjoyed a lot of Easter eggs and smallville references. Although it also felt like not a lot really happened even though they fought a robot as well. This was the first episode so it was also just set up for the story. 2 more parts to go.

Also, Sherloque is the most annoying Wells. He wasn’t needed at all tonight. I’d rather have had Nora.

I did love that it was Iris that first believed them.

Barry getting is revenge was funny as well.

Oh and the moment I heard “somebody save me” I did have a lil nostalgia squeal.
yeah. I loved the Barry / Oliver parallel from season 3. It was funny. It made me laugh. tHE BARRY/oliver scenes never disappoint!

it was a good episode even though not much happened, but I assume its just because it was only the first episode of the 3 night crossover.

We need a better Wells, I agree. He has no purpose whatsoever!!

I still kinda miss the crossovers that were just Barry/oliver 1 episode crossovers. They were simple and great at the same time. but I doubt those will ever happen now that there are so many DC characters now on the CW.

Icon by: ***BLONDIE***
JustmissRiss23_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

love all the humour!
Old 12-10-2018, 07:29 PM
Extreme Fan

What is this crossover about? What is the narrative about?
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
DR76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
What is this crossover about? What is the narrative about?
Essentially someone is using the book o f destiny to rewrite reality. Barry and Oliver are having a freaky Friday situation while trying to fix it. Although it’s beginning to seem this crossover is a set up for something in the future.

~~~~~~~

This episode was a lot of fun as well. I’m to tired to comment for too long but here’s my quick thoughts.

Opening with Argus and Joe Wilson was a nice fight.

Running gag with Diggle throwing up every crossover was nice

I enjoyed the Curtis and Barry banter trying to decide if,it was freaky Friday or quantum leap situation.

Oliver seeming to,not want a bruised ego and insisting Batman was an urban legend and he was the first vigilante.

Also Barry seeming to actually care about keeping his identity a secret for once.

Gotham city was just great to see and exist in arrowverse.

I loved Barry laughing at Oliver not being able to control the running yet.

Seeing. Arkham asylum was cool.

I loved whatever Barry and Oliver got druged with when’d they started fighting each other but think they were fight Merlyn and reverse flash. I liked Oliver fighting Barries biggest foe and Barry fighting one of Oliver’s first foes. It gave each other great insight into what each other had to deal with.

Seeing 90s Flash was great but does this just mean this while crossover was a test and possibly a set up for next years crossover being Crisis? I dunno. Anyway.

I actually enjoyed seeing Diaz for once. It worked to see him as a cop and Oliver beating him.

Whatever happened to make the reality change again made Oliver and Barry look like 90s boy and rejects. Just saying.

Last edited by Cmtaylor531; 12-10-2018 at 10:19 PM
Old 12-11-2018, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I only wish the crossover would be longer … Really enjoying this . Seeing Batwomen for the first time and the hint of sexual tension between Kane and Kara
Old 12-11-2018, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan (View Post)
I only wish the crossover would be longer … Really enjoying this . Seeing Batwomen for the first time and the hint of sexual tension between Kane and Kara
Yeah, it's a good crossover!

Old 12-11-2018, 09:33 AM
Elite Fan

I forgot to mention earlier. When Earth 90 Barry finally makes it through and they realize it’s not Jay and then Barry says, “Dad.” I laugh so hard and I don’t even know why. I think it was his face.

I did enjoy the second part much more. I think it’s because even though I tried so hard to avoid spoilers I knew it was a freaky Friday situation and I knew smallville was coming so....
Old 12-11-2018, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmtaylor531 (View Post)
I forgot to mention earlier. When Earth 90 Barry finally makes it through and they realize it’s not Jay and then Barry says, “Dad.” I laugh so hard and I don’t even know why. I think it was his face.

I did enjoy the second part much more. I think it’s because even though I tried so hard to avoid spoilers I knew it was a freaky Friday situation and I knew smallville was coming so....
I also feel like a lot more happened in the 2nd part than the first episode so that does make a difference too.

Old 12-11-2018, 04:35 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Quote:
Essentially someone is using the book o f destiny to rewrite reality.

Why does this sound like a re-hash of Season Two of "Legends of Tomorrow", only that show had "the Spear of Destiny", instead of a book.
"The term 'Black Magic' was originally a reference to the type of 'magic' (spiritual beliefs) done by people who were black and because of the racism of the time - 'Black=Bad'; we find the current idea of black magic meaning magic that is either bad, evil, or lesser." That is just wrong on so many levels.
DR76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 07:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR76 (View Post)
Why does this sound like a re-hash of Season Two of "Legends of Tomorrow", only that show had "the Spear of Destiny", instead of a book.
Sort of in some ways but not really at the sameness time. They went about it Differently plus it ended up being set up for next years crossover.. I’m still dead.

~~~~~~~~

I’m dead. So dead. I have no words. None. Ill try.

So Oliver’s deal with the monitor... do we think that’s why future Star City is screwed up and why felicity is whatever she is.

All I could think was okay Arrow will get a season 8 and it will probably be the last because I’m pretty sure Oliver is suppose to die to keep the balance of where Barry and Kara would have died. Crisis on infininte earths will happen and Oliver will disappear. It said fall 2019 though so will the crossover happen earlier than usual.

Also an apparently Batwoman will be apart of it from the looks of it. Gawd it’s over and all I can talk about is next year crossover.
Old 12-22-2018, 01:47 PM
Dedicated Fan

The loved Smallville reference. I really liked seeing Gotham. I would watch a series of Batgirl. I enjoyed the Barry/Oliver fight in Arkham. A great episode.
miss denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 11:22 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss denton (View Post)
The loved Smallville reference. I really liked seeing Gotham. I would watch a series of Batgirl. I enjoyed the Barry/Oliver fight in Arkham. A great episode.
So I believe they order a pilot for batgirl so we will see how that goes
Reply   Post New Thread