Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2017, 08:18 PM
Elite Fan

^ summed up everyone's reaction to the finale. Only Oliver and William confirmed alive. Arrow trying to kill us.

However, this makes me all kinds of happy because it makes me think we have to get more Slade cause with Adrian dying know way he's dead as well. So have to get more Slade at least in premiere.
Cmtaylor531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 04:23 AM
Master Fan

As someone who has been disgruntled with this show for 2 years with arcs, lackluster storylines and directions of characters and melodramatic relationships... I gotta call it like I see it. This was an amazing finale to a season that seems to be going back to basics of what made Arrow great in the first place the first two seasons of its show. Way-way better of a finale then Season 3 or Season 4 was.
The Survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 05:28 AM
Elite Fan

It's refreshing to finally have a finale that has nothing to do with the villain wanting to destroy star city.
Old 05-25-2017, 09:04 AM
Elite Fan

Old 05-25-2017, 10:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

These are my opinions on which characters will survive to season 6

Evelyn Sharp: Initially I felt that she would be one of the most likely to be killed off. They hadn't used her character
much. However, if she had outspent her usefulness to the show she would have just been killed off in one of the battles
rather than captured and put into the cage. Also they went to the point of getting Oliver to promise to Evelyn that he will
come back for her. Why do all this if you don't need the character anymore ? I suspect that Evelyn will be injured in the
blast and Oliver will "come back" and rescue her. This will make Evelyn re-evaluate what she thinks of Oliver Queen and
starts her path to redemption.

Nyssa and Talia: As with Evelyn they had the opportunity to kill Talia but .......just had Nyssa knock her out.
Again if they didn't need Talia anymore thy would have just had Nyssa kill her. I think both will survive to fight eachother
another day.

Thea: Didn't think much of her storyline this year. I prefer her back in the role of Speedy. Again if they wanted to kill
her off they would have just let the landmine do its job. However, they got Malcolm to save her. So again, I don't think
they will save a character just to kill her off again.

Malcolm Merlin: Well John Barrowman already told us that he won't be in Arrow shows next year and believes his character
has died. However, as with comic books, if you don't see the character die, there is no guarentee that that character is dead.
Malcolm (and Captain Boomarang) died offscreen. I believe that they might just "retire" Malcolm Merlin character, and if needs
be, in the future bring him back. But how can you bring the character back ??? Well we saw Captain Boomarang and a few minions
come towards Malcolm. What if one of the minions stepped on another landmine. The subsequent blast throws Malcolm off his
landmine ....to safety.

All other characters: I think they will all be safe in the bunker

.....also.... in the scene where Samantha and Felicity talk.. it would have been great if
Nyssa was there as well. Samantha: "Who are you ?" Nyssa : "I'm the wife !"
PinkPowerRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 03:06 PM
Elite Fan

X

I didnt even catch this the first time. It came to me upon the rewatch though that as soon as he said put the gun to his head that Oliver knew he wasnt betraying him because it was a call back to Slade training him. Made me love it even more.

Also didnt even notice that it the start of the episode the Arrow as from season one and then the episode ended with the arrow from season 5.

The one thing i did think about the first time i watched was that Chase making him choose between William and everybody was sort of like the impossible choose he had to make between Sara and Shado.

Everything coming full circle in the flashbacks leading up to that phone call to Moira was perfect. Just perfect. Plus Stephen and Susanna nailed that phone call. I got a bit misty. Granted it didnt help that the scene was intercut with him rescuing william so it was emotional all the way around.

Last edited by Cmtaylor531; 05-25-2017 at 03:20 PM
Old 05-25-2017, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So we can finally say goodbye to Oliver flashbacks on the island !
I was pleased with the finale , liked the fact Adrian held all the cards till he killed himself ..
I always loved the deathstroke character plus big fan of manu Bennett .

