Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2016, 01:40 PM
Elite Fan

[5x09] What We Leave Behind (Airs 12/7/16)

What We Leave Behind
5x09 - episode discussion

PROMETHEUS MAKES A DEADLY MOVE AGAINST OLIVER AND THE TEAM — After Prometheus attacks Curtis (Echo Kellum), Oliver (Stephen Amell) realizes Prometheus knows all of Team Arrow’s secret identities and is planning to come for them one by one. Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) and Detective Malone (guest star Tyler Ritter) discover a clue that links Prometheus to Oliver’s past. Antonio Negret directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Beth Schwartz (AR509). Original airdate 12/7/2016.

Promotional stills, synopsis and sneak peaks

Arrow - Episode 5.09 - What We Leave Behind - Promo, Sneak Peek, Interviews, Promotional Photos & Press Release

Basic Rules:
  • Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
  • No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
  • Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
  • Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
  • Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Last edited by Cmtaylor531; 01-13-2017 at 10:01 PM
Cmtaylor531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 07:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Not going into details but one hell of a WTF at the end . A lot to be explained when Arrow returns ..
Old 12-07-2016, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

This episode was just crazy. It probably was my favorite episode in about 2 years though.

What happened with Oliver. Oh no...
Prometheus is really making Oliver go through some torture right now....

The flashbacks were amazing. Loved that it was from 4 years ago. The season 1 days.

The ending. Probably it's more to it? Probably he's seeing things like he use to see Shado? Or probably it's the Laurel from the dream world 100th episode...

eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 08:07 PM
Elite Fan

Ugh so I had to DVR ARrow and I'm sitting here trying to watch it but apparently either my DVR is dumb or the station had issues because I can hear musical background but you cannot hear anybody speaking. WTF? I'm gonna have to go see if I can't watch elsewhere.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

If you are in the US try Hulu or CW app or web page to see the ep .
Wasn't sure about Laurel , unless in Legends of tomorrow , they mess up the timeline . I do think it a way to mess with oliver mentally .. Some projection of what he wants , or after him killing Falicity boyfriend , his mind wants to have Laurel back .

Last week ep was the best in a very long time
Old 12-08-2016, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm just saying that someone should call S.T.A.R. Labs and see if anyone is missing from their metahuman containment facility. You know, like someone from Earth 2, with some pretty powerful vocal chords?
Old 12-08-2016, 12:55 PM
Elite Fan

A very intense episode that I really enjoyed.

I just freakign loved the use of Flashbacks this week. I love them throwing in a 4 years ago instead of five and flashing back to Season one and then intertwining them so well with the present. It was awesome.

So much happened in this episode. I guess anger and rage is blind because its the only way i can make since of Evelyn betraying the team because Oliver used to be a murder and deciding to work with a murder to kill Oliver. Collateral damage be damned even though you know she's also angry over her parents who were Collateral damage.

I loved the awkward as hell Oliver/Susan and Felicity/Billy scene. Why? Im not really sure other then it made me laugh and it felt so Felicity like to me.

So we learnt that Prometheus is whats is face son. Or at least thats what the team is assuming based on so photograph Billy found. Even though its mere speculation at this point and we can't be sure if its true or even if we know the son in the present day.

Prometheus sets Oliver up to kill Billy. That was heartbreaking and i loved the scene back in the arrow cave when he come back to tell Felicity and the team.

We finally learn Curtis husband isn't has dumb as we expected. He just thought Curtis was having an affair. Now he knows the truth and isn't happy he's been lied to. The ultimatum was a little harsh but i imagine this is something that has been festering with Paul.

I dont think Lyla set dig up. I think it was a recording of her voice but seeing has they weren't at the safe house maybe they were used. I dont know. We will have to see what happens with Dig.

Big big shocker at the end. Im not sure if its E2 Black Siren or a hallucination.

It could be black siren masquerading as Laurel and working with Prometheus. He has been study Oliver for years and the team for a while. He'd know where the base was and would be able to coach Siren to act like Laurel. Maybe he first got rid of Lance because he suspected Lance would be the one to know? Or maybe he was worried of Sirens reaction to her dad. Who knows?

Also possible a hallucination. Remember back in S1 or S2 when Oliver was hallucination Shado because he ingested something? They last scene with Susan they did linger not hat Russian Vodka bottle a bit before she gave him that drink. We knows she's playing him a bit so maybe she dosed him?

or the least likely mayne its Flash related and its savjtar reaching out to Oliver trying to get him to come open the box so Laurel and him can be together a la Julian and Cisco.
Old 12-08-2016, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 12-08-2016, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

I think that ending moment with Laurel was the most shocked I've been in awhile

Icon by: ***BLONDIE***
JustmissRiss23_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016, 07:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Love it!!! Laurel is the best damn present Arrow could ask for
Old 12-09-2016, 07:30 PM
Elite Fan

Is Dig in trouble?
Old 12-09-2016, 08:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Is Dig in trouble?
Yes. He got that phone call from Lyla saying something was wrong with JJ. He goes to the safe house and he's met wth what looks like a strike force.
Old 12-12-2016, 07:25 PM
Master Fan

This episode left me and

I'm sad about Malone. He was a good boy and I was starting to like him.

And Laurel! I hope Oliver is not dreaming and she's alive for real
Old 12-13-2016, 12:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Bethany Joy Lenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlone (View Post)
This episode left me and

I'm sad about Malone. He was a good boy and I was starting to like him.

And Laurel! I hope Oliver is not dreaming and she's alive for real
Yeah I think the ending when Laurel showed up was the most shocked I've been about anything with a tv show in a really long time. I'm dying to know what's it's going to be all about.

I'm really not too upset about Malone. To me, He was just someone standing in the way of Oliver and Felicity getting back together.

Icon by: ***BLONDIE***
JustmissRiss23_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 06:16 PM
Master Fan

Right! We didn't have any hints on this... I lost all my hope with seeing her coming back, and the last thing I would have imagined was that last scene!

I really prefer Oliver and Felicity not to be together for a long time. I think their relationship needs to be re-explored before they go with it again. That was one of the reasons of why I really liked that Felicity had a boyfriend. Sad to see that he had to die!