Perhaps the The biggest non-cliffhanger question . Is who in this wide cast of villains and heroes, live on for season 6?? No spoilers or hints , A few recaps of the finale question of everyone left on the island . Which cast member doesn't return ??
Old 05-25-2017, 05:43 PM
Elite Fan

I'm not sure whose gonna die. I think Potentially most of team arrow probably survived in the argus prison somehow.

Merlyn and boomerang for sure. However, even with Johns goodbye I'll still never say never cause he died offscreen so he can pop up one day. He's not the magician for nothing.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm pretty sure most of them will survive, no more than a few casualties like Artemis or William's mother and the Talia's henchmen. Not even Malcom or Boomerang, probably
Arien Siege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 12:43 AM
Elite Fan

Blind wave is my favoirte react and review show. They don't follow spoilers and if i recall they don't even watch promos. So everything is unspoiled for them. Plus they go indepth and analyze well.
Old 05-29-2017, 03:59 AM
Elite Fan

Slade surprised me most in this finale.

Too bad they probably only gave him and Oliver closure finally so they could kill him off.
Old 05-29-2017, 10:27 AM
Elite Fan

I think Slade will live. They killed Merlyn and Adrian. We need one big bad to live another day.
Old 05-29-2017, 01:41 PM
Elite Fan

I suppose the two of them making a temporary alliance for the sake of their sons doesn't mean that he's entirely reformed.

Deathstroke is basically a mercenary in the comics. He has to pay the bills somehow.
Old 05-29-2017, 03:27 PM
Master Fan

Slade must live. I want him to join Team Arrow. Him coming back was the greatest thing ever. Dancing in front of the TV awesome.
X-files, epi #5-04, 'Detour'.
Little_Stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmtaylor531 (View Post)
I like the finale. It had all the right touching moments as well as action. Oliver has to be able to offer Slade some bit of redemption. He let go of his anger towards Slade where as Adrian never let go over his father. He did something adrianncould never do.

So how does most everyone survive? Either in the water somehow or maybe the argus prison acts as a bunker? No way the made it to the boat in time.
I thought about the ARGUS prison, it should have that kind of protection. I do believe that everyone is okay. Not sure about Merlyn. I always have this idea that Merlyn and Slade would come back as the enemy of the season sometime, but perhaps that wasn't the intention from the writers.
To be honest Oliver wasn't enough smart to take care about Chase. He should have known about the possibility of Chase killing himself. He was insane and he didn't care about dying, just to make Oliver "pay" for what he did.

This episode has plenty of awesome things. But the best moments for me were Slade's scenes and interactions, and to see William realizing about Oliver being his father and the Green Arrow.
Nyssa against Talia, that was awesome! Good to see that Nyssa won

@supergirl perfect gif for the ocassion

Honestly, best season finale I've seen of Arrow. Impressive. Dramatic. Intriguing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPowerRanger (View Post)
.....also.... in the scene where Samantha and Felicity talk.. it would have been great if Nyssa was there as well. Samantha: "Who are you ?" Nyssa : "I'm the wife !"
hilarious!

Quote:
X

I didnt even catch this the first time. It came to me upon the rewatch though that as soon as he said put the gun to his head that Oliver knew he wasnt betraying him because it was a call back to Slade training him. Made me love it even more.
I didn't realize. Better love story than twilight (no offense to twilight)

Quote:
The one thing i did think about the first time i watched was that Chase making him choose between William and everybody was sort of like the impossible choose he had to make between Sara and Shado.
I thought the same! Good to see that Oliver learnt from those choices

Quote:
Merlyn and boomerang for sure. However, even with Johns goodbye I'll still never say never cause he died offscreen so he can pop up one day. He's not the magician for nothing.
Totally agree . I won't consider him dead, just as I did with Deadshot, until I see the very last episode of this tv show. Especially because Merlyn was the first big bad of Arrow. Perhaps he had a subtle redemption thanks to Thea, but the Dark Archer is still there, somehow